FOF's new logo: Open for interpretation
The extremely gay-unfriendly folks at Focus on the Family have debuted a brand new logo:
And to be honest, we find the image a little bizarre. For while the Dobsonites clearly mean for it to represent a child with his mother and father, we see several other options that can easily be gleaned from the sketch. Like, maybe:
- A butch and femme lesbian couple with their child
- A gay male couple, one with broad arms and one with more diminutive features, on a walk with their kid
- A child whose parents are divorcing and fighting over which way the child is going to go
- A family standing hand-in-hand on a protest line, chanting freedom songs in protest of FOF's constant push for inequalities
- A demented child who's just ripped his parents' limps off their bodies and is now holding the detached arms up as a sign of his victory (and/or as a warning to others)
- A child being forcibly pulled into "ex-gay" therapy against his will
- A map of a trio of ancient islands that, according to legend, used to exist off the coast of Australia:
Ya see, it's just not so straight(or queer)forward. The possibilities are as limitless as Focus on the Family's capacity for marginalizing gays, liberals, and atheists!
**UPDATE: A reader has made us aware of a very similar graphic that's being used by a pro-gay apparel site:
I look at that logo and see a probably 3.5 foot tall male child who has no neck. That probably means that the child is somewhat obese. Maybe they should FOF to stand for one of the following:
Focus On Fat
Family Obesity Focus
Fight Obesity First
Fat On Fat
Posted by: Dick Mills | May 1, 2008 3:15:29 PM
After seeing how much fun you had playing around with the new logo I was inspired to do the same.
Posted by: Peter | May 1, 2008 3:48:34 PM
Actually, I see an open lion's mouth holding the boy's head from above (the negative space image.) See it? An apt metaphor for a this aggressive, hate-mongering organization.
Posted by: Kevin | May 1, 2008 3:56:41 PM
My husband and I bought a very similarly designed bib from a company called Pride Families. It features 2 men with a child and the slogan "I Love My Daddies". There's also one for two moms. It's a much more appropriate use of the design. http://www.cafepress.com/pridefamilies/2853776
Posted by: Max | May 1, 2008 5:16:52 PM
I see Hervé Villechaize (Tattoo on Fantasy Island) at the peak of his popularity, shaking hands with fans.
Posted by: Matt | May 1, 2008 6:51:44 PM
It's wired how much it is like the I love my daddies tee, I reckon their artist is probably LBGT. :)
Posted by: Corvidae | May 1, 2008 8:10:22 PM
brilliant. i never would have noticed that. forgive them (if you can) those idiots know not what they do.
Posted by: nic | May 2, 2008 8:01:23 AM
your sick !!
Posted by: | May 3, 2008 2:48:47 PM
What about my sick, anon?
Posted by: G-A-Y | May 3, 2008 3:06:56 PM
FOF= Foes of Fun.
I didn't come up with it, one of my godless liberal friends suggested it to me. :)
Posted by: Ravvie | May 29, 2008 12:50:30 PMcomments powered by Disqus