RECENT  POSTS:  » Video: Ad for blemish remover/ tourist spot for our new, bettered America » Whether justified or Kim Davis-ed, individualistic rage rarely outplays broader truths » Kim Davis: The almost too perfect coda to the marriage discrimination fight » Anti-gay clerks are going to have to do their jobs. Because of course they are. » Jeb really wants to remind voters of his anti-'same status' plan for gay couples » Maine: NOM finally forced to hand over its tiny, out-of-state, incestuous donor roll » This delusional primary: Huckabee claims 'same-sex marriage is not the law of the land' » The 'Yeah. Duh. Of course' phase of this fight » Trailer: 'Stonewall' » And now NOM is literally pleading with its (theoretical) supporters

Video: Does McCain consider Parsley a sage?

Who's in McCain's corner in the upcoming election? Well, "spiritual guide" Rod Parsley, for one:

Wanna stop Parsley's sage advice from peppering the White House? Well Rosemary, thankfully there's thyme time.

Rod Parsley, John McCain's 'Spiritual Guide' [PFAW - Right Wing Watch]

Oh groan.

But with any luck we'll be homeward bound and feelin' groovy instead.

Posted by: dave b. | Mar 7, 2008 9:53:10 AM

;-) Well even if McCain gets in, I, being the rock that I am, will have my books and my poetry to protect me. I'll be shielded in my armor, hiding in my room, safe within my womb. I'll touch no-one and no-one will touch me.

Posted by: G-A-Y | Mar 7, 2008 9:56:26 AM

And an island never cries.

You're amazing, Jeremy - you get a star for the week!

Posted by: dave b. | Mar 7, 2008 10:05:51 AM

scary but funny in a perverse way. loved the waggy waggy of the finger. I bet he likes a blow job every now and then, perhaps even giving one.

Posted by: albert ross | Mar 7, 2008 10:22:31 AM

I didn't realize how big this Rod Parsely guy had become. I remember watching him before going to work. Only public access shows were on and this guy was *so* over-the-top that it was comedic. It was akin to watching an SNL skit of someone playing a preacher.

The best scenes were when right before breaks. They would show his staff dumping bags of checks on a table and the Rev. Rod "praying over them" so that the "harvest" his members gave to him would be returned to them sevenfold. -- Talk about "moneychangers in the temple." Sheesh.

On one hand I felt bad for the people from whom he was taking money. On the other hand, if they sent money after watching him pray over bags of checks, I felt that they fell safely into the "a fool and his money are soon parted" category.

Posted by: Ed | Mar 7, 2008 12:18:09 PM

BTW Jeremy I love the site. Thank you for all that you do keeping your eyes on these loons.

Posted by: Ed | Mar 7, 2008 12:21:00 PM

"What if they change their minds the next night?"

That probably means they're bi, and they need to be protected by hate crimes legislation. Of course, many of us will never change our minds (you really need to ignore that stuff we tried in high school).

Posted by: Mike in the Tndra | Mar 7, 2008 12:30:10 PM

I hope the Democratic Party uses these recent developments about McCain to make him irrelevant in New York, California, Washington and New Jersey.

Rod Parsley is big in Ohio politics, and I am glad all the politicians he backed in Ohio lost badly in 2006. I hope McCain loses hardcore. Rod Parsley and John Hagee are spiritual terrorists and they are just as dangerous as Al Queda.

If I wanted these beliefs in my Republican nominee I would of voted for Huckabee last month in California.

Posted by: Matt from California | Mar 7, 2008 10:32:37 PM