RECENT  POSTS:  » Scott Lively equates accurately noting his public record with inciting murder » Audio: Mark Regnerus doesn't think marriage equality has 'a lot of gas left' » Friday: NOM president shares the bill with 'ex-gay' activists » Today in 'um, yeah, obviously': Stunt marriages not confined to opposite-sex partnerships » Video: Brian Brown's fellow panelist gives insight into Moscow panel's extreme views on homosexuality, marriage » Video: TN man condemns gays with Leviticus billboards; oddly allows local Red Lobsters to remain open » Video: 'Ex-gay' speaker at upcoming ERLC summit equates talking to gay people with talking to cancer patients » GLAAD: Mainstream media is catching on to NOM's broader agenda » FRC's Values Voter Summit puts anti-gay bakers on a marriage panel; so we won, basically » GOP front group NOM raising money for a GOP US Senate

04/13/2009

Video: Let the Domino's appall as they may

We of course never want to see anyone fired because they are gay. We do, however, fully support gays being fired if/when they do this:

At one time it was founder and former owner Tom Monaghan's socially conservative (read: anti-gay) work that served as the primary reason why gays might want to avoid this place. But ya know, nose-cheese and sneeze-lami have just replaced politics as modern reasons why one might instead choose Papa John's!

***OH SO MUCH MORE:

**UPDATE: From Domino's corporate:

Thank you for bringing these to our attention. I don’t have the words to say how repulsed I am by this – other than to say that these two individuals do not represent that 125,000 people in 60 countries who work hard every day to make good food and provide great customer service. I’ve turned this over to our security department. We will find them. There are far too many clues that will allow us to determine their location quite easily.

Regards,

Tim McIntyre

Vice President, Communications

Domino's Pizza, LLC

***

*Note: We should say that we fully understand that this is not a representative incident that speaks to the company's usual operations. But that out of the way, we should also say: FRICKIN' GROSS, MAN!

**UPDATE, 4/14: More from corporate:

Hi, Jeremy.

We just got off the phone with the franchise owner, who was absolutely dumbfounded by this. He has told us that he will be terminating their employment effective immediately. We suggested that he call them and get a written statement from them, asking them to “explain” (to the extent anyone can, really) their actions. We are also seeking legal counsel to see what kind of action we can take against them for damage to the brand.

You are welcome to use anything I’ve sent to you in the past 24 hours. I do want to thank you for bringing this to our attention…I just wish it hadn’t been posted so prominently on your web site…while it was certainly fair game, it does hurt the company and the thousands of people we employ in this country whether it’s intended or not.

Regards,

Tim

Tim McIntyre
Vice President, Communications
Domino's Pizza, LLC

We respond:

Hey Tim: Don't shoot the messenger, buddy!

*Note: Mr. Mcintyre has clarified, saying that he didn't mean to blame this site for posting the vids. He just meant to say that he wishes, in theory, that they had never come to light since they can lead folks to make unfair, blanket judgement of the company. And we actually agree with him on that point -- it is unfair for anyone to parlay this one incident into a sweeping attack against the chain as a whole.

**UPDATE, 4/15: Wow, this thing got big: Health officials inspect Conover Domino's [WCNC]

**UPDATE, 4/16: Domino's takes to the same video site that screwed them: Please think of cheesy bread, not snot [G-A-Y]

Unfortunately, I don't think this was a simple "prank" in that the food still had to be made and sent out on orders. But, the actions of Dominoes' management actually makes me feel more secure about future sanitation conditions in their restaurants. Perhaps it's also a valuable lesson about keeping employees motivated and feeling proud of the company for which they work!

Posted by: Jay | Apr 20, 2009 1:38:38 PM

The saddest thing to me is that not only are they doing a huge bad PR to Domino's... but they're also giving a bad rep to gays and calling unnecessary negative attention to all gays in the workplace; 90% of whom are quietly working hard alongside everyone else without being stupid like that! Ugh...

I can't stand Domino's pizza anyway, it's cheap nasty drunk food that I wouldn't even feed to the pigs!

Posted by: Matt | Apr 20, 2009 7:50:54 PM

!!

