RECENT  POSTS:  » Lisa Kudrow thinks my website title is modest, at best » Do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded mission of destruction? » MassResistance's hilarious fourteen-point plan for reinstating marriage discrimination: Get really, really nasty » Concerned Women For America finally learns to call out anti-gay rhetoric » 'Rivka Edelman' responds to me via one of the most bizarre comments I've ever read » Just going to another vendor isn't always easy, isn't good basis for sound policy » Pat Robertson: People who believe in fair nondiscrimination law are 'terrorists, radicals, and extremists' » In which another anti-gay group forces politicos to Gladys Kravitz our way into one family's divorce drama » In 2008, the AFA was the same on LGBT rights as President Obama; and I was a flying unicorn » The Hitching Post plot thickens in a truly remarkable way

05/23/2008

Reminder: Never hire a CWA staffer to tutor us for the bar

Picture 35-4The following faith-based, uncredible information is all posted over on the Concerned Women For America's website under a banner reading "Legal Studies":

Radical homosexual activists want you to believe that they, too, are "born that way." The reality is otherwise.

Every person freed from his homosexuality is a testimony of that reality. Ministries such as P-FOX and Exodus International and others regularly help people trapped in the homosexual lifestyle find freedom in Jesus Christ. Jesus has come to forgive and to redeem men and women from their sins and the sinful choices that they make, including homosexuality, racism, adultery - and even the "little white lies" that tempt us so often.

Tragically, the homosexual activists reject this reality. They insist against all the evidence that homosexuals are "born that way." And, they think nothing of discriminating against people who disagree.
...
Daily, thousands of homosexuals make a life decision to leave the gay lifestyle evidenced by the growing population of PFOX (Parents and Friends of Ex Gays) and Exodus International just to name a few." [Crystal] Dixon, like Mildred Loving, simply wants a little justice. She was born black just as you and I are born into whatever ethnic group or ancestry we enjoy. But no one is "born" a homosexual. Homosexuality is a temptation and, as with any temptation, to pursue it to its end is ultimately a decision to engage in activities that are unpleasing to God, harmful to the individuals and can be detrimental to others.

But budding law students, don't be scared if none of these teachings are found in your credible textbooks, as most who are schooled in such topics tend to prefer teaching fact as opposed to scientifically-snubbed dogma.

The only true "legal study" here? Whether or not the concept of actuality can sue CWA for libel!

How Have Marriage Battles Changed? [CWA]

I know that this is an issue that we have raised in the past, to no avail, but where are these "thousands" of people they refer to? Most of my friends who don't keep up with this stuff like I do don't even know about the ex-gay stuff. If there were "thousands" wouldn't there be more visibility? Or are they doing what it seems they are WAY to comfortable doing, falsifying info again

P.S. forgive typos, I just finished finals and moving out of my dorm, I still have anthropological theories running around in my head, little room there for the correct spelling and grammar needed.

Posted by: Piper | May 23, 2008 5:30:32 PM

thousands? Its a lot less. 100s at best. Even then they still have feelings for the same sex.

Posted by: IanC | May 23, 2008 5:58:40 PM

I really don't see what groups like the CWA, FOF etc. are so concerned about us wanting demanding our civil rights of equal protection, legal marriage etc., when if according to them "Daily, thousands of homosexuals make a life decision to leave the gay lifestyle..."

If they are correct in their statistics, (and why wouldn't they be if GOD is on their side), then in a few years none of us would be left! After all we only make up a very small percentage of the population, we can't "pro-create" and thousands of us are leaving the lifestyle anyway....

So I say, the should save their money and just wait a few more years and we'll be gone....

...That is unless our recruiting efforts in grade schools, high schools etc aren't successful....

Posted by: Kevin | May 23, 2008 6:08:10 PM

Looks like CWFA is drowning in those so-called "little white lies" they mentioned:

"Daily, thousands of homosexuals make a life decision to leave the gay lifestyle evidenced by the growing population of PFOX (Parents and Friends of Ex Gays) and Exodus International just to name a few."

