RECENT  POSTS:  » Video: Voices from our pro-equality future (present?) » Anti-gay orgs continue to offend children of single parents, gay parents, more » Apple CEO gives 'substantial' sum to HRC's southern state project; may or may not have used ApplePay » Conservative proposes new way for vendors to tell gay customers they don't care for them » NOM versus David Koch » Anti-equality baseball player calls reporter 'a prick' for asking about his anti-equality advocacy » Audio: Josh Duggar defends discrimination, invalidates own point » Audio: AFA's Fischer names 'homosexual agenda' as 'greatest threat to liberty' in American history » Audio: AFA Radio caller calls for executing gays; FRC-employed host doesn't even challenge him, much less condemn » NOM president's other organization is 'in trouble' (his words) too

04/13/2009

Video: Let the Domino's appall as they may

We of course never want to see anyone fired because they are gay. We do, however, fully support gays being fired if/when they do this:

At one time it was founder and former owner Tom Monaghan's socially conservative (read: anti-gay) work that served as the primary reason why gays might want to avoid this place. But ya know, nose-cheese and sneeze-lami have just replaced politics as modern reasons why one might instead choose Papa John's!

***OH SO MUCH MORE:

**UPDATE: From Domino's corporate:

Thank you for bringing these to our attention. I don’t have the words to say how repulsed I am by this – other than to say that these two individuals do not represent that 125,000 people in 60 countries who work hard every day to make good food and provide great customer service. I’ve turned this over to our security department. We will find them. There are far too many clues that will allow us to determine their location quite easily.

Regards,

Tim McIntyre

Vice President, Communications

Domino's Pizza, LLC

***

*Note: We should say that we fully understand that this is not a representative incident that speaks to the company's usual operations. But that out of the way, we should also say: FRICKIN' GROSS, MAN!

**UPDATE, 4/14: More from corporate:

Hi, Jeremy.

We just got off the phone with the franchise owner, who was absolutely dumbfounded by this. He has told us that he will be terminating their employment effective immediately. We suggested that he call them and get a written statement from them, asking them to “explain” (to the extent anyone can, really) their actions. We are also seeking legal counsel to see what kind of action we can take against them for damage to the brand.

You are welcome to use anything I’ve sent to you in the past 24 hours. I do want to thank you for bringing this to our attention…I just wish it hadn’t been posted so prominently on your web site…while it was certainly fair game, it does hurt the company and the thousands of people we employ in this country whether it’s intended or not.

Regards,

Tim

Tim McIntyre
Vice President, Communications
Domino's Pizza, LLC

We respond:

Hey Tim: Don't shoot the messenger, buddy!

*Note: Mr. Mcintyre has clarified, saying that he didn't mean to blame this site for posting the vids. He just meant to say that he wishes, in theory, that they had never come to light since they can lead folks to make unfair, blanket judgement of the company. And we actually agree with him on that point -- it is unfair for anyone to parlay this one incident into a sweeping attack against the chain as a whole.

**UPDATE, 4/15: Wow, this thing got big: Health officials inspect Conover Domino's [WCNC]

**UPDATE, 4/16: Domino's takes to the same video site that screwed them: Please think of cheesy bread, not snot [G-A-Y]

That is freaking hysterical!!!

Posted by: J | Apr 16, 2009 3:33:58 PM

screw beig fired...this is criminal tampering, and there should be jail time.

Posted by: yo Mo | Apr 16, 2009 3:51:37 PM

DISGUSTING!! REPULSIVE!!! I will never eat out again. One has to wonder how many times waiters have contaminated our food. SHAME ON THE PIGS!!!

Posted by: Migdalia | Apr 16, 2009 4:08:13 PM

Like the cheese up his nose is the worst thing on a Domino's pizza! They've been shilling toxic pies for awhile now. Hope a few people got the specials!

Posted by: eatit | Apr 16, 2009 4:13:16 PM

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.I will never again eat at any restaurant where I cannot see my food being made.Especially any pizza parlors!
YUK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: pizzapuke | Apr 16, 2009 4:21:41 PM

ay dawg ay thats why i eat papa johns and at cici's

Posted by: Joe Bury | Apr 16, 2009 5:02:52 PM

>other than to say that these two individuals do not represent that 125,000 people in 60 countries who work hard every day

Sht, if they represent just 1000, then I'll expect snots and feces every 125 times I order.

Posted by: stentor | Apr 16, 2009 7:43:50 PM

Listen everyone, I've been a loyal Domino's customer for many years now and this isolated incident isn't representative of the values of the company at all. It is unfair to judge and assign blame to the corporation itself by the actions of two employees who probably don't even have a college education. I am sure Dominos takes food safety protocols very seriously because their success depends on the satisfaction of their very own cutomers.

For example, there was an incident when I accidently dropped my sandwich on the floor. It was wrapped in aluminum foil and carried in a bag. The manager at Domino's insisted on giving me another sandwich just to be safe. This struck me by surprise but also tells you about the level of commitment they have in maintaining not only customer satisfaction, but the safety and health of their customers.

Another incident I encountered was grease in the pizza box. I wasn't sure what it was but decided to ask anyway just to be safe. Although they didnt give me a new pizza, they kindly indicated that it was grease from the pizza and provided me complimentary coupons for my next visit. The manager even asked the employee to confirm that it was grease.

These were at different Domino's restaurants. I have been a satisfied customer of Dominos. Don't let this silly incident affect the way you think about the company.

And NOO, I do not work for Domino's.

