RECENT  POSTS:  » Video: Man who's called for exporting gays goes on CNN to defend Indiana law, earns deserved result » Man who insinuated it's better to be thrown into sea than support homosexuality attended #SB101 signing ceremony » Considering vast (and frankly odd) amount of time he spends talking about us, no wonder Tony Perkins thinks we're 'special' » FRC keeps lying about where majority of Americans stand on marriage equality » Audio: Indiana restaurant owner openly discriminates against gays, glad to have added protection to do so » Indiana legislature, Gov. Pence awaken a fierce, powerful, anti-discrimination giant » Eleven Republican US Sens. give anti-gay conservatives a taste of a near and less divisive future » NOM proudly touts #March4Marriage backers who believe homosexuality 'should be treated by society as immoral, dangerous perversion' » Video: Gee, with compelling videos like this one, I just can't imagine why the anti-gay right is losing in court » #TBT: Even after legal equality, Americans—and particularly religious Americans—struggle to accept certain marriages  

« Go back a post || Return to G-A-Y homepage || Haul tail to next post »

12/06/2006

Cali winery works to uncork equality

by Jeremy Hooper

O'brien-Cellars-Logo-MediumThe O'Brien Family Vineyard in Napa Valley, California, has announced that it will donate 20% of revenues from its online Equality Wine Store to the state's most prominent gay rights group, Equality California.

Both progressive and delicious!

In a semi-related story, should such equality-seeking efforts pay off and we be allowed to get married, our Aunt Frances will attribute 20% of her inappropriate behavior at our reception to the O"Brien Family's collection of red and whites, with the other 80% being chalked up to the simple fact that she's batsh*t crazy.

Both senile and unable to hold her liquor!

However, both 20% allotments WILL ultimately help our "gays are normal, so get over it" cause, as it's really hard for folks to look at us with condescension when a proudly heterosexual middle-aged woman is dancing on a table with various flower arrangements on her head.

Napa winery to donate funds to support gay marriage [SF Business Times]

Technorati Tags: , ,

space gay-G-A-Y-post gay-email gay-writer-jeremy-hooper


comments powered by Disqus

G-A-Y Comments Policy


 
Related Posts with Thumbnails