RECENT  POSTS:  » Video: Gee, with compelling videos like this one, I just can't imagine why the anti-gay right is losing in court » #TBT: Even after legal equality, Americans—and particularly religious Americans—struggle to accept certain marriages » Indiana threatens its commerce, tourism dollars, reputation, general welfare of its citizenry » Video: AFA prez expounds on organization's movement-destructive ad by adding even more religious fervor » NOM resorts to blatant lying in its 2015 #March4Marriage materials » NOM coalition partner: America will fall unless you March For Marriage » AFA helps SCOTUS see that opposition to *civil* marriage equality is all about religious fervor » Video: Did this Texas 'biblical marriage' rally assemble least diverse crowd in recorded human history? » About those children of fractured families who keep blaming same-sex parenting for their issues... » Ha! NOM uses ad for a desk to represent president's real office

06/28/2008

Shameless vote gathering

I, Jeremy, am delighted to learn that I've been nominated for the Brave Nation Young Activist Award (a project of the Brave New Foundation, The Nation, and Rock The Vote). If you feel like my irreverent yet unapologetic take on this whole gay vs. anti-gay "culture war" is worthy of your love, then I ask you to head over to the voting site and cast your ballot for "Hooper":

Picture 1-177
(click to vote)

As cliché as it may sound, it really is a great honor to be recognized. Also, the closer I get to the big 3-0, the more reassuring it's becoming to be called "young." So yea, this is a pretty cool deal. In fact, it's almost more exciting than when I was nominated the song leader of my fourth grade 4-H club. Almost.*

Vote For the Brace Nation Young Activist Award [This Brave Nation]

*What can I say? I'm a sucker for teaching atonal eight-year-olds how to sing "Mary Had a Little Lesbian" in rounds!

You got my vote.

Good luck.

Posted by: Morry Campbell | Jun 28, 2008 7:50:10 AM

You got my vote buddy.

As for approaching 3-0, the best comes after that milestone. Enjoy the ride and have a super great weekend.

Happy Pride to you and yours from me and mine.
Cheers!

Posted by: johnozed | Jun 28, 2008 9:44:14 AM

You got mine too, from tiny Switzerland! ;*

Posted by: Andy | Jun 28, 2008 10:01:53 AM

You're great Jeremy. I've read your blog since the ADVOCATE feature. "I love you" ..... in a fraternal way! Hugs from Syracuse.

Posted by: DAN_MAC | Jun 28, 2008 11:11:38 AM

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Fraternal (and/or sororal) love right back atcha!

Posted by: G-A-Y | Jun 28, 2008 11:51:05 AM

Thanx. Forgot to say that because of your attitude transferring to me, my b/f and I could walk in the Syr Pride parade holding hands & blowing kisses to our loud-mouthed tormentors.

Posted by: DAN_MAC | Jun 28, 2008 4:29:56 PM

Just wanted to say I voted for you. I love this blog!

Posted by: Jake | Jun 28, 2008 4:48:15 PM

Hi Jeremy, I put up a post on my page in support of you. Congratulations on your nomination! I hope you get thousands of votes. http://dhconcerts.wordpress.com/2008/06/28/this-brave-nation/

Posted by: deb | Jun 29, 2008 12:44:27 AM

Count me in! I love how you got 'first billing' ... and they aren't alphabetical!

Of course you always have it with us!

Posted by: LOrion | Jun 30, 2008 3:14:59 PM

Okay here is your test, take it away healine writer. This is lead in PHB thread... and I was drinking tea when I 'heard' your headline in mind.

There's an excellent article by Patrick Range McDonald on LA Weekly's LA Daily Blog,

"Queer Town: McCain Plays Small Ball in California."

....here's my go...UHHH Can he play anything else?

Posted by: LOrion | Jun 30, 2008 3:39:57 PM

I've been an avid reader since I saw you on In The Life. And even though I think that just being nominated for this award is FABULOUS, I voted for you! Best of luck.

Posted by: Robin Reardon | Jul 1, 2008 12:09:39 AM