RECENT  POSTS:  » Jodie Foster in 2013: 'I am'; Jodie Foster in 2014: 'I do' » AFA promotes its new app in only way it knows how » Robert Oscar Lopez says I perform 'psychological operations routine' on him when I quote his own words from his own web site » Matt Barber's ever-classy site suggests gay people are literally crushing fellow humans » Bryan Fischer is on to our comic book villain–in-chief » Southern Baptist Theological Seminary's Al Mohler 'can't give' us acceptance; good thing we're not asking » NOM fails to trip up Oregon marriage case » Audio: Tony Perkins equates opposing equality with opposing Nazis » 'WaPo' conservative columnist: 'Strident' marriage equality opponents have lost » If you feel like you hear about another marriage case every day, here's why

05/27/2008

Harvey's war on fairness now targeting 'fair use'

The good boys at Box Turtle Bulletin have been contacted by rabid anti-gay activist Linda Harvey, who has demanded that they remove a photo they were using to highlight a post. Linda even emphasized her point by saying BTB has to remove the photograph "NOW!"

What do we say to that? Well, we say....

200805271855

200805281022

...you're a public figure who has willingly put your promotional pics on the Internet, Ms. Harvey. A non-reproducable thumbnail image for the purposes of commentary is well within the realm of acceptability. Now please, stop troubling the BTB boys with such frivolity; they have a "culture war" to help put to rest!

Linda Harvey Thinks We’re AWFUL [BoxTurtleBulletin]

**If you'd like to contact us Ms. Harvey, we can be reached at [email protected]. If you'd like a picture for highlighting this writer's post about you, you can find one here or here or here or here.

The woman is going to find her picture all over the internet. I wouldn't be surprised to find it in the advertising for a drag show.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | May 27, 2008 7:27:00 PM

You're right that she has opened herself up, Mike. However, I have to split hairs and say that if her pic was used to advertise something like a drag show, then she'd have much more of a case.

Posted by: G-A-Y | May 27, 2008 7:29:20 PM

I knew it! Couldn't wait to 'turn the page.' Probably could post a nice row down the side of the page for a while. Maybe with the blinking bigot sign like SKern has on PHB.

Posted by: LOrion | May 27, 2008 7:30:31 PM

OOOO! He invited her to comment on his 'distortions.' ... anytime. This I would like to hear.

Posted by: LOrion | May 27, 2008 7:33:06 PM

Is she an RG (real-girl)? Maybe she just needs to work on her posture, or get some implants.

Posted by: Dick Mills | May 27, 2008 8:18:04 PM

She's probably sore because her "good bra" was dirty that day, thus resulting in...well, you see.

That said, The Jeremy is cute! I did not know The Jeremy was cute!

AND smart and politically involved. It's good to know there are other people like me in the world.

Har har.

Posted by: Evan | May 27, 2008 8:27:25 PM

I borrowed your happy tiled picture for my own blog.

She. Asked. For. It.

Posted by: Evan | May 27, 2008 8:38:24 PM

I just taped it to the wall of the men's restroom -- with her email address. I hope you're free this Friday, Linda!!

Posted by: David | May 27, 2008 8:43:33 PM

Posted by: Dick Mills | May 27, 2008 9:50:44 PM

I posted a pic on my own website about this woman, she will become just as popular as lol cats. If she spent time policing her image across the internets maybe she would have less time on her jihad against homosexuality.

Posted by: Matt from California | May 27, 2008 11:33:10 PM

"David, maybe you should have someone tack it up in the ladies room as well??? Ms. Harvey might swing both ways??"

Isn't that ALWAYS the case for those who can't shut up about homosex?

LOL @ David, fucking hilarious!

Posted by: Scott | May 27, 2008 11:37:38 PM

David, I think that might have been crossing a dangerous line.

Posted by: Alex | May 28, 2008 12:10:04 AM

Jeremy, confess. The real reason you created this post so you could put your cute mug on the web, right?

Posted by: Jody | May 28, 2008 12:31:03 AM

The Anita Bryant likeness is uncanny.

Posted by: zortnac | May 28, 2008 3:36:48 AM

Jody: You got me! Shameless self-promoter, I am. ;-)

Though I really don't have to, as my pics are already easily Googleable. Because unlike MS. Harvey, I realize that my promotional pics are quite suitable for others to use in highlighting their commentaries about me/G-A-Y. That is, after all, why one tends to release such images.

Posted by: G-A-Y | May 28, 2008 7:05:42 AM

lolindas! freakin' awesome!!!

Posted by: vitaminC | May 28, 2008 11:46:46 AM

Oh, Jeremy, I do love the new pictures.

Now make one of those pretty composite pictures like the Nation did where the faces of the thousands of dead soldiers came together to form a likeness.

A thousand Lindas can equal one dildo with the right tenacity and artistic vision.

Posted by: Evan | May 28, 2008 11:53:15 AM

Er, the Nation's composite formed a likeness of George Bush. I must have seen something shiny while I was typing.

Possibly, I was still recoiling from the Today Show's transition from "Was the media complicit in selling the Iraq war?" to "Wedding dresses for dogs!"

Posted by: Evan | May 28, 2008 11:58:01 AM

Linda is a cum gurgling whore.

Posted by: brian | May 28, 2008 12:48:19 PM

Fuck her! Did you hear me, Linda Harvey? FUCK YOU!!!

Posted by: Stephen | May 28, 2008 3:35:27 PM

Linda Harvey is a disturbed woman no doubt but is it really necessary to resort to asinine comments like brian's and Stephens? Seems to me that nonsense like that simply proves the Harvey's of the world right. gay does not equal crude and uncivilized.

Posted by: Dave | May 28, 2008 6:37:37 PM

Brilliant use of a photo.

Posted by: stojef | May 28, 2008 6:55:02 PM

Another really fun game would be to take a larger photo of Linda and create a game where we could "dress" Linda like a pretty, pretty princess, you know, with sequins and tiaras, and maybe antlers.

Have you considered Linda with antlers?

Posted by: Evan | May 28, 2008 8:15:53 PM