RECENT  POSTS:  » 'Rivka Edelman' responds to me via one of the most bizarre comments I've ever read » Just going to another vendor isn't always easy, isn't good basis for sound policy » Pat Robertson: People who believe in fair nondiscrimination law are 'terrorists, radicals, and extremists' » In which another anti-gay group forces politicos to Gladys Kravitz our way into one family's divorce drama » In 2008, the AFA was the same on LGBT rights as President Obama; and I was a flying unicorn » The Hitching Post plot thickens in a truly remarkable way » On Rivka, Robert and their dirty, self-victimizing, anti-intellectual blame game » POTUS believes in fifty-state equality, happy with way it's playing out » But your subjective view of 'real' marriage is factually irrelevant, Ryan » Flip Benham (yes, their dad) reportedly protesting outside NC weddings

03/26/2009

Video: Macabre-tube

Youtube is sometimes so cool:

Youtube is sometimes so spooky:

MizJuana [YT]

*SEE ALSO: The day this fabulous host, Juana Samayoa, handed a Briggs Initiative spokesperson her booty on a platter:

I didn't see the second clip as spooky or macabre.

I see it as a historical media document, and, I'm really grateful that it's been made available.

I was glued to the television and radio that day & although I wasn't watching this particular show, it was pretty much the same shock everywhere. . .Northern California stopped in its tracks.

Posted by: Jon | Mar 26, 2009 1:25:13 PM

Well yea, it's that too. But I also think it's spooky/macabre to sit here in 2009, first watching Harvey be so vibrant and full of life, then seeing someone who had interviewed him just weeks before learning while on-air that two lives had been terminated by an assassin's bullet.

Posted by: G-A-Y | Mar 26, 2009 1:47:18 PM

It's also ironic that in the other 2 clips, the argument is still the same.

Posted by: Jon | Mar 26, 2009 1:57:27 PM

Absolutely, Jon. There has been no evolution.

Or actually, on second thought: I would say she might seem even more genuine than current opponents. She's not using all of the carefully crafted talking points that define the modern "pro-family" movement.

Posted by: G-A-Y | Mar 26, 2009 2:18:43 PM

. . .and trying to interview a childrens book author while the story was unfolding. It's difficult to remember the days when "live" television was really "live". . .there was no backup. . .Juana Samayoa couldn't just cut away to a news anchor with "breaking news", you can see the pain.

All that said . . .Samayoa showed absolute and true professional work in a moment of true crisis.

It would be interesting to hear her thoughts today.

Posted by: Jon | Mar 26, 2009 2:22:12 PM

Agreed. I'm seriously impressed with her skills.

She has a website and seems very e-friendly: http://mizjuana.com/

Posted by: G-A-Y | Mar 26, 2009 2:50:00 PM

We need to take back the term "pro-family" to include those of us who have raised children who are now raising families . . .even military families. ..but that's besides the point of this post. . .feel free to delete.

Posted by: Jon | Mar 26, 2009 3:07:15 PM

I just watched these the other day, was happy to find them on YouTube :)

Posted by: Christopher | Mar 26, 2009 4:17:50 PM

I was lucky to have met Juana back in the 70's, and her guest were always newsworthy...
and thankful that she made these clips available now via youtube and gay.com. How lucky we are today, to be able to see clips of that era.... that are not recreations like the "Milk" movie.

Posted by: jerry Pritikin | Mar 27, 2009 8:55:57 AM