Posted by: Andy | Apr 16, 2009 8:16:15 PM

they're so stupid ..ha
no more jobs for them

Posted by: mark | Apr 16, 2009 9:21:52 PM

Looks like Kristy is also a sex offender...http://ncfindoffender.com/details.aspx?SRN=016454S11

Posted by: Kyle | Apr 16, 2009 9:52:24 PM

When I worked at dominoes the exact same thing happened, and I'm outside the US. Often customers would ring up the guys on make bench didn't like and the pizza would be made with ingredients off the floor, spat in or just generally made in an unsanitary manner. I never worked on make bench, so it wasn't my doing, but I was to young and impressionable to stop them from doing it. So this in my opinion definitely isn't a one off.

Posted by: brady | Apr 16, 2009 10:18:27 PM

I am completly repulsed by this. I have worked in the restaurant industry for 10 years and never in my life have I seen such a thing. My question is where is the manager or shift leader? Are they too getting fired or prosecuted? Conduct such as this would not have happened if those who were hired to supervise were too doing there job. I never liked dominoes pizza and i now thank god for that!!!

Posted by: MaL | Apr 16, 2009 10:34:45 PM

when you wipe your ass with a sponge and then rub the sponge on a cooking pan you transfer e-coli to the pan you cook the food in. this bacteria that lives abundently in feces causes severe and even fatal illness when ingested. children, older adults are the most susceptable. quite frankly anyone injesting that could become seriously ill. NOT SO FUNNY

Posted by: THE NURSE | Apr 16, 2009 11:01:06 PM

Felony warrants? I'm a little surprised by that one. Oh wait, snot is a deadly weapon.

Posted by: Tony P | Apr 16, 2009 11:35:15 PM

This happens all the times in all chains..

Posted by: HAHA | Apr 16, 2009 11:42:17 PM

I am disgusted with the vidoes that were made and what has happend. I feel that this is not only horriable for the lable but it also gives gay people a misrepresentation of their moral and work ethic. I am not a gay person but I belive that all people, whether their sexual preferances should be treat equal, and these people have enforced a stigma that gay people have been work so hard to erase. I am sorry that this has happend, and I hope that these individuals get what they deserve.

Posted by: babyyoung | Apr 17, 2009 12:20:09 AM

While you can say this goes on in lots of places, the statements that it happens in "every" restaurant is plainly as foolish as these to goobs who got fired. I operate an independent pizzeria, and visit many others regularly . . . h#ll could not hide the people who tried to get away with this in my kitchen (besides, I work there every shift).

The yahoo who thinks this is about minimum wage is a fool. Profound character flaws and criminally ppor judgement have nothing to do with poor pay . . . they would do the same for $15/hr; believe me.

Posted by: PizzaMan | Apr 17, 2009 12:40:31 AM

watch the way you make food.you 2 are nothing but trouble!

Posted by: gurusgrafx | Apr 17, 2009 1:13:43 AM

ITS A SHAME THAT PEOPLE DO THIS TO OTHERS FOOD! I KNOW PEOPLE WHO SPIT IN PEOPLE FOOD AND EVERYTHING ELSE AT ALL FOOD CHAINS;MCDONALD'S,BURGER KING, TACO BELL, PIZZA HUT,ETC. PEOPLE ARE JUST CARELESS AND DONT CARE ABOUT OTHERS HEALTH.

Posted by: MELISA | Apr 17, 2009 1:20:13 AM

okay, as a domino's employee this really disgusts me, hoax or not.
however, to the gloves statements, its not uncommon to find food prep people in this type of business not wearing gloves. we wash our hands compulsively for starters, second, i think most people are unaware that the oven is set at over 500 degrees F, in every store, which is hot enough to kill any living anything that may have transferred from our hands, to your food.
i think after seeing this video though, not wearing gloves is the least of your worries.

Posted by: dominosemployee | Apr 17, 2009 2:47:54 AM

yes people are that stupid to post this stuff on youtube. they were stupid enough to take the video weren't they?
and even if it is a hoax...they just wasted a lot of food. and contaminated everything they touched. included the pan that was washed with a sponge that was up his butt.
real cool hoax.

fake sneezes still produce germs. idiots.

Posted by: dominosemployee | Apr 17, 2009 2:52:31 AM

what a suprise american imbeciles , can only imagine what they do at mcdonalds

Posted by: Mik | Apr 17, 2009 2:53:17 AM

Humans suck.

Posted by: Clausewitz | Apr 17, 2009 3:29:35 AM

Check out the Algerian who had a habbit of 'anointing' English food with piss and shit.
See: http://www.vnnforum.com/showthread.php?t=92464

Posted by: 8man | Apr 17, 2009 4:14:01 AM

Loosers. They fail at life

Posted by: OMG | Apr 17, 2009 4:17:11 AM

More on Kristy's sex offense @TSG:

Posted by: Sophisticated Suzanne | Apr 17, 2009 5:30:58 AM

I highly doubt I'll ever eat there again...

Posted by: P3epe | Apr 17, 2009 6:51:15 AM

No more domions, even its free, Never ever ever.

Posted by: das iknev | Apr 17, 2009 6:57:11 AM

The faggot's name is Michael Setzer, is that a jew name? Good to see some other anti-semites show up here by coincidence- We are spreading like wildfire thanks to folks like Madoff, AIG's CEO, Rahm emanuel, who show us clearer than ever what these criminals are really all about.

Posted by: Otis Rotis | Apr 17, 2009 6:57:29 AM

Apparently they've been released on bond. They need to stay in jail a while. I (was) obsessed with Dominos. I can't help but associate Dominos with this non sense now. It's awful that a handful of jerks have just ruined revenue to a fairly large employer at a rough time. I hope they pay for their appalling actions.

Posted by: Jonathan | Apr 17, 2009 8:21:42 AM