RECENT  POSTS:  » Ruth Institute (former NOM affiliate): Same-sex marriage is as much of a wedge as interracial marriage bans » NOM finally admitting that marriage amendments are, in fact, bans » Kentucky's big anti-LGBT org hopes to pray away a fair court ruling on civil marriage » Iowa's governor sponsoring anti-gay Family Leader summit? » Head of Virginia's top anti-gay org: One mean email proves 'the left' is sexist, intolerant » Video: Ohio should be so lucky to have married couples as adorable as George Henry » GLAAD: Q&A with former 'ex-gay' activist Yvette Schneider: 'I’ve never met an 'ex-gay' man I thought was not still attracted to men' » Head of Virginia's anti-equality org: 'open season to discriminate against anyone who believes that children deserve a mom and a dad' » Force behind Virginia's marriage ban ably demonstrates animus behind it » NOM to show rest of world its impressive ability to exacerbate loss

11/02/2007

Video: Westboro thankful for anti-windfall

Responding to the costly verdict that has been cast against them, the Phelps family has fired up the trusty video camera and committed their patented form batsh*t craziness to digital video.

Geez, how many of them are there? Is it a cult or a frickin' clown car?!

But it was nice to get a tour of the Westboro compound. That was sort of like an episode of "MTV Cribs," except with all the "bling bling" replaced with lots of "cuckoo, cuckoo."

Thank God for 10.9 Million [YouTube]

I can't find any new words that have not already been said to describe how much these people have lost their minds. It is too much for me to comprehend anymore.

I have only one question to Fred Phelps and his hateful family. If they follow god's word right down to the very last period, why haven't they have a slave tribe in their backyard since the bible says slavery is okay. If they don't have slaves, then they are going against God's word.

Posted by: Sam | Nov 2, 2007 10:13:48 AM

This is what happens when you allow breeding within immediate family members. 0_o

All their church members are related to one another so one wonders what sort of off the wall church they have.

Posted by: Ken R | Nov 2, 2007 5:07:09 PM

Do you people not have social services who can remove these children from such harmful parents.

These idiots are embarrasing your country "Worldwide".

Read www.newsnow.co.uk and head for the gay section.

In the UK they would be seen as people with severe issues and arrested on sight.

First amendment fair enough, but the law allowing these freaks to picket funerals. Thats Sick...

Your Country really is fucked.

Try that in the UK and your Jailed. Its called respecting common ground.

I agree with the Phelps on one thing, bye bye USA as a world power.

Perhaps we can all stop worrying in our beds over who is going to blow the shit out of whom next over Oil.

Posted by: David North | Nov 2, 2007 7:03:51 PM

I hope this law suit bring others to follow suit. I hope their little church goes "bankrupt". I think the father should have gotten more. Can't omagine what it's like to bury your son with these nut jobs picketting.

Posted by: don levy | Nov 3, 2007 10:17:37 AM

Don: But see, that's the point of this article -- separating the emotional from the lawful. And the fact that this case was decided by a jury rather than a judge highlights that this could have been decided largely on emotion.

Yes, 99.9% of the planet thinks Westboro is disgusting. Trust me -- I deal with them personally all the time. I get it! But the matter at hand is whether or not this sets a dangerous precedent.

**It also should be noted that they were NOT at the funeral, but rather a reported 1,000 feet away.

Posted by: G-A-Y | Nov 5, 2007 9:41:35 AM

HELLO! MAY I ASK IF YOU KNOW THE NAME OF THIS MEMBER
OF THE PHELPS FAMILY? HE IS CUTE, WITH THOSE SEXY GLASSES AND POLITE MANNERS, DELICATE INDEED.
I WANT TO MAIL HIM A MESSAGGE...TELLING HIM THAT
HE IS VERY VERY SEXY!!! AND...THAT I AM AN
ATHEIST SO I DONT CARE IF I GO TO HEAVEN OR HELL!!
MANY THANKS.