RECENT  POSTS:  » Watch live at 11:30 ET: NOM's hilariously out of touch (and likely final) #March4Marriage » READ: Very anti-gay crew vows to never recognize civil marriage equality (even though they so will or face penalties) » NOM #March4Marriage coalition partner, religious liaison: 'Homosexuality is behavior and choice...immoral' » Mike Huckabee blatantly lies about something no civil marriage activist is seeking » Video: Man who once called for ban on gay teachers promotes #March4Marriage; because of course he does » FRC Senior Fellow: We are prepared to 'give our lives' to fight same-sex marriage (i.e. 'our eternal destruction') » Questions 'Face The Nation' should ask Tony Perkins (but likely won't, sadly) » Gorgeous clip from PFLAG Canada recognizes the many marriage memories that never were » On marriage, FRC prays SCOTUS will 'rule in the fear of the Lord' » AFA's new desperation: Marriage equality will turn bible into 'Mein Kampf'

02/09/2009

If this is silent, we'd hate to see the AFA's loud

If you haven't already heard on other sites: The far-right extremists at the AFA, taking a brief break from boycotting yet another American company for so much as burping in a gay-friendly manner, have launched a new website wherein they cry about how they are being "silenced" by those "radical" gays. Check out the sparse site/ farce video at link:

Silencing Christians [AFA]

**For all you need to know about the far-from-silent AFA, see our archives: American Family Association [G-A-Y]

My bipolar brother makes less noise than they do.

Posted by: RainbowPhoenix | Feb 9, 2009 4:38:02 PM

Do take the survey on the site. I suppose if enough of us take it we'll slant the results every so slightly.

Posted by: Tony P | Feb 9, 2009 6:06:40 PM

god, they're so incredibly desperate to justify their bigotry.

Posted by: remix | Feb 9, 2009 6:46:58 PM

"The gays say they want tolerance, but they won't tolerate me sharing...(my in-your-face lies)..."

We want tolerance, but we aren't belligerently forcing ourselves onto the moronic religiots. We aren't barging into their parades, or their pot-luck dinners, or their whatever-the-fuck-else-they-do. IF WE WERE, WE WOULD BE ARRESTED! Why? Because that kind of activity is ILLEGAL!

If those idiots want to set up their soap box on any street corner, everyone in the world will just dismiss them as loons, and walk on by. They aren't happy with that, though. They want to interject themselves into our peaceably assembled masses for the express purpose of being civilly disobedient, and they WANT to be arrested! WHY? So that they can play the victim. And, so that they can trump up some free publicity, because otherwise, like I said, everyone else in the world ignores them.

But, then, I could only watch the first couple of minutes of that asinine buffoonery. Maybe it is less batshit crazy further into the farce, but I couldn't bear to wade in any deeper.

Posted by: Dick Mills | Feb 9, 2009 6:52:03 PM

Yea, Dick, I would argue that more than tolerance, we gay activists want accurate assessments of what is going on is society. We want them to own what they do (i.e. hurt LGBT people), just like we gladly own our mission and goals (i.e. freedom from persecution).

Posted by: G-A-Y | Feb 9, 2009 7:05:40 PM

Oh, I fully agree, but my point is that if you want to do your "accurate assessment" with a bullhorn in the middle of a Sunday church service somewhere, you would be arrested. And, you probably should be. That they are being arrested is purely the result of their wanting to be arrested. And, none of them would arrested if they weren't being belligerent assholes.

Posted by: Dick Mills | Feb 9, 2009 7:44:46 PM

I can't believe they are trying to push John R. Diggs as an "expert." I guess Paul Cameron was on vacation.

Posted by: a. mcewen | Feb 9, 2009 7:57:58 PM

I only watched the first couple minutes...does anyone know the actual circumstances of the arrests they were talking about? Maybe a link to a news article? By the way that guy's moustache is seriously asymmetrical.

Posted by: emjayay | Feb 12, 2009 11:41:22 AM

this video is so hateful, i don't know how they can even call themselves christian? I am SO SICK of these zealots saying we want "special rights" I don't want special rights, I want equal ones. The way things are we get discriminated on by just being who we are.

Posted by: christopher Hendrix | Feb 17, 2009 10:17:58 AM