OK, so the "ex-gays" parrot the tired line that "I've met THOUSANDS of people who've left homosexuality" - and now their buddies are claiming thousands a day are leaving.

So which one is it? These guys can't keep their LIES straight, much less their own sexuality.

And lest we forget, PFOX is a lunatic colony, piggybacking off of Exodus International's charlatans. They really have nothing to do with the "ex-gay movement", other than wanting a piece of the $$$ pie. Regina Griggs and company "loves homosexuals" about as much as I love Kevin Federline's "rapping" "talent".

Posted by: Scott | May 23, 2008 6:17:05 PM

Yes, of all of their spurious claims, the figures they quote for "ex-gays" just might be the most fraudulent. Because it's one of those things that nobody can prove for sure, they just say whatever the hell they want.

Posted by: G-A-Y | May 23, 2008 6:18:43 PM

Did they even pause to do the math?

"Thousands daily?"

Let's be as conservative as we can here and assume that "thousands" means the least it possibly could, say, 2000. 2000 successful out-patients from ex-gay programs daily means 728,000 per year, with one day off for Christmas (remember the reason for the season!). Ok, that's being unfair of me...we'll stick to just weekdays (I'm sure the ex-gay ministries are unionized), and so that's 520,000 per year.

Quick side note: the Jones and Yarhouse study could only find 100 participants for their ex-gay study. Funny, that.

The US population over the age of 18 is roughly 225 million. Now, we all know that socially conservative groups like to give the smallest numbers they can when estimating the percentage of the population identifying as gay, like, 1-2%, but still, let's help them out and say 4%, which of 225 million is 9 million.

So of a current estimated (estimated in their favor) 9 million self-identifying homosexuals, they claim that 520 thousand of them become ex-gay *ever year?!*

Hyperbole and math don't mix, no matter how much you think Jesus is on your side, CWFA.

Posted by: zortnac | May 23, 2008 6:57:44 PM

Lets do a little math here because I finally think I figured out the anti gay agenda.

According to 2006 statistics on the US Census Bureau Website, there are 299,398,485 people in the US.

79.7% or 258,620,592 are 15 years or older so we'll work with that number assuming some people don't know they are gay pre-puberty (even though I did).

Assuming the population is 3% gay (a number the CWA could probably live with and an estimate I) then there are 7,158,618 gay people in the US.

I have heard the line that thousands of gay people leave the gay lifestyle way too many times. I don't know how many "thousands" are but we'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say 2,000 per day.

I'm not taking into account the increase in gay people because of our practice of recruiting innocent children or the decrease in gay people who didn't have a chance to become straight due to their well deserved death and judgement by the CWA's loving God. I'm just going to assume that those numbers will cancel each other out. Its good enough to illustrate my point.

Getting back to the math, if there are 7,158,618 gay people today and 2,000 a day become straight, that means that in 3,579 days or slightly under 10 years, we'll all be gone! In fact we should be gone much sooner than that because we've been turning straight at the rate of thousands per day for several years now.

Keep the faith CWA. It won't be long and we'll all be outa here. Maybe you should share this with the ruler of Gambia. Your method of getting rid of us is not nearly as messy.

Posted by: Steve - Geneva, IL | May 23, 2008 7:14:03 PM

No wonder i left the church as a youth and became an atheist. Sorry Jesus, but i stoped asking you if its allright to forgivemyself for who i am a long time ago.

Posted by: Patrick B | May 23, 2008 8:00:33 PM

If there is any truthiness to their number, it is probably the same 2,000 horribly deluded souls coming back every day because the brainwashing didn't stick and they need more "therapy" that won't work again . . . and again.

The revolving door is probably good for book sales and one-on-one coaching sessions for a nominal donation and weekly stays at indoctrination camps for a fee. In other words, beneficial to the bottom line.

