RECENT  POSTS:  » Audio: Mark Regnerus doesn't think marriage equality has 'a lot of gas left' » Friday: NOM president shares the bill with 'ex-gay' activists » Today in 'um, yeah, obviously': Stunt marriages not confined to opposite-sex partnerships » Video: Brian Brown's fellow panelist gives insight into Moscow panel's extreme views on homosexuality, marriage » Video: TN man condemns gays with Leviticus billboards; oddly allows local Red Lobsters to remain open » Video: 'Ex-gay' speaker at upcoming ERLC summit equates talking to gay people with talking to cancer patients » GLAAD: Mainstream media is catching on to NOM's broader agenda » FRC's Values Voter Summit puts anti-gay bakers on a marriage panel; so we won, basically » GOP front group NOM raising money for a GOP US Senate » Leave beloved children's author Beverly Cleary out of your dastardly agenda, NOM!

10/13/2008

Photos: Engage

Regular readers know that I, Jeremy, rarely get personal on here. However, more than a few people have asked to see some pictures from my and Andrew's weekend engagement party. And since they actually do have a direct correlation to the gay marriage fight in which G-A-Y is so actively involved, I thought I'd post a few of the more ambient environment-type ones, giving you, my Internet family, some insight into this truly magical night. Enjoy:

Mockup
The calm before the storm:
Photo-1
Organic booze bar:
618097879605 0 Bg
The projections weren't all of Steel Magnolias, just this particular one
328097879605 0 Bg
Some crowd shots from early on (we ultimately had 110+ guests):
348097879605 0 Bg568097879605 0 Bg
This is artisan ice cream truck we hired for the night. I was actually so busy schmoozing, I never got any:
238208879605 0 Bg

So there ya have it -- a few glimpses. As you can see, we didn't destroy our world, our nation, or our city. Also, six kids under the age of 10 were in attendance, and the only "agenda" that "indoctrinated" any of them was the "radical" idea that family, love, and Boylan's orange soda make for a memorable Manhattan night.

Thanks to Housing Works Bookstore Cafe for building up an amazing space, and to Counter restaurant for cooking up some delicious food and drink. But mostly, thanks to all who spent this National Coming Out Day coming out for two dudes in love. The fall air might have brought a slight nip, but the good vibes brought nothing but warmth.

'cause were living in a world of fools
Breaking us down
When they all should let us be
We belong to you and me

I hate you. I mean congratulations, Jeremy ;p

Posted by: a. mcewen | Oct 13, 2008 6:18:04 PM

Wow! Saturday Night Fever indeed.

Simply perfect.

Thanks for a peek into your very special event!

db

Posted by: dave b. | Oct 13, 2008 6:22:44 PM

That was just your *engagement party*?

O.o

Seriously though, happy engagement! (or is 'congratulations' the thing you say? I'm not that up on my wedding etiquette.) Just saw your "eat the constitution" ad for the first time, btw. It's hilarious.

Posted by: Willie Hewes | Oct 13, 2008 6:28:25 PM

Awww, so sweet! Looks like nice spot for a party. And the artisan ice cream must have been great. Sorry you didn't get any. All the best to you and Andrew.

Posted by: Esther | Oct 13, 2008 7:50:17 PM

I love counter!!! I wanna see some pics of you and the hubby. Why are you hiding the cute gay men in tuxes from the world?

Posted by: queerunity | Oct 13, 2008 8:24:15 PM

Teehee. No tuxes, queerunity, but our outfits were super-cute (if I may say so myself).

So far I don't have a nice pic of us together. As soon as I do, I'll try and put one up.

Posted by: G-A-Y | Oct 13, 2008 8:44:52 PM

Congratulations! It looked like a fun time, cheers!

Posted by: johnozed | Oct 13, 2008 10:44:21 PM

Oh, good. Yes, we do want pics of you both during this so so special occasion. ...
BTW... I loved your Coming Out story so much, that I put it on PHB as a Diary...and Pam just promoted it! (If you are copyrighted..I just plagiarized!)

Thank you for your share...I know the Oct 11 was 'COINCIDENCE"...but
"I don't believe in Coindicdence, Everthing Happens for the Right Reason at the Right Time.' HOOT...that is even the saying I have on my MySpace site...for multiple coincidental right reasons!

Congratulations again. And thanks for the pics. Now I've got another place I have to see on my New York list...great spot/venue.

Posted by: LOrion | Oct 13, 2008 11:43:55 PM

For other non-New Yorkers...I looked up the 'bookstore' and here is the blurb...all volunteer with proceeds going to AIDS action groups it looks like.

Housing Works Bookstore Cafe has established itself as a New York downtown institution and tourist destination for the last decade. Special events and a fully stocked cafe make this a great place to meet friends, relax and shop the best book, movie and music selection in New York City. Our one of a kind space is available for rental and all of our merchandise is donated. We are staffed almost entirely by volunteers and 100% of our profits go to Housing Works, Inc.

Yep...I will be going there on NY visit.

Posted by: LOrion | Oct 13, 2008 11:53:40 PM

I browse your site from time to time and enjoy your point(s) of view etc. Congrats here and best of wishes in all future endeavors!!!

Posted by: Jason J. | Oct 14, 2008 12:43:39 AM

I too want to see the happy couple!!! I am so jealous. The only long term commitment I am making at this time is to my cat Liam (17 weeks old) Also, that looks like an awesome party, how long did it take to plan? I could not pull it off myself. So kudos for that!

Posted by: Piper | Oct 14, 2008 2:45:16 AM

Yes, LOrion -- In addition to the space being beautiful, Housing Works is an amazing charity.

Posted by: G-A-Y | Oct 14, 2008 8:42:30 AM

So where are the pics of the happy couple?!? You know, the ones of you guys dancing in wigs or doing the limbada, etc. ;-)

Congrats, Jeremy, I hope the wedding goes well and that you too have a happy and blessed marriage.

Thanks, btw, for the coming out post the other day. Very moving.

Posted by: John | Oct 14, 2008 8:50:00 AM

cool, ill stay tuned for the photos of you two, so i can be jealous that I haven't found Mr. Right yet.

Posted by: queerunity | Oct 14, 2008 10:53:17 AM

Congratulations! It looks like it was a beautiful time. Love the ice cream truck and especially love Housing Works. My boyfriend and I donate books to them yearly and always make a stop to pick up a few used classics when we're in SoHo.
Again, kudos and looking forward to seeing more about the big day!

Posted by: Eric | Oct 14, 2008 11:06:05 AM

Congratulations! I read your site daily. I'm happy that you're happy.

Posted by: John | Oct 14, 2008 12:28:48 PM

The pictures look like a lot of fun! Congrats. Have you told on your blog how you two met and came together as a couple?

Posted by: john | Oct 14, 2008 4:02:21 PM