RECENT  POSTS:  » Photo: The latest totally convincing, in no way silly attempt at a meme from anti-gay Ruth Institute » AFA's Fischer: Time for Christians to 'get up in somebody's grill' like Jesus would » GLAAD: The World Congress of Families sparks protests in Australia. Let's examine why. » GLAAD: NOM cofounder: 'Hard to see... the logical stopping place' between gay-affirming, murder-affirming Christians » 'Nonpartisan' NOM's entrenched Republicanism again showing » GLAAD: His other tactics failing, NOM president turns to anti-trans fear-mongering » AFA's Bryan Fischer: Diversity is 'most sinister and dangerous lie' » WND activist: 'Dan Savage has done far worse things than Westboro [Baptist];' says to send him to Iraq to challenge those who hang gays » Michael Sam's teammate offers perfect response to silly shower 'story' » Photo: Negligent NOM posts baby with choking hazard; will someone please think of the children?

02/07/2008

Audio: Progress gets slap in the face; anti-gays pat selves on back

The Concerned Women for America are just SO excited that their God granted them the "miracle" of a potential gay marriage ban in the Sunshine State. Listen in as grown adults who should know better express adulation over the possibility that tax-paying Florida gays might soon have a constitution that explicitly discredits the way they love:

powered by ODEO

::sigh:: It must be so much easier to be the bully. Especially when your movement has so diligently created the illusion that you're the ones being attacked, so as to help you sleep better at night.

Victory for Marriage in Florida [CWA]

**Note: We're not being hyperbolic when we say they think God granted them this "miracle." The first line of the text that accompanies this audio (which can be seen at above link) reads, "We serve a God of miracles!"

I was mildly amused by the passing comment of "this is Florida, not Georgia or Alabama." It came across as if he was lamenting the fact that his own state wasn't as conservative as those two states.

Of course, the problem (for them) of celebrating this "miracle" is that it's going to make the push to get people to get out and vote for the amendment that much more difficult.

Posted by: Jarred | Feb 7, 2008 11:54:14 AM

Just what my day needs. Idiotic christian bigot bastards who think that their supposed "god" gave them an opportunity to add discrimination to another states constitution. Even though I don't live in Florida, I hope the people there will realize how bigotry is the lowest form of life and that those people don't deserve to live.

(I know that may be harsh but my day isn't going well and I need to rant a little about these lowlifes they call themselves christians when there is nothing christian about them. I could use harsher words but I'm afraid you won't approve my post.)

Posted by: Sam | Feb 7, 2008 12:03:33 PM

Same song
Different verse
A little bit louder
Same as the first

(and Jarred. The saddest thing about this whole facade is that it will actually drive these people to the polls in droves {which is the whole point} and while they are there they will vote for the republican presidential candidate as well {which is straight out of Karl Rove's playbook}. Evangelicals will vote for something they believe in even during a hurricane. Our side, sadly, will not vote just because there is a little rain)

Posted by: Jon-Marc | Feb 7, 2008 1:08:53 PM

Concerend Women for America = Has MEN write thier policies, they would cause' the Suffrogates to "roll over" in thier graves! These grps make me sick and ashamed to be American! Well IF this passes in Fla....count me as NEVER going there again..they will NEVER see my Tax Tourizm dollars! Eff Disney,and all the other attractions..I'll pass!

Posted by: Disgusted American | Feb 7, 2008 2:41:01 PM

Have they edited the clip, or is there something wrong with my modem or computer? Some of the references made here don't make sense.

Posted by: Mike in the Tndra | Feb 7, 2008 2:53:17 PM

Yeah, (Disgusted American) I have yet to see a woman speaking for the Concerned "Women" of America. It's always that dipstick Peter LaBarbera.

Posted by: Anon | Feb 7, 2008 3:45:31 PM

Wow, IT'S A MIRACLE!

They were able to collect the required number of signatures in just less than FOUR years (a period of time for collecting signatures not allowed in any other state).

I'm just amazed.

Posted by: Zeke | Feb 7, 2008 8:04:38 PM

bring em' on.
If we do down, we will go down bloody.

Posted by: allan | Feb 7, 2008 9:26:28 PM

My, but they do test my patience! The longer time goes by, the more I get to thinking that maybe it's time to REALLY fight back--no more turning the other cheek. Just bring a good, old *ss-whipping on those evangelical low-lifes! BTW, since when do churches get away with openly advocating changing state laws without losing their tax-exempt status. There's something very seditious about all this.

Posted by: mike | Feb 8, 2008 1:35:26 PM