Posted by: Dick Mills | May 23, 2008 9:19:07 PM

"Daily, thousands of homosexuals make a life decision to leave the gay lifestyle"

I have to call bullshit on this one. I love all the math that was posted. You guys really took this seriously. On the other hand, I just used my sense of sight to invalidate the CWA's statistics. They haven't made a dent in the gay population of the Twin Cities. All you have to do is visit the bars, clubs, coffee houses, and gay accepting churches, and you will see the evidence that we have not been decimated by the ex-gay movement.

I'm totally convinced that the guys that insist that no one is born gay were actually born gay themselves. They know that they are attracted to guys, but they have deluded themselves into thinking that if they "act straight", they are straight. I'm pretty certain that I could "act straight", and in high school I found out that I could have sex with a woman. However, I know that's not for me, and the guy snoring in the bedroom is my past, present, and future. I think we should really feel sorry for a lot of the guys who try to be something they're not. Their lives must feel so empty. I just wish that they wouldn't try to force their ideas on young men and women who are still uncertain of themselves.

I'm sorry if I rattled on. It's late, and I'm avoiding the project on which I should be working.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | May 24, 2008 4:45:55 AM

Can I just say I adore this place and the people who comment here?

I didn't leave a comment with my own mathematical equations, but i sent the post to my friend Joey along with said equations.

Then I opened up the comments section and started giggling when I realized that I wasn't the only one to pull out a calculator.

Haha.

Posted by: Evan | May 24, 2008 5:15:41 AM

Oh, and Patrick:

CWA does not represent Jesus in any way, shape, or form.

The Gospels are chock-full of episodes where Jesus called out the "Concerned Women" and "Americans for Truth" of his day...they were called "Pharisees."

Anyway.

Posted by: Evan | May 24, 2008 5:18:59 AM

The crack legal research staff at CWA also made a serious error in invoking the memory of Mildred Loving to support their case against equal marriage rights for gay people. Clicking through the link you will see that CWA claims: "[Radical homosexual activists] are abusing the memory of people like Mildred Loving who has said that she never wanted to be a hero, she just wanted to get married but was not allowed to do so because she was born black."

The truth is, Mildred Loving herself issued a public statement in support of equal marriage for gay couples on June 12, 2007. It was the 40th anniversary of the Supreme Court decision bearing her name, Loving v. Virginia, which declared laws prohibiting interracial marriage to be unconstitutional.
Mrs. Loving's statement read, in part:

"God's Plan?
My generation was bitterly divided over something that should have been so clear and right. The majority believed ... that it was God's plan to keep people apart, and that government should discriminate against people in love. But I have lived long enough now to see big changes. The older generation's fears and prejudices have given way, and today's young people realize that if someone loves someone they have a right to marry."

Mrs. Loving concluded her statement by saying:
"I am still not a political person, but I am proud that Richard's and my name is on a court case that can help reinforce the love, the commitment, the fairness, and the family that so many people, black or white, young or old, gay or straight seek in life. I support the freedom to marry for all. That's what Loving, and loving, are all about."

Posted by: a law student from the south | May 24, 2008 5:48:54 AM

I think the summer interns from Patrick Henry College are now considered "staff" by CWA. Either that or the ghost-writer from the Witherspoon Fellowship that pens Tony Perkins daily drivel went over to the CWA headquarters to give a lesson in writing and this is what they came up with.

Posted by: Jon-Marc | May 24, 2008 8:33:23 AM

fr the article:

>...[Crystal] Dixon, like Mildred Loving, simply wants a little justice. She was born black just as you and I are born into whatever ethnic group or ancestry we enjoy...<

"cwa" never fails to appall me in their utter lies about GLBT's. One would think their boiler-room "lawyers" would actually look up FACTS first.

Posted by: Gretchen | May 26, 2008 12:31:57 AM

CWFA has their facts twisted from the get go. There's no women - it's just homosex-obsessed men (like Matt Barber), representing nutty bitches sitting on their fat asses, scarfing down chocolate and watching 'Desperate Housewives'.

Posted by: Scott | May 27, 2008 6:28:16 AM