RECENT  POSTS:  » Lisa Kudrow thinks my website title is modest, at best » Do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded mission of destruction? » MassResistance's hilarious fourteen-point plan for reinstating marriage discrimination: Get really, really nasty » Concerned Women For America finally learns to call out anti-gay rhetoric » 'Rivka Edelman' responds to me via one of the most bizarre comments I've ever read » Just going to another vendor isn't always easy, isn't good basis for sound policy » Pat Robertson: People who believe in fair nondiscrimination law are 'terrorists, radicals, and extremists' » In which another anti-gay group forces politicos to Gladys Kravitz our way into one family's divorce drama » In 2008, the AFA was the same on LGBT rights as President Obama; and I was a flying unicorn » The Hitching Post plot thickens in a truly remarkable way

01/07/2009

Video: Do you need a Franken video? Anita/Franken video.

Does our new Democratic senator from Minnesota have an anti-gay past? Well of course not! He's a great equality advocate.

But as you can see in this newly unearthed footage, back in 1977 he did pal around in his underwear with one Ms. Anita Bryant. Or, at least, Jane Curtin's fictional version of her:

"Saturday Night Live" -- original airdate, 9/24/77

(*all rights belong to Broadway Video/SNL Studios)

Nice legs, Al. Beat those guns, Norm Coleman!

I don't know what you were implying.

I'm in Minneapolis and I voted for Franken.

Agreed, that he might not be the best all-purpose senator, but

I think that he's alot more gay friendly than Coleman.

Hopefully, Franken will be seated (is that a verb?) in the senate.

I think that he and our own Senator Amy Klobuchar will be allies for gay rights.

Castigate me if I'm wrong, but I think that Al Franken will be a positive force in the senate for gay rights.

db

Posted by: dave b | Jan 7, 2009 10:14:21 PM

HUH?!?! I was joking, Dave. Of course he's not anti-gay. I just said that as a setup because of the Anita braynt thing.

I'll add some more language to make it clearer.

Posted by: G-A-Y | Jan 7, 2009 10:18:39 PM

I love Jane Curtin! I especially loved her, comment that she and Anita Briant used to be lovers!

Posted by: Dick Mills | Jan 7, 2009 10:27:32 PM

You get a pass - sorry.

Lets just hope that Coleman's law suits are judged without merit by the MN courts.

Wednesday's Star Tribune newspaper gave him little chance of succeeding in court, just because of the openness of the recounts and the meticulous recount method.

The drama continues - I think Franken will prevail, though.

db

Posted by: dave b | Jan 7, 2009 11:02:21 PM

Pam Spaulding has written about Amy Klobuchar's support of Minnesota Teen Challenge here:

Posted by: Eva Young | Jan 7, 2009 11:40:48 PM

Amy Klobuchar supported a 500,000 earmark for Minnesota Teen Challenge - and organization that had Janet Boynes - an ex-lesbian speak to their "students" - and asks potential "students" whether they have engaged in "homosexual behavior." Why does Amy Klobuchar want to fund such an organization?

Also Amy Klobuchar won't sign on to repeal of Don't Ask, Don't Tell. She should be asked about why in a public forum.

Posted by: Eva Young | Jan 7, 2009 11:41:01 PM

I am so embarrassed.

Please forgive me. I didn't know.

I will mend my ways.

Thank you for the enlightenment.

db :(

Posted by: dave b | Jan 8, 2009 7:13:50 AM

I hope Amy Klobachur just needs some education about Teen Challenge, but I'm really surprised that she won't sign on to repeal Don't Ask, Don't Tell. She received a very warm welcome when she rode in our Gay Pride Parade, she can't doubt the gay support. Maybe she doesn't want it anymore.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Jan 8, 2009 8:30:15 AM

Dave: Don't be silly. No need to be embarrassed or overly apologetic. I get why there was confusion. Sometimes when writing with an irreverent bent, things can sound clearer in your head than they come across on paper. I think the original language left room for your interpretation.

Mike: I hope the same about Klobuchar -- that she just needs education. We'll see. And we'll of course continue educating.

Posted by: G-A-Y | Jan 8, 2009 9:02:11 AM

You notice his legs but damn, he had an ass back then.

Posted by: Tony P | Jan 8, 2009 1:55:18 PM