Video: Wow, shocker -- their closing argument is as fake as their whole campaign
1. Prop 8 has nothing to do with so-called "traditional marriage." If your hetero marriage is threatened by two gay people having equal access to the custom, then you should be in marriage counseling, not on the side of the road holding a "yes on 8" sign.
2. Gays and lesbians have children. Anti-gays are trying to foster a climate wherein kids of gay parents are taught that their families are wrong! And not just kids of gay parents, but also kids who have gay loved ones in their lives, or who are themselves gay/lesbian/bi. These kids are not being "protected" from the cruel stench of bias! The "yes on 8" side wants to shroud them in such!!
3. Violence, theft, aggression, etc -- that's been happening on BOTH sides. And why? Well, because this is a nasty, nasty fight. When you work to rob people on such a personal level, you have to expect some folks to rage. It's just human nature, unfortunately. But let's remember one thing: "yes on 8" declared this needless war by refusing to accept the idea that the rights of a minority, suspect class should not be squashed at the hand of majority tyranny. So yea -- they started it.
4. Not one of the "NO ON 8!" TV spots show "contempt" for "supporters of traditional marriages." Contempt for the idea that gay people should have their rights taken away? Yes! Contempt for using personal religious views to deny civil equality? Yes! Contempt for denying human beings of their rights? YES! But the "tradition" for which we are all fighting is the right of two people to join together in love. These are what the ads, mostly filled with heterosexuals, have continually stressed.
5. Even a "yes on 8" victory will never amount to a "win." Not ultimately. This side will always be a losing one, because it is fundamentally bent towards the wrong side of justice. Our last laugh is inevitable, even if this needless $60+ million dollar war goes the way of intolerance.
Okay, now you can watch the latest from "yes on 8," wherein they once commit their push for discrimination to video so that future generations can look back and shake their head over the major historical misstep that plagued their nation's recent past:
The Story of Prop 8 [YouTube]
comments powered by Disqus