Posted by: Fred | Apr 20, 2009 11:09:46 PM

I live in Turkey,and you can be pretty sure that I am not going to be buying a single thing from Domino's anymore.

Regards.

Posted by: Somebody From Turkey | Apr 21, 2009 7:52:16 AM

IM NEVER EVER GONNA EAET DOMINOS PIZZA AGAIN

Posted by: dominopizzaBADDDD | Apr 21, 2009 11:57:23 PM

No food was sent out to customers?
Getouttahere, You snot-cheese Dominos corporate shill.

The address to where the sandwich was going was displayed right on the screen!

Don't make me have to rip this video, reconstruct the customer address on the screen and phone these poor assholes to prove that you are a LIAR!

Posted by: Nota DominosCustomer | Apr 22, 2009 1:18:19 AM

I will be making my own pizzas from now on. Both of these nuts should be coated with honey and tied up in ants nest.

Posted by: Lorna | Apr 22, 2009 4:05:37 PM

WOW. That has got to be the craziest thing I've ever seen. I work at Papa John's, and I've NEVER seen anything like that in any of our stores, and I've worked at quite a few. Yea, we goof off every once in a while, but we NEVER mess with the food! That's disturbing.

Posted by: Tracy | Apr 22, 2009 6:07:27 PM

Check this out it happened at a pizza hut in Richboro Pa. six employee's fired they didnt make a vedieo but may be we would not have seen this happen to Domino's Pizza

Posted by: Coolcu | Apr 23, 2009 4:45:08 AM

Food WAS sent out to the customers and even if it wasn't, that's still sickening and inappropriate to do what they were doing around food and in a restaurant. Not to mention what he did with the sponge. I hope they throw the book at both of this backwoods low lives.

Posted by: hi | Apr 23, 2009 1:19:04 PM

2 idiots posting a video of them tainting food...what does www mean worldwide web...duh!!!This video will live on in infamy. I'm sure their families are sooo proud of them.

Posted by: Kelisha | Apr 23, 2009 6:56:12 PM

theres nothing wrong with dominos, its jus those sick demented fucking preverted retards who hav given us a bad name they going straight to hell dickheads fuck oath go try that shit at eagle boys you fuckwits, you fucking piss me off fucking cunts

Posted by: John Skylas | Apr 24, 2009 2:56:03 AM

stupid fucking bitch

Posted by: .. | Apr 26, 2009 12:25:28 AM

These sick; really sick people need to be hang man. I can not believe they are dare to do this at work. You guys must be on some kind of drug!

Posted by: Kim | Apr 27, 2009 6:41:55 PM

OK...This is fucking bullshit...Ive worked for this company for a yr and a half now, and I cant begin to tell you how enraged I am after watching this video!! Im not a part of this franchise--I'm in Texas, but I can tell you that I dont appreciate this sort of behavior...This is the best company, hands down, I've worked for in a LONG time..I'm a driver meaning MOST of my income comes off tips..My hours come from sales..I don't appreciate these two jackasses doing bullshit like this then POSTING it online...They are bragging about being idiots..What a proud day this must be for their families!! MY livlihood depends on this company's continued success and THAT depends on people continuing to order our product...I feel bad for the owner of this particular franchise and his employees...OUR owner has gone out of the way to inform us that these two have been prosecuted--frankly thats not good enough--They need their jaws jacked!! But in anycase the problem has been dealt with...Look folks, I understand when you order a pizza, you just want a pizza..You dont care about the subtleties of this market, nor are you really thinking about the jobs your purchase goes into creating..But when people see this crap, they avoid that product...LET ME AT EM!!!!
My thanks to this site for keeping this video going--all of us here need to watch this so we know what were dealing with...

Posted by: Dallas Rutledge | Apr 30, 2009 7:54:17 AM

Oh hey man--I'm Wiccan and have been so for 26, going on 27 years now...I've never had any problems working here due to that..I've also worked with openly gay people and "conservative" Christians and an exceptionally vocal Libertarian...I was not aware this company might have a problem with free speech--if it does, those of us who work here are still Americans and we dont really care anyway :)

Posted by: Dallas Rutledge | Apr 30, 2009 8:37:24 AM

You know you can say what you want CEO and VP but its gonna be a long fuggin time before i eat dominos again.if this is how you pick your employees i think alot of your customers will come to us Papa Johns now! that is appalling and nasty.your gonna suffer a while for this .

