RECENT  POSTS:  » MassResistance's hilarious fourteen-point plan for reinstating marriage discrimination: Get really, really nasty » Concerned Women For America finally learns to call out anti-gay rhetoric » 'Rivka Edelman' responds to me via one of the most bizarre comments I've ever read » Just going to another vendor isn't always easy, isn't good basis for sound policy » Pat Robertson: People who believe in fair nondiscrimination law are 'terrorists, radicals, and extremists' » In which another anti-gay group forces politicos to Gladys Kravitz our way into one family's divorce drama » In 2008, the AFA was the same on LGBT rights as President Obama; and I was a flying unicorn » The Hitching Post plot thickens in a truly remarkable way » On Rivka, Robert and their dirty, self-victimizing, anti-intellectual blame game » POTUS believes in fifty-state equality, happy with way it's playing out

03/07/2008

Video: Does McCain consider Parsley a sage?

Who's in McCain's corner in the upcoming election? Well, "spiritual guide" Rod Parsley, for one:

Wanna stop Parsley's sage advice from peppering the White House? Well Rosemary, thankfully there's thyme time.

Rod Parsley, John McCain's 'Spiritual Guide' [PFAW - Right Wing Watch]

Oh groan.

But with any luck we'll be homeward bound and feelin' groovy instead.

Posted by: dave b. | Mar 7, 2008 9:53:10 AM

;-) Well even if McCain gets in, I, being the rock that I am, will have my books and my poetry to protect me. I'll be shielded in my armor, hiding in my room, safe within my womb. I'll touch no-one and no-one will touch me.

Posted by: G-A-Y | Mar 7, 2008 9:56:26 AM

And an island never cries.

You're amazing, Jeremy - you get a star for the week!

db

Posted by: dave b. | Mar 7, 2008 10:05:51 AM

scary but funny in a perverse way. loved the waggy waggy of the finger. I bet he likes a blow job every now and then, perhaps even giving one.

Posted by: albert ross | Mar 7, 2008 10:22:31 AM

I didn't realize how big this Rod Parsely guy had become. I remember watching him before going to work. Only public access shows were on and this guy was *so* over-the-top that it was comedic. It was akin to watching an SNL skit of someone playing a preacher.

The best scenes were when right before breaks. They would show his staff dumping bags of checks on a table and the Rev. Rod "praying over them" so that the "harvest" his members gave to him would be returned to them sevenfold. -- Talk about "moneychangers in the temple." Sheesh.

On one hand I felt bad for the people from whom he was taking money. On the other hand, if they sent money after watching him pray over bags of checks, I felt that they fell safely into the "a fool and his money are soon parted" category.

Posted by: Ed | Mar 7, 2008 12:18:09 PM

BTW Jeremy I love the site. Thank you for all that you do keeping your eyes on these loons.

Posted by: Ed | Mar 7, 2008 12:21:00 PM

"What if they change their minds the next night?"

That probably means they're bi, and they need to be protected by hate crimes legislation. Of course, many of us will never change our minds (you really need to ignore that stuff we tried in high school).

Posted by: Mike in the Tndra | Mar 7, 2008 12:30:10 PM

I hope the Democratic Party uses these recent developments about McCain to make him irrelevant in New York, California, Washington and New Jersey.

Rod Parsley is big in Ohio politics, and I am glad all the politicians he backed in Ohio lost badly in 2006. I hope McCain loses hardcore. Rod Parsley and John Hagee are spiritual terrorists and they are just as dangerous as Al Queda.

If I wanted these beliefs in my Republican nominee I would of voted for Huckabee last month in California.

Posted by: Matt from California | Mar 7, 2008 10:32:37 PM