RECENT  POSTS:  » Audio: Bored on an apparently too factual weekday, Richard Land pushes 'gays are sexually abused' lie » It seems when you equate gay folk with those who sleep with animals, it sticks; funny how that works » Video: A new low for Robert Oscar Lopez; anti-gay 'bisexual' peddles offensive claims on Bryan Fischer's show » Southern Baptist's ERLC dedicating national conference to gay people, discrimination; better luck next year, homeless » Photo: NOM thinks its discriminatory cause is young and hip; adorable » An inside look at POTUS's evolution circa 2011–2012 » More animus from Texas' key 'protect marriage' guy » GLAAD: Why would we silence unwittingly helpful voices like yours, Peter LaBarbera? » Photo: NOM fully (and finally) owning its wholly faith-driven root » Our winning movement wins another one: Judge says Ohio must recognize out-of-state marriages

06/03/2008

Video: 'Old McBiased had a farm, anti-G-A-Y'

In his write-up of the following video, Americans For Truth's Peter LaBarbera says that "there’s more common sense and wisdom in this three-minute video by country Gospel singers and songwriters Lewis and Lewis than in a thousand court briefings by Lambda Legal." Proving that "truth" is not the only word in the English dictionary for which Pete needs to learn the accurate definition:

Because seriously, if the simplistic ideas that (a) gay animals are non-existent, (b) gay couples should be banned from marriage since their unions will not produce offspring without outside assistance, and (c) the legal recognition of the same-sex couples who already exist will somehow threaten our overpopulated world constitute "common sense" and "wisdom" in Pete's mind, then he must also think that those terms both mean "aggressively ignorant, short-sighted, overtly offensive, unsound, unreasoned points that put faith-based rhetoric above actual fact."

However, there are two positives to this vid. (1) The song is totally catchy and gets stuck in your head. (2) The logic is so mindless, one is able to completely remove their brain during viewing so as to make room for the trapped song.

VIDEO: Some Common Sense on ‘Gay Marriage’ from Down on the Farm [AFT]

Not only that, but this?
"And don’t forget these three words if you are tempted to allow American judges to decide your morality: Roe versus Wade." LGBT and Women have to get it together and fight these schmucks (and that's putting it way too nicely)
Armenians For Truth will decide your morality, NOT judges. Luckily I am at work and can't watch the video and by the time I get home I will have forgotten all about it.

Posted by: johnozed | Jun 3, 2008 9:40:35 AM

I showed my partner/fiancee (we are moving from Kentucky to California and will be married Labor Day) this video and she thought it was a joke.

I live on a farm, I work in a barn, and same-sex sexual behavior happens all the time in animals. Hell, every pig book ever will tell you that one of the ways that you can tell your sow is that she will start mounting other sows. Not to mention, I would really hate to live in a country where my civil rights were based on the lives of farm animals.

Posted by: Kim | Jun 3, 2008 10:40:30 AM

That was just pure evil in so many ways. . .dammit now I can't get that song out of my head . .blech.

Curses.

Posted by: gary | Jun 3, 2008 10:45:07 AM

That was supposed to be "your sow is in heat"

Sorry

Posted by: Kim | Jun 3, 2008 10:46:07 AM

This is too funny to be serious! And I had to laugh again when he 'sang' about how it takes a male and a female to make a stallion. Why is it that most horses these days are created by artificial insemination???

Posted by: kevin | Jun 3, 2008 11:08:24 AM

Well Kevin, as a staunch vegetarian who's deeply concerned with animal welfare, I would certainly like to have a conversation about the extremely unnatural horrors that plague much of modern factory farming!

Posted by: G-A-Y | Jun 3, 2008 11:12:53 AM

You'd be hard pressed to find a horse farm that qualified as a modern factory farm.

Most quality horses (with the major exception of Throughbreds, a breed in which artificial insemination is prohibited) are produced with artificial insemination largely because it is more expensive to ship horses than it is to ship horse semen.

Posted by: Kim | Jun 3, 2008 1:06:38 PM

There are a lot of old codgers whose plumbing is too rusted and/or decrepit to "make a single goose" but nothing keeps them from getting hitched. Or, for that matter, from making fools of themselves by singin' stupid songs together.

Posted by: Dick Mills | Jun 3, 2008 1:23:45 PM

Yeah, Kim, and I would probably show up at the Lewis & Lewis farm on the day that he was giving the horse a handjob to get the semen! I'd like to hear the song about that! Wait . . . that didn't come out right . . . did it?

Posted by: Dick Mills | Jun 3, 2008 2:01:44 PM

Kim: I wasn't speaking specifically to horses -- just farming in general. If we want to have a conversation about "unnatural" practices involving animals, many can be found in modern factory farming.

Posted by: G-A-Y | Jun 3, 2008 2:05:10 PM

Yeah, Dick, I can just imagine "horse semen" coming out of someone's mouth on that American Idol audition...

Posted by: Emproph | Jun 3, 2008 3:42:13 PM

For two people obsessed with reproduction, I don't see any babies or children in this video?

If their objection stems from gay couples not making babies....uh, they'd have to object to themselves first.

I will never understand how or why male + female = baby is not just a suggestion, not just an observation, but a command, and why so many barren and childless straight people(some of them couples!) go unnoticed.

Every objection they have to us has to be qualified with a loophole for themselves.

Posted by: Jason D | Jun 3, 2008 10:52:52 PM

So who was the tranny singing with him in the video?

Posted by: Chad Johnson | Jun 9, 2008 6:06:37 PM