RECENT  POSTS:  » No, you really don't seem to know what tyranny is, Jerry Cox » Vatican's #Humanum event meant to paint gay families as 'evil' and 'obscene,' admits invited guest » Read: Federal judge calls MS's marriage ban what it is: discriminatory » Yet another federal judge accurately notes crude discrimination within Arkansas' marriage ban » Prominent conservative outlet equates LGBT activists with Nazi paramilitary » New pledge: Conservative pastors choose to separate selves from civil marriage » Read: ADF creates fake 'victim' superbook; misapplies business matters to churches » P&G reaches out to pro-discrimination activist, learns it made right choice » In prep for Pope's 2015 visit, World Meeting of Families readies gay stigma, exclusion » Today in ambition: NOM cofounder vows to fight marriage equality for 100 years

08/05/2008

Audio: 'You're lucky we let him live'

This video is clearly going to be pulled within hours, if not minutes. And that being the case, there are some of you who surely think we should just ignore rather than highlight it. However, we think it's very important for people to realize just how heated anti-gay bias still is among some of American's young people. The sort of heat that literally suggests gay people should be killed:

(NSFW)

**UPDATE, 8/6: As you can see, the video has been pulled. However, for those wanting to hear it, we have obtained permission from the folks responsible to post the audio from the vid:

(If embedded audio doesn't load for you, you can listen to it here)

**After the jump: See the equally "charming" description that was running alongside the original YouTube video:

Picture 15-50

I totally agree with the video. I *do* think they're low-life douchebags.

Posted by: Christopher | Aug 5, 2008 4:25:37 PM

And since the video likely will be taken down, a quick summary of what they [it's a few likely-teenage boys] say:

Being gay is wrong. You can't have kids. But really, it's only wrong if two guys are gay. If two women are gay, that's not so bad. They'll spit on gay people's shoes and gays should have their nuts cut off because they don't use them. And they complain about Chris Crocker for a while.

That's about it.

Posted by: Christopher | Aug 5, 2008 4:35:53 PM

I think it's more fun to get their video flagged...again. :-D

Posted by: Sam | Aug 5, 2008 5:10:41 PM

...speechless...

I just don't get why it even matters.

Posted by: Fabulously in the City | Aug 5, 2008 5:19:55 PM

i flagged them and hope youtube takes appropriate action.

Posted by: a. mcewen | Aug 5, 2008 5:37:05 PM

The fact that they keep saying "what would cause...?" shows that they are talking about something they know nothing about -- other than not liking it.
My thoughts for them would be "what would cause my life to be any of your business?" "what would cause you to think it matters what you think of me?" and finally, "what would cause you to spend this much time complaining and zero time learning about gay people?"

Posted by: Jason D | Aug 5, 2008 5:53:44 PM

Posted by: G-A-Y | Aug 5, 2008 5:56:54 PM

on that note, this is the message I received from the posters of the video - "pathetic ass pussy who cant stand the fact that we're right."

Posted by: a. mcewen | Aug 5, 2008 6:00:49 PM

I am reminded forcibly of Joseph McCarthy's hysterical rantings about "Communists in our midst", only with even less maturity, if that's even possible.

Honestly, every time I grow hopeful about my generation bucking the trend of idiocy that our elders sometimes seem to have perpetuated, some little pricks my age come along to bash me for supporting gay marriage, or leave idiotic comments on pro-gay websites, or make videos such as this. It makes me ashamed to say that I am of the same species as them, let alone the same age group.

Posted by: Baldran | Aug 5, 2008 7:07:09 PM

well, it's gone now . .I flagged it as well. . .unfortunately I watched it.

Posted by: gary | Aug 5, 2008 8:26:07 PM

big surprise, as of at 7:59 CST the video is gone citing a "terms of use violation"

I did flag them and mentioned that it was calling for violence.

Posted by: Jason D | Aug 5, 2008 8:59:59 PM

Well I have a rip of the video's audio saved for posterity's sake.

Posted by: G-A-Y | Aug 5, 2008 9:03:26 PM

It's been pulled but it doesn't seem like I missed much. I'm so tired of this.

Posted by: Jen | Aug 5, 2008 10:50:04 PM

The text hadn't pulled in when I first responded. Love that they also slam women and that they can't spell faggot.

Posted by: Jen | Aug 5, 2008 10:52:50 PM

"Christopher, I think you're underselling it. There were many implied and even explicitly stated calls for elimination."

Oh, I didn't mean to understate it. I guess my lack of interest is due to the 'been there, heard that' feel of the video. It was nothing new, just common hate-filled homophobia.

I have a hard time taking anything they say seriously when they bash on Chris Crocker. Just seemed like the thousands of people who comment 'die faggit. i want to kill u' on Crocker videos. Horrible, horrible... but very common :(

Posted by: Christopher | Aug 6, 2008 1:05:44 AM

Gotcha, Christopher. Didn't mean to "scold" you. Just didn't want those who missed the video to miss the cruel weight of it.

Posted by: G-A-Y | Aug 6, 2008 6:46:59 AM

I never watched the video (like the guy above said "been there, done that" - no need to hear the same old stuff over and over again).

But I have to be honest and say I don't like Chris Crocker all that much either. A lot of stupid, younger people will likely confuse Crocker as some representative of ALL gay people, and I'll be god damned if that'll ever happen.

Who wants gay people to be associated with some makeup-faced crybaby, screaming about "leave Britney alone"?

I'd say Crocker (and that other freak, the young YouTube queen from Kentucky) probably has stirred up the most anti-gay sentiment during this past year, from their beyond-stupid antics.

Posted by: Scott | Aug 6, 2008 10:55:13 AM

I'm not a fan of Crocker either, but I don't think his antics in any way make my life more or less difficult.
If someone truly thinks that crocker is a good representative of gay people, they've evidently not left the house, and have a very limited online experience -- there are just way too many other public gay figures to fixate on him. I mean Neal Patrick Harris has a lot more influence on the youngins with the Harold & Kumar movies, his tv show, and (now) his deoderant commercials.

Posted by: Jason D | Aug 6, 2008 2:06:22 PM

Ha, It's funny to look at your comments.

Hello, for I am one of the speakers in this fabulous video/audio.

I'd like to say that our hatred is mainly towards homosexuals who have a nag for acting like females. e.g. Chris Crocker and, worst of all, GayGod. I don't know his name, nor do I care, but that is his YouTube name.

It may seem like your average ordinary everyday death threat towards gays, but that's nothing like it. We're not going to go off killing every homo we see. Gay is obviously an abomination to mankind. I'm not going to argue about this. Just listen to it.

It's funny because most of you aren't even gay. You probably have a family related homosexual, or a friend, and are just defending their kind. Don't let them consume you (no pun intended).

There are many people who feel the same way as we do. They're just not going to bother with words. Therefore, like the americans that we are, we're just going to use violence.

With that, I shall be on my way. Enjoy the audio.
Don't expect me to say anything back.
I'm finished talking.
It's time to take action.

Posted by: The Creator | Aug 7, 2008 7:48:38 PM

Posted by: G-A-Y | Aug 7, 2008 9:21:18 PM

i think gays should be eliminated from this America we should all take rainbow flags and burn them they have no purpose in this world but i Do that is to destroy there every meaning.

Posted by: GDZForknation811 | Aug 10, 2008 11:11:11 AM

Equally "charming" sentiments, GDZ.

::sigh:: How does hate get this heated?

Posted by: G-A-Y | Aug 21, 2008 10:54:55 AM