RECENT  POSTS:  » Full trailer: 'The Normal Heart' » Vintage Clinton era oppo memo perhaps even more relevant today » Concerned Women For America advises churches to lockdown exclusionary marriage views » Video: What does conservative columnist Cal Thomas see as America's biggest threat? Take a guess. » Correcting NOM's fallacious fear graphic » Gee, Bryan, can't understand why federal courts are rejecting you gay = incest view » Former NOM sr. associate admits shift: Moving away from intellectual arguments, focusing on spiritual » Prop 8 defense attorney now planning lesbian daughter's wedding » If you can't afford your event, NOM, perhaps you should just cancel » A hill of beans: 'Ex-gay'-defending legal firm selling coffee to fund discriminatory endeavors

08/01/2008

Sick patients, dams, and flooding -- oh my

Picture 9-93Brad Dacus of the anti-gay Pacific Justice Institute will now put the California/Massachusetts marriage sitiuations in perspective for us all:

"Massachusetts becomes the 'sicker patient in the hospital,' by far, if we in California are successful in amending our state constitution as, once again, between one man and one woman," ... "Massachusetts will then be the place, instead of California, where homosexual couples fly to...get married....[T]hat's just a major leak in the dam that's got to be patched up...if we're going to keep a major flooding of the homosexual agenda from being poured out on all the states across the country"

Now if you'll excuse this writer, I must go repair my just-exploded Hyperbole Alarm. ::sigh:: I knew I should have upgraded my Matt Barber-proof model just one extra notch!

Pondering the impact of MA's same-sex 'marriage' decision [ONN]

"flooding of the homosexual agenda". I love that quote :P

Oh, and there, I'm no longer anon because you asked so nicely yesterday :)

Posted by: Christopher | Aug 1, 2008 6:40:52 PM

Good to have ya, Christopher!

But I didn't mean you have to give your email and even real name. If you are concerned with anonymity, do not give any info that makes you uncomfy. I just thought it would be easier to hold discussions if you picked a handle.

Posted by: G-A-Y | Aug 1, 2008 7:13:53 PM

I'm sorry to say that I'm not all that surprised by Brad Dusho's remarks. If he's worried about the gay agenda because he thinks he'll be propositioned, he has nothing to worry about. Gay men are attracted to men. In any event England has adopted gay marriage so have Norway, and Canada. They still attract tourists, the sun still rises and sets, and not one rain of fire to speak of. If you want to protect marriage, ban divorce. I hate to use logic, but the only thing affecting straight marriage is straight people. If you asked me they're the ones that can't get it right, maybe we should ban straight marriage, it seems that would have a better chance of solving the problem.

Posted by: phattmcbutterpants | Aug 1, 2008 8:41:48 PM

This is sort of off topic but by having gay couples flock to these states won't it be great for the tourist industry? As in hotels and restaurants and such?

Posted by: Jen | Aug 1, 2008 9:00:31 PM

No, I'm not concerned with anonymity, just usually too lazy to type a name. I typed my name in the first few posts. Been reading your blog regularly for quite a few months now.

Posted by: Christopher | Aug 1, 2008 10:27:44 PM

No, I know you have, Christopher. The way I get all of your comments, it's sorted by IP address. So regardless of the handle you use, I have a sense of who is who. And so I knew you were a regular, and just thought a nicely identifiable name would help us all :-)

Glad to have ya!!

Posted by: G-A-Y | Aug 1, 2008 11:45:41 PM

I don't know phatt, and of course, I don't have gaydar but I thought he was kind of cute in that pic... don't like chin dimples? ... Troy King is cute too. Anyway, you are so right about STRAIGHTS being the problem in striaght marriages...uh. DUH!

So JH just where did you say you got that HYPERBOLE ALARM?? and in the coming months I just bet you really will need to notch it up.

Posted by: LOrion | Aug 2, 2008 12:33:33 AM

Hey, was wondering if you could hide my e-mail in the first post, I didn't realize it'd be visible. Not for privacy, but because I used to do scam-baiting (wasting the Nigerian e-mail scammer's time) and they harvest e-mails from guest books, so I've always been weary about having my e-mail in public places as I'm not fond of spam mail. If not, maybe just delete the post, it's not like it contributes anything)

I'll try to remember to type my name from now on :) (no need to publish this post, thank you lots :) Sorry for the hassle)

Posted by: Christopher | Aug 2, 2008 1:07:05 AM

Yes, Jen, Of course it is good for the tourist industry. California has made $700 million from allowing out of state gay marriages so far. As a matter for fact, that was the driving factor to the new legislation in MA.

Posted by: Pat | Aug 2, 2008 2:58:05 PM