Denying actuality: Not a 'traditional value'!
It's that time of year again: Time for the Traditional Values Coalition, an SPLC-certified hate group, to blatantly lie about the science behind sexual orientation in a way that puts a whole host of paraphilic behaviors under the "orientation" umbrella, so as to confuse people into believing that hate crimes protections on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity will lead to protections on the basis of things like a person's fondness for scat:
30 Sexual Orientations Effectively Gain Federal Protection
The American Psychiatric Association (APA) has published 30 such sexual orientations that, because of Congress’s failure to define “sexual orientation,” will arguably be protected under this legislation. These 30 orientations are listed in the APA’s Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV), which is used by physicians, psychologists, social workers, nurses, and psychiatrists throughout the U.S. It is considered the dictionary of mental disorders. Those 30 sexual orientations include behaviors that are felonies or misdemeanors in most states or can result in death.
Among those sexual orientations are:
* Fronteurism -- which involves a man approaching an unknown woman and rubbing up against her buttocks. This is criminal behavior.
* Incest -- which is a crime (sex with a daughter or son).
* Necrophilia -- a crime (sex with a corpse).
* Pedophilia -- a crime (sex with an underage child).
* Prostitution -- a crime in most states.
* Zoophilia -- (beastiality) which is a crime in numerous states.
* Voyeurism -- which is a criminal offense in most states.
Non-criminal sexual orientations include such behaviors as:
* Autogeynephilia -- the perception of a man as being a woman;
* Apotemnophilia -- sexual arousal from the stumps of an amputee;
* Coprophilia -- sexual arousal from feces;
* Urophilia -- sexual arousal from urine
* Transvestic Fetishism -- intense sexually-arousing fantasies, sexual urges, and behaviors involving cross-dressing.
To protect a “sexual orientation” under H.R. 1913 – while leaving that term undefined -- is to protect this whole range of bizarre sexual behaviors. It is to normalize by federal law what are still considered to be mental disorders (paraphilias) by the American Psychiatric Association.
Protecting 30 Bizarre “Sexual Orientations” And “Gender Identity” -- Ever-Expanding Definitions [TVC]
Never mind that the DSM-IV specifically highlights the difference between sexual orientation (heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual) and paraphilia. When there are LGBT people to be made more vulnerable, TVC gets an insatiable case of ScienceShunophilia that only the deliberate spread of disinformation can cure!
So moral, they are.
*EARLIER misuse: It appears TVC has lost last trace of shame [G-A-Y]
And, another point is that adding sexual-orientation to hate-crimes legislation DOES NOT DECRIMINALIZE any behavior! Even if there were not specific definitions of protected groups, hate-crimes legislation DOES NOT protect the actions of the person with a different sexual orientation. Any of those actions that are illegal, will continue to be equally as illegal.
Hate-crimes legislation INCREASES PENALTIES FOR CRIMES. Specifically, it increases penalties for bias related crime.
Posted by: Dick Mills | Apr 20, 2009 12:58:35 PM
What's wrong with scat? I enjoy it and I'm totally normal.
Posted by: Eyrev | Sep 7, 2009 3:12:24 AMcomments powered by Disqus