What, CWA, was there no room for 'dirty sanchez'?
So in their never-ending quest to defeat legislation that would (a) protect the LGBT community from hate crimes and (b) protect the LGBT community from employment discrimination, those reliably duplicitous kids at the Concerned Women For America are once again trotting out their own twisted definitions of sexual orientation and gender identity. A blatant attempt to link certain behaviors (or paraphilias, as they are known) to actual orientations and identities, CWA lists the following as concepts that could be protected under such pro-gay legislation:
1. Heterosexuality: the universal norm: sexual interaction with the opposite sex.
2. Homosexuality or "Gay": sexual interaction with persons of the same sex.
3. Bisexuality: sexual interaction with both males and females.
4. Transgenderism: an umbrella term referring to and/or covering transvestitism, drag queen/kings, and transsexualism.
5. Pedophilia: "sexual activity with a prepubescent child (generally age 13 years or younger). The individual with Pedophilia must be age 16 years or older and at least 5 years older than the child. For individuals in late adolescence with Pedophilia, no precise age difference is specified, and clinical judgment must be used; both the sexual maturity of the child and the age difference must be taken into account."
6. Transsexuality: the condition in which a person's "gender" identity is different from his or her anatomical sex.
7. Transvestitism: the condition in which a person is sexually stimulated or gratified by wearing the clothes of the other sex.
8. Transvestic fetishism: for males, "intense sexually arousing fantasies, sexual urges, or behaviors involving cross-dressing."
9. Autogynephilia: the sexual arousal of a man by his own perception of himself as a woman or dressed as a woman.
10. Voyeurism: "obtaining sexual arousal through the act of observing unsuspecting individuals, usually strangers, who are naked, in the process of disrobing, or engaging in sexual activity."
11. Exhibitionism: "recurrent, intense sexually arousing fantasies, sexual urges, or behaviors involving the exposure of one's genitals to an unsuspecting stranger."
12. Fetishism or Sexual Fetishism: "intense sexually arousing fantasies, sexual urges, or behaviors involving the use of nonliving objects (e.g. female undergarments)."
13. Zoophilia: becoming excited by and/or engaging in sexual activity with animals.
14. Sexual Sadism: "recurrent, intense, sexually arousing fantasies, sexual urges, or behaviors involving acts (real, not simulated) in which the psychological or physical suffering (including humiliation) of the victim is sexually exciting to the person."
15. Sexual Masochism: "recurrent, intense sexually arousing fantasies, sexual urges, or behaviors involving the act (real, not simulated) of being humiliated, beaten, bound, or otherwise made to suffer."
16. Necrophilia: sexual arousal and/or activity with a corpse.
17. Klismaphilia: erotic pleasure derived from enemas.
18. Telephone Scatalogia: the compulsion to utter obscene topics over the phone.
19. Urophilia: sexual arousal associated with urine.
20. Coprophilia: sexual arousal associated with feces.
21. Partialism: "sexual arousal obtained through exclusive focus on part of the body."
22. Gender Identity Disorder: "a strong and persistent cross-gender identification, which is the desire to be, or the insistence that one is, of the other sex," along with "persistent discomfort about one's assigned sex or a sense of the inappropriateness in the gender role of that sex."
23. Frotteurism: "touching and rubbing against a nonconsenting person."
Hmm...they seem to left off "69ing with Satan." Must have been an oversight!
Now, if such a list looks familiar to you, it's probably because these are the definitions of sexual orientation that you have found in medical and psychological textbooks you've seen such a list propagated by various "pro-family" groups, who want to make gays and pedophiles look like tomatoes and tomahtos. They are just so desperate to muddy the waters of what these bits of pro-gay legislation are truly about, that they feed the minds of their readership with a laundry list of fetishes and behaviors that have nothing to do with the LGBT community. They even go so far as to say of one of the proposed bills, "While ENDA covers three 'sexual orientations,' 23 'sexual orientations' actually exist." They are deliberately misclassifying behaviors as "orientations," so as to further your own self-serving, gay demonizing cause!
So righteous they are!
It's obviously a disingenuous, disgusting tactic. Sadly, however, we'd be willing to bet that it works all too well with some of the more impressionable members of their base. After all, with the plethora of misinformation that folks like CWA have passed around about us over the years, why WOULDN'T their readers think that we gays like to pork dead pigs in public while being pissed on by a donkey that's dressed in a tetty?
You know........I read this site from across the Atlantic with mingled bemusement, amusement and occasional jaw-dropping incomprehension.
One thing that's evident from your postings of the constant drivel from these hate groups...sorry, concerned citizens...is their pathological obsession with sex in any form that they regard as abnormal. They're really, really, really, really, really, really, obsessed with sex, aren't they? Some of these "concerned" men seem to spend more time thinking about gay sex than I do, which would take some beating. And I know you're not being selective with these links, I've looked at their websites myself.
I've mentioned before how there's no analogue for these hate groups in the UK outside of rabid Islamic fundamentalists, and they're a minority of a minority. Everyone else is just going about their lives like civilised human beings, gay or straight, religious or not. There's something deeply wrong at the heart of America that it can't get over this puritan mania about sex and sexuality. America is a beautiful place, I have many friends there and I look forward to visiting it again. It's very sad to think how bitter and spiteful these isolated groups have to make themselves out of a failure to accommodate their religion with the modern world. Very sad indeed.
Posted by: John C | May 7, 2007 8:40:49 PM
Astute observations, John C.
Posted by: G-A-Y | May 7, 2007 10:55:10 PMcomments powered by Disqus