RECENT  POSTS:  » NOM spends six figures on North Carolina's Hagan/Tillis US Senate race » Idaho wedding venue can be discriminatory so long as it sticks to new business model » Sunday in Houston: Activists mad that churches were noted for their politicization head to a church—to politicize » Lisa Kudrow thinks my website title is modest, at best » Do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded mission of destruction? » MassResistance's hilarious fourteen-point plan for reinstating marriage discrimination: Get really, really nasty » Concerned Women For America finally learns to call out anti-gay rhetoric » 'Rivka Edelman' responds to me via one of the most bizarre comments I've ever read » Just going to another vendor isn't always easy, isn't good basis for sound policy » Pat Robertson: People who believe in fair nondiscrimination law are 'terrorists, radicals, and extremists'

01/27/2009

We need some preventive PFLAG, pronto

This funny bout of denial comes from Fail Blog:

fail owned pwned pictures
(see more pwn and owned pictures at Fail Blog)

Be sure to keep an eye out for more posts from Bethany, in which we predict she'll worry that her son is part rabbit after she repeatedly catches him practicing his ability to lick (but not bite) a carrot.

**NOTE: There's lots of suspicion that this "fail" is fake, posted by the person who submitted it to Fail Blog.

On the one hand, I've seen first hand I've experienced first hand how dense parents can be on this subject, on the other hand, this just seems too ridiculous to be real.

Posted by: RainbowPhoenix | Jan 27, 2009 8:42:41 PM

Failpost was a fake :/

Posted by: Chris | Jan 27, 2009 9:31:47 PM

Thanks . .I needed a good laugh today . .Yikes!

Posted by: Jon | Jan 27, 2009 9:48:05 PM

Isn't it wondeful how he has suppressed his gag reflex? That should make visits to the dentist much easier.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Jan 27, 2009 10:33:50 PM

Funny, but fake... that screenshot was taken 1 second after it was posted.

I don't doubt that there are mothers out there who would be thinking along these lines, though.

Posted by: | Jan 28, 2009 1:56:06 AM

Not fake!

It was up on Yahoo Answers yesterday but has disappeared today

Posted by: tonykw | Jan 28, 2009 8:17:52 AM

I hesitate to call fake on this.
When I was a teen, I secreted a couple of playgirls home with me (I'll let you imagine why I did this).
My parents saw one...and completely bought the story that a friend planted it as a joke.
Nevermind that the circumstances in which they found it COMPLETELY discredited my little lie. Parents (especially Christian conservative ones like mine) will believe the sky is green if it fits what they need to believe.

Posted by: Eric | Jan 28, 2009 10:38:10 AM

I think you may have missed the joke here.

Fail Blog shows things that fail -- i.e. a photo of a concrete staircase with painted logos indicating "wheelchair accessible" was headlined "Handicap Access Fail "

This particular post was headlined "Denial Fail"

Posted by: Wyzdyx | Jan 28, 2009 3:08:56 PM

Who are you talking to, Wyzdyx? I think everyone here gets the joke -- the humor is why it was posted in the first place.

Posted by: G-A-Y | Jan 28, 2009 3:16:13 PM