Crouse: Who makes her grouse?
Janice Shaw Crouse at the Concerned Women For America has broken down Barack and John's stances on same-sex marriage, at least in the way that she perceives them through her anti-gay nuptials lens. Check it out:
Helpful. But even more helpful are the bullet points that we, in an exclusive to G-A-Y, have learned were left off of Crouse's silly chart:
- Once wore pink, but only on a dare
- In 2003, bought an end table from West Elm after seeing it on "Queer Eye For The Straight Guy." Yet swears he did so only so that it could get a plain view of what a REAL marriage bed looks like.
- Always told his boyhood friend that being homosexual is not the best course. Though it is unclear how Benjamin Franklin reacted to the conversation.
- Claims to always add a "but only in a macho, platonic way" caveat when he sings the "you can hang out with all the boys" line of "Y.M.C.A"
- Won't use a federal marriage ban against gays. In fact, won't even wear Ban deodorant when in DC.
- Rumored to enjoy Kathy Griffin
- Has all sorts of newfangled ideas about gays being people. Doesn't even seem open to the possibility that maybe they are immoral hellbeasts.
- Did well in science class. Seems unwilling to believe that medically unsound, scientifically baseless ideas like the "ex-gay" movement are worthy of embrace. Clearly this makes him an arrogant liberal elitist.
But how about this. It was written to help a gal with an immature boss but I think its pretty generally specific like this.
Believe it or not, adult maturity has nothing to do with age. Some people just grow old but no up. People who study adult development have created different models that describe what it means to grow up. Here are some of those qualitite.
MATURITY: (DEMOCRAT, Environmentalist, Religiously Tolerant, Non-Bigoted)
Can tolerate feeling two different ways about the same issue.
Thinks about long-term consequences.
Has the ability to control immediate impulses.
Has empathy for other.
Sees that others need to win for him/her to win.
Looks at the big picture, not just the immediate problem.
IMMATURITY: (REPUBLICAN, Creationist, Christian Zealot, Bigoted.)
Can only feel one way about an issue
Think in terms of black and white,not gray.
Act out thoughts and feelings immediately.
Only thinks about the short term.
Can only see their point of view.
Believe he/she can win without benefitting others..
People who are less mature are not less smart, they are simply less developed in their ability to think and feel than wiser adults. When you communicate with someone who is less mature than you, they'll not understand you.
Posted by: LOrion | Jul 7, 2008 7:39:35 PM
Holy flashback, I don't think I've seen or heard the word "grouse" since "Oliver!"
Posted by: zortnac | Jul 7, 2008 7:58:26 PM
So, in the McCain Column, Crouse says:
Yes, Prohibit SSM
then the very next line says:
Ban on SSM is unRepublican
How do you reconcile those two very different (opposite - flip-floppy - wishy-washy) assertions. Prohibition of SSM is ok, we just can't BAN SSM????
Except that she does use some fairly tricky (unethically deceptive) wording where she puts "BAN ON SSM" at the front of the bullet point to give it more emphasis, and then "SSM IS UNREPUBLICAN" at the end.
Most people are probably not so easily tricked, unless they are already predisposed toward that bias and/or they are not too quick on the uptake. Of course, anyone who has read many of my posts, probably knows what I think of the mental prowess of those on that side of the argument. So, her deceptive trickmongery probably in many cases has it's desired effect.
Posted by: Dick Mills | Jul 7, 2008 9:25:54 PM
What does she mean by McCain being comfortable with a gay president?
Posted by: Chris | Jul 8, 2008 8:30:33 AM
Chris, I think it means he's not bothered by the stories about Lincoln having once shared a bed with another man when he was younger.
Posted by: Bill S | Jul 9, 2008 6:01:29 AMcomments powered by Disqus