RECENT  POSTS:  » Pro-discrimination activists continue to use one woman's one-sided spite against ex-husband to attack marriage equality » Audio: Tony Perkins minimizes actual religious persecution; pretends he and anti-gay pals face 'deadly consequences' » Ryan Anderson, Mark Regnerus, Rick Warren, other inequality advocates urge Pope to 'commit to marriage' » GLAAD: Are some anti-LGBT activists missing a self-awareness gene? » FRC faults Dems for broken, obstructionist Congress while advocating for broken, obstructionist Congress » FRC senior staffer: 'Ex-Gays: The Best Kept Secret in Your Child’s School' » Video: In inclusive ad, AZ Sec. of State hopeful makes discrimination his rival » That discriminatory OR baker is really overthinking reason why she's national news » Robert Oscar Lopez confirms belief that gay parents are like slave owners » Video: Values Voter Summit marriage panel was particularly boring, bad, ineffective this year

03/02/2009

Lesbians get Marge-inalized

On last night's edition of "The Simpsons," lesbians who fetishize blue hair and red pearl necklaces finally got their wish. That's because in a show dream sequence, Marge locked lips with a fellow XX-chromosomed Springfieldian:

Marge-Simpson-lesbian-kiss
Marge Simpson Enjoys Her First Same-Sex Kiss [PITNB]

The American Bug-Eyed, Mustard-Colored, Never-Aging Family Association is said to be up (in four finger-handed) arms.

It's a sad statement on gay concerns when this is on all of the major gay blogs today. Sry, but the Simpsons are the least of my worries. They're purposefully satire, for God's sake. *rolls eyes*

And still not ONE of you guys--Pam, Andy, Queerty, or you, Jeremy, have discussed the Tufts study of the phenomenon of gaydar linked at Scientific American online.

Ah, priorities.

Posted by: Jamie | Mar 2, 2009 4:13:45 PM

Jamie, please spare me the righteous indignation here. I almost never delve into frivolity. This is my eighth post today.

And the gaydar study you sent me and have mentioned here again? I did give mention to it. In 2008, when it first came out!

You can accuse me of lots of things. Unfocused is not one of them.

Posted by: G-A-Y | Mar 2, 2009 4:18:20 PM

Technically it was what Homer was thinking about, not Marge.

Posted by: robin.g | Mar 3, 2009 12:13:55 PM

You can accuse me of lots of things. Unfocused is not one of them.

I never accused you of a thing, Jeremy. I was making a statement about the sad state of our community's priorities. After years of commenting here I finally disagree on whether something's post-worthy ONE time, and you wanna jump down my throat for it?

Yah. Okay.

Further, the study is interesting and is once again in the news so I thought it would be nice just to mention that it's getting further exposure. It's far more relevant to the gay community than half the "news" the other sites give out. And yes, I do expect more from you, Jeremy.

If I want mindless drivel and drama I'll go to Queerty.

Posted by: Jamie | Mar 3, 2009 1:58:19 PM

I didn't jump down your throat. I responded to your thoughts, which I still find to be unfair.

You called my priorities into question, and I defended the same. You said I hadn't mentioned the gaydar study, and I told you that I, in fact, had. Give-take.

Posted by: G-A-Y | Mar 3, 2009 2:13:01 PM

Uh... this was one of Homer's fantasies.

Posted by: rumble | Mar 3, 2009 4:54:16 PM

Rumble, Robin: Yes, that's why I said "..in a show dream sequence, Marge locked lips with a fellow XX-chromosomed Springfieldian." Though I guess fantasy sequence would have been more accurate.

Posted by: G-A-Y | Mar 3, 2009 5:06:43 PM

More importantly on this episode of the Simpsons the topic of transgerder persons was broached if ever slightly. At 3.40 we see the banner atop Springfield elementary announcing that a teacher has changed the gender.

Posted by: Jeff Chang | Mar 4, 2009 1:52:17 PM