RECENT  POSTS:  » MassResistance's hilarious fourteen-point plan for reinstating marriage discrimination: Get really, really nasty » Concerned Women For America finally learns to call out anti-gay rhetoric » 'Rivka Edelman' responds to me via one of the most bizarre comments I've ever read » Just going to another vendor isn't always easy, isn't good basis for sound policy » Pat Robertson: People who believe in fair nondiscrimination law are 'terrorists, radicals, and extremists' » In which another anti-gay group forces politicos to Gladys Kravitz our way into one family's divorce drama » In 2008, the AFA was the same on LGBT rights as President Obama; and I was a flying unicorn » The Hitching Post plot thickens in a truly remarkable way » On Rivka, Robert and their dirty, self-victimizing, anti-intellectual blame game » POTUS believes in fifty-state equality, happy with way it's playing out

04/03/2009

Video: Amateur outrage

Here it is: The first official condemnation of the Iowa ruling has been posted to Youtube:

Ranty. But in his defense, his logic is only marginally less sound than the arguments that our opposition's lawyers are paid to make.

vermont, iowa, masschusetts, connticut [YT]

*And of course he's wrong about Iowa being the fourth state. Vermont has passed a bill, but it has not yet been signed/vetoed-then-veto-overidden.

The way he lets sentences trail off as he stares into space makes him seem like he's on salvia.

Posted by: Harrison | Apr 3, 2009 1:03:28 PM

hmmm he is gay

Posted by: Account Deleted | Apr 3, 2009 1:39:55 PM

Didn't get a chance to watch the vid yet, but I did read something else that said Iowa is the fourth state to approve gay marriage. This is true.

California approved it, but we all know how that turned out! Oy...

Posted by: JJS III | Apr 3, 2009 1:40:11 PM

Really having to think this is some half ass attempt at humor. Either that or he is part of the Moral majority stoner division.

Posted by: Raven | Apr 3, 2009 2:04:35 PM

Everybody go on there and flag it for hate speech!

Posted by: Attmay | Apr 3, 2009 2:14:56 PM

No, no- please DO NOT go and flag it as hate speech. Arguments like this need to be heard, because they are weak. If this guy gets silenced, then he's a victim of the gay rights movement, but if he is heard, then he's just an idiot. LET'S LET HIM BE AN IDIOT.

Posted by: dave | Apr 3, 2009 3:10:34 PM

And of course the coward turns off comments on the video.

I flagged it. I think people have heard enough from the bigots to know they're all fucked in the head.

Posted by: Tony P | Apr 3, 2009 3:48:18 PM

Interesting - His diatribe is so incoherent that it truly doesn't give the opposition any further legitimacy towards their arguments - especially with every sentence trailing off into nothing, his keen ability to mention every component of the female anatomy as the justification for disapproving gay marriage, etc. It's all I can do to keep from rolling my eyes at this man's ever-so painful attempt to state his case against gay marriage. It's laughable, at best.

Posted by: JoesBrat67 | Apr 3, 2009 4:29:47 PM

As irritating as his comments are, I think you should go easy on him. He seems to have some kind of disability---maybe mild autism or something?? If you watch his other videos you'll see what I'm talking about.

Posted by: Brad Sanders | Apr 3, 2009 4:37:47 PM

I think Brad Sanders might be right. I watched a few of his other videos and I think he does seem to have some sort of disability. It's hard to be angry at someone who doesn't know any better. I actually feel sorry for the guy.

Posted by: Adrian Acosta | Apr 3, 2009 4:48:55 PM

I agree. This guy is deprived, one way or another. Cut him some slack. He needs help, not condemnation or abuse.

Posted by: greg | Apr 3, 2009 7:47:40 PM

All the gay bashers need "help". But I'm not giving it to them.

Mental disability is no excuse for bigotry. He's probably just plain stupid.

Posted by: Attmay | Apr 4, 2009 12:12:49 AM

This guy is great! Totally engaging and to-the-point. "Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve" twice - TWICE - in the same youtube video.

I wish I was clever enough to coin that phrase :(

Posted by: DN | Apr 4, 2009 12:58:04 AM

Awww, poor closeted guy. What was that phrase I've seen floating around? So deep in the closet, he's having a adventures in Narnia. He also did seem high on something... What really worried me, was how upset he was. It was like we burned his favorite teddy bear. I hope he doesn't hurt himself.

Posted by: lessthan | Apr 4, 2009 11:26:33 PM