Posted by: Sdragun | Apr 30, 2009 3:16:34 PM

She is obviously stoned. No excuse, but very noticeable.

Posted by: greg | May 3, 2009 4:09:34 PM

I knew some people that bragged about doing things to food when people pissed them off,i always say would you like them to do it to you,i knew a guy who worked at a major chain that would brag about doing things to customers food when they pissed them off,yet when he ate out he was so particular,i am always extra nice to any 1 who prepares my food,but you never know,there are a lot of bitter people out there,customers can be rude and obnoxious,i couldn't do it,i dealt with nasty customers but i always prepared there food , i made sure my hands were clean and the food was fresh,with me it backfired once,this guy ordered a pound of opotato salad,and i knew that the potato salad in the deli had been there all day and our shift was going to be cleaning out the deli and filling up the bowels with today's delivery , that was in the cooler,so i went in the cooler to give the guy the potato salad that just came off the truck,i came back to the deli handed the guy 1 pound of brand new potato salad just delived in a factory sealed container and he accused me of trying to give him the old stuff,i was dunfounded,cust service is a thankless job,you just have to rise above it ,because in the end,you are better than all those nasty people,and when you pull pranks like this,you bring yourself down lower than these people and now look these 2 are humillated and may face jail time and there is no proof this food was delivered was really worth all that and if they were on company time what are they doing filming a prank wheather it is 3 dollars or 30 doolars they accepted the job 2 work not horse around,dont they have any pride in themselves

Posted by: paul | May 5, 2009 2:15:48 AM

Unfortunately, this happens EVERYWHERE. Think about it. What kind of individuals work at fast food places? What respect do you think they have with other peoples food? Of course not EVERYone who works there is mentally sick, but it DOES happen EVERYWHERE.

Posted by: Nillinator | May 10, 2009 5:04:50 PM

This is why I don't get take out food or go out to eat. I cook at home for myself and therefore I know I washed my hands and made the food properly. I don't trust restaurants and especially fast food joints. You never know who washed their hands or who's got a cold and coughed or sneezed into your food. A lot of these minimum wage workers don't really care about their jobs. They work too hard and get paid too little so they have nothing better to do than spit or do something worse to your food. So think about it. Learn to cook and you won't have anything to worry about.

Posted by: Erica | May 10, 2009 7:09:11 PM

That was nasty and they are totally GAY never eat atdominos agian!!!!!!

Posted by: Kikki | May 15, 2009 5:41:29 PM

I go to Little Caesers...this stuff is digusting. At least you can SEE what they're making when they're prepping it...not some hidden back room.

Posted by: Ew... | May 20, 2009 12:02:49 PM

these pathetic oxygen thieves have benn fuckedin the ass by the interwebs also gays suck

Posted by: richiequinn | May 25, 2009 3:13:08 PM

Those sick motherfuckers, they are only going to jail for 4 months to a year, wich i think is pure horseshit. they shoukld be there for life.

Posted by: john smith | May 31, 2009 9:47:42 PM

yo i worked at a dominoes for six months and i never did anything like that. they do owe me 800 dollars tho. so fuck domihoes i hope terrorists blow them all up.

Posted by: Rogue Hippie | Jun 2, 2009 11:49:09 AM

Wow.
This made me sick to my stomach, and so angry...
I will not EVER trust Domino's. I haven't eaten there for quite sometime, we usually just go to Pizza Hut... but now, when people say, "Hey, let's go to Domino's." I'll be like, "Hey! Let's not..."

Alex

Posted by: Alex | Jun 5, 2009 8:13:02 PM

I hate fast food. Can't really trust the employees who are employed at these places now and days.

Posted by: DJW | Jun 17, 2009 8:52:21 PM

This is completely disgusting. I agree that these two employees should be fired and they absolutely should be sued without question. Whether it was a prank or not, it was a stupid thing to do, and I don't think I'll be eating at Dominoes any time soon.

Posted by: B | Jun 18, 2009 1:11:14 PM

I will NEVER eat dominos again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: JOSH | Jun 21, 2009 11:43:16 PM