RECENT  POSTS:  » 'Rivka Edelman' responds to me via one of the most bizarre comments I've ever read » Just going to another vendor isn't always easy, isn't good basis for sound policy » Pat Robertson: People who believe in fair nondiscrimination law are 'terrorists, radicals, and extremists' » In which another anti-gay group forces politicos to Gladys Kravitz our way into one family's divorce drama » In 2008, the AFA was the same on LGBT rights as President Obama; and I was a flying unicorn » The Hitching Post plot thickens in a truly remarkable way » On Rivka, Robert and their dirty, self-victimizing, anti-intellectual blame game » POTUS believes in fifty-state equality, happy with way it's playing out » But your subjective view of 'real' marriage is factually irrelevant, Ryan » Flip Benham (yes, their dad) reportedly protesting outside NC weddings

08/05/2008

Anti-boy/boy-cott: Best ad campaign McD's has had in years!

And now for another edition of:

200808051243

Here now, the McStats:

200808051215-1

And here is where today stands, as of 12:17PM:

Picture 7-124

::sniff, sniff:: ::sniff, sniff:: I smell either the strong stench of failure, or an increased production of french fries that's wafting over from my nearby McDonald's. Eh, well -- six of one, half a dozen of the other.

McDonald's Corp. (MCD) [Yahoo! Finance]

**Complete McDonald's Boycott Roundup [G-A-Y]

What I find so hilarious and I'm sure that this has been mentioned in previous posts is that these people, who are boycotting McDonalds, say they will go to Burger King to spend their money. What they don't seem to know is that Burger King supports the NGLCC as well. These people, I swear.

Posted by: Sam | Aug 5, 2008 1:39:08 PM

Well Sam, corporate America is completely abandoning them. Their options are getting fewer and fewer. So for these purposes, I think they are working the "McDonald's = bad" line and hoping folks won;t ask too many questions.

Posted by: G-A-Y | Aug 5, 2008 1:45:23 PM

Funny how closely the AFA tracked Ford's financial position and claimed to be the cause of the falling share prices - yet I don't hear a peep about the McDonald's situation from them. Jeremy, you are mean to point this out. I think you might hurt their feewings. :-)

Posted by: Sykler | Aug 5, 2008 2:01:17 PM

Got to love this. AFA boycotts McDonald's, and than McDonald's stock increases. We don't need stimulus checks to upstart the economy, we just need the afa to boycott companies!

Posted by: Rob | Aug 5, 2008 2:32:18 PM

NOPE, not quite HIGH enough! It closed at $62.33. .....Way better than my others ones did I should have bought when they announced the boycott!

Posted by: LOrion | Aug 5, 2008 5:45:09 PM

They have FEELINGS?

Posted by: Bill S | Aug 5, 2008 8:38:34 PM

Maybe we should go long call options on the next company that the AFA boycotts? Could be a lucrative new trading system with limited downside!

Posted by: Dick Mills | Aug 5, 2008 8:42:12 PM

Now that's an investment strategy!

Still gettin' iced coffees from McDonald's...

Posted by: GreenEyed Lilo | Aug 5, 2008 10:48:51 PM

Big deal. We all know how you gays stick together in these things. With megabucks men like Tim Gill working behind the scenes to support anything pro-gay with his money, who's to say these stock figures accurately report how the normal American public feels?
Multitudes of McDonald's owners located where those grassroots sign-waving pickets are occurring (that you detest) ARE complaining to Corporate about the disgusting manuever by Richard Ellis to insert his personal perversion into mainstream family-friendly business. He's gotta go!
May the boycott go on!

Posted by: Beef | Aug 6, 2008 11:47:52 AM

LOL! "Beef", are you seriously suggesting that moneyed gays like Tim Gill are deliberately upping the stock of a multi-billion dollar corporation?! On a daily basis?!

Posted by: G-A-Y | Aug 6, 2008 12:10:27 PM