RECENT  POSTS:  » Riiiiiiight, FRC. And 'Desperate Housewives' is still TV's hot new show, too » After death do us part: Indignity of Idaho's marriage ban threatens lesbian veteran's final wishes » NOM's Chair to Oregon: We have a right to tell courts our personal, conservative Catholic opinions! » Nice try, anti-equality movement, but the lesbian 'throuple' story makes our argument, not yours » Jonah Goldberg can't see the hornets' nest for its hornets » Video: Male on mail » Jodie Foster in 2013: 'I am'; Jodie Foster in 2014: 'I do' » AFA promotes its new app in only way it knows how » Robert Oscar Lopez says I perform 'psychological operations routine' on him when I quote his own words from his own web site » Matt Barber's ever-classy site suggests gay people are literally crushing fellow humans

11/10/2008

Video: Tony's such a 'riot'

"You don't change public policy to accommodate a few."

"There's no oppression here."

These and other bits of brilliance from Tony Perkins, a man who apparently has an ability to see riots where there are none:

Tony Perkins claims gay people are 'rioting' over Prop 8 [Youtube]

Does this guy even know what a real riot looks like? I mean, considering idiotic hordes would be willing to riot after a sports game, I'm shocked the LGBT masses didn't storm the churches and set them ablaze. These protests have been anything BUT a riot.

Posted by: aaa | Nov 10, 2008 10:11:07 AM

I was hoping this would show up here or on pamshouseblend :-)

I thought this was so great when I first saw it. I love how Anderson, who normally is very good at maintaining a professional level of unbiasedness, can't hide the disgust he has for Perkins and his ilk.

Posted by: zortnac | Nov 10, 2008 11:45:06 AM

I must say, one thing I'm disappointed with is that the 'No on 8' isn't doing enough to point out that civil union licenses =/= marriage licenses. We can't make that clear enough, they do NOT provide the same legal protection, and marriage licenses do not require a religious ceremony in the slightest. We merely want the same tax laws, the same legal laws as hetero couples.

Posted by: aaa | Nov 10, 2008 12:53:55 PM

Civil Union scheme?

Tony Perkins is full of SH*T! They have a major problem with us having any legal (or non legal for that matter) recognition of our relationships including civil unions and domestic partnerships. Florida's Amendment 2 was proof of that! If people only knew what Perkins and his ilk really say and mean off camera!

As I have posted on other sites the Religious Right will do the same in other states that have no anti-gay marriage laws. They believe our relationships are sinful and they DO NOT want any legal recognition of them because to them that would be approving sin.

Posted by: Ken R | Nov 10, 2008 2:45:00 PM

Can I just say, I really hate that guy. He's such a smug and condescending asshole.

Posted by: Jon | Nov 10, 2008 2:48:17 PM

thanks for sharing this - what a jerk. Proud of the Pro-Gay-Marriage lady!
Lee