RECENT  POSTS:  » Video: AFA's Fischer urges FLOTUS to fight obesity by fighting lesbians' sexual orientation » Um, but he lost to another pro-equality candidate, Tony » Video: Man misapplies personal trauma to sexual orientation science » WND's editor fundamentally misunderstands nondiscrimination law (part 3 of 3) » Video: Why is this shockingly anti-gay (among other things) speech happening in a Connecticut public school? » Fined NY event space to host same-sex wedding receptions (*but no ceremonies for anyone) » Another day, another far-right pastor pushing Christians to civil war » Joseph Farah still clueless about nondiscrimination law » Hobby Lobby president to join extremely anti-gay activists at 'Star Spangled' event » FRC's Sprigg admits his side put up 'weak defense' in 7th Circuit

06/28/2008

Shameless vote gathering

I, Jeremy, am delighted to learn that I've been nominated for the Brave Nation Young Activist Award (a project of the Brave New Foundation, The Nation, and Rock The Vote). If you feel like my irreverent yet unapologetic take on this whole gay vs. anti-gay "culture war" is worthy of your love, then I ask you to head over to the voting site and cast your ballot for "Hooper":

Picture 1-177
(click to vote)

As cliché as it may sound, it really is a great honor to be recognized. Also, the closer I get to the big 3-0, the more reassuring it's becoming to be called "young." So yea, this is a pretty cool deal. In fact, it's almost more exciting than when I was nominated the song leader of my fourth grade 4-H club. Almost.*

Vote For the Brace Nation Young Activist Award [This Brave Nation]

*What can I say? I'm a sucker for teaching atonal eight-year-olds how to sing "Mary Had a Little Lesbian" in rounds!

You got my vote.

Good luck.

Posted by: Morry Campbell | Jun 28, 2008 7:50:10 AM

You got my vote buddy.

As for approaching 3-0, the best comes after that milestone. Enjoy the ride and have a super great weekend.

Happy Pride to you and yours from me and mine.
Cheers!

Posted by: johnozed | Jun 28, 2008 9:44:14 AM

You got mine too, from tiny Switzerland! ;*

Posted by: Andy | Jun 28, 2008 10:01:53 AM

You're great Jeremy. I've read your blog since the ADVOCATE feature. "I love you" ..... in a fraternal way! Hugs from Syracuse.

Posted by: DAN_MAC | Jun 28, 2008 11:11:38 AM

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Fraternal (and/or sororal) love right back atcha!

Posted by: G-A-Y | Jun 28, 2008 11:51:05 AM

Thanx. Forgot to say that because of your attitude transferring to me, my b/f and I could walk in the Syr Pride parade holding hands & blowing kisses to our loud-mouthed tormentors.

Posted by: DAN_MAC | Jun 28, 2008 4:29:56 PM

Just wanted to say I voted for you. I love this blog!

Posted by: Jake | Jun 28, 2008 4:48:15 PM

Hi Jeremy, I put up a post on my page in support of you. Congratulations on your nomination! I hope you get thousands of votes. http://dhconcerts.wordpress.com/2008/06/28/this-brave-nation/

Posted by: deb | Jun 29, 2008 12:44:27 AM

Count me in! I love how you got 'first billing' ... and they aren't alphabetical!

Of course you always have it with us!

Posted by: LOrion | Jun 30, 2008 3:14:59 PM

Okay here is your test, take it away healine writer. This is lead in PHB thread... and I was drinking tea when I 'heard' your headline in mind.

There's an excellent article by Patrick Range McDonald on LA Weekly's LA Daily Blog,

"Queer Town: McCain Plays Small Ball in California."

....here's my go...UHHH Can he play anything else?

Posted by: LOrion | Jun 30, 2008 3:39:57 PM

I've been an avid reader since I saw you on In The Life. And even though I think that just being nominated for this award is FABULOUS, I voted for you! Best of luck.

Posted by: Robin Reardon | Jul 1, 2008 12:09:39 AM