RECENT  POSTS:  » Video: What does conservative columnist Cal Thomas see as America's biggest threat? Take a guess. » Correcting NOM's fallacious fear graphic » Gee, Bryan, can't understand why federal courts are rejecting you gay = incest view » Former NOM sr. associate admits shift: Moving away from intellectual arguments, focusing on spiritual » Prop 8 defense attorney now planning lesbian daughter's wedding » If you can't afford your event, NOM, perhaps you should just cancel » A hill of beans: 'Ex-gay'-defending legal firm selling coffee to fund discriminatory endeavors » Anti-gay talker Steve Deace lets LGBT movement know: we're about to sue churches, apparently » Audio: Bored on an apparently too factual weekday, Richard Land pushes 'gays are sexually abused' lie » It seems when you equate gay folk with those who sleep with animals, it sticks; funny how that works

04/13/2009

Video: Let the Domino's appall as they may

We of course never want to see anyone fired because they are gay. We do, however, fully support gays being fired if/when they do this:

At one time it was founder and former owner Tom Monaghan's socially conservative (read: anti-gay) work that served as the primary reason why gays might want to avoid this place. But ya know, nose-cheese and sneeze-lami have just replaced politics as modern reasons why one might instead choose Papa John's!

***OH SO MUCH MORE:

**UPDATE: From Domino's corporate:

Thank you for bringing these to our attention. I don’t have the words to say how repulsed I am by this – other than to say that these two individuals do not represent that 125,000 people in 60 countries who work hard every day to make good food and provide great customer service. I’ve turned this over to our security department. We will find them. There are far too many clues that will allow us to determine their location quite easily.

Regards,

Tim McIntyre

Vice President, Communications

Domino's Pizza, LLC

***

*Note: We should say that we fully understand that this is not a representative incident that speaks to the company's usual operations. But that out of the way, we should also say: FRICKIN' GROSS, MAN!

**UPDATE, 4/14: More from corporate:

Hi, Jeremy.

We just got off the phone with the franchise owner, who was absolutely dumbfounded by this. He has told us that he will be terminating their employment effective immediately. We suggested that he call them and get a written statement from them, asking them to “explain” (to the extent anyone can, really) their actions. We are also seeking legal counsel to see what kind of action we can take against them for damage to the brand.

You are welcome to use anything I’ve sent to you in the past 24 hours. I do want to thank you for bringing this to our attention…I just wish it hadn’t been posted so prominently on your web site…while it was certainly fair game, it does hurt the company and the thousands of people we employ in this country whether it’s intended or not.

Regards,

Tim

Tim McIntyre
Vice President, Communications
Domino's Pizza, LLC

We respond:

Hey Tim: Don't shoot the messenger, buddy!

*Note: Mr. Mcintyre has clarified, saying that he didn't mean to blame this site for posting the vids. He just meant to say that he wishes, in theory, that they had never come to light since they can lead folks to make unfair, blanket judgement of the company. And we actually agree with him on that point -- it is unfair for anyone to parlay this one incident into a sweeping attack against the chain as a whole.

**UPDATE, 4/15: Wow, this thing got big: Health officials inspect Conover Domino's [WCNC]

**UPDATE, 4/16: Domino's takes to the same video site that screwed them: Please think of cheesy bread, not snot [G-A-Y]

After these videos i really dont want to eat out at Dominos or any other place. It is disgusting to think that what i am eating might have gone up someones nose. This was a prank, but they were the only people laughing.

Posted by: sprinkle | Jun 22, 2009 3:10:47 PM

LETTER OF DEMAND

in nov. 2009, from americana 5 motel, in las vegas, nv, i ordered a thin crust pizza with olives from dominos pizza on decatur blvd. when i was eating it & i bit right into a "hard round black object" that looked just like an olive, and it chipped my tooth. they sent someone out to pick up the pizza and object. i talk to manager on duty that night, then i talk to a "marca (head manager)" the next morning. from that time up til now i placced many calls to marca and other store mangers and continued to attempt to make contact with upper management at the regional office. all to no-avail! each time i have got the run-around, and told to contact another person, whom every time gave me the same run-around.

however, from time-to-time, i did find myself out of touch because some "minor" trouble, which has caused me to be away, unable to resolve this matter [if you know what i mean]. this provided them with some time, but the fact remain... it did happened, i informed them immediately, i talked to several people throughout the dominos franchize, and they still want to give me the run-around. they better be aware.., i refuse to go down without a helleva fight!

now, i'm taking my fight directly to the media so that the public can get another unfortunate awakening about dominos pizza employees. yes, i'm sure there's are many dominos employees wom would never do suc a thing, but what about the employees that dressed my pizza with this foreign object that had no business on my pizza? then, was the employees who were putting booggers on pizzas. that's real nasty! i was some what trumatised, mainly because at the time, i was staying in a motel and was forced to eat out. then, i ad no car, so before this incident i ordered out. then, afterwards, believe it or not.., i lossed alot of weight because i was paranoid by who was fixng my food, plus i had to spend additional money when i caught cabs to eat, which provided me with some relief.

now, i want to conclude this matter a.s.a.p, "without" future courtroom litigation, which i'm ready and able to proceed if we can't reach an "immediate" settlement satisfying interest of both parties. due to bad publicity that dominos been receiving regarding similar issues; where employees placing foriegn objects in pizzas, i'm sure they'd wish to settle this matter out of court and eyes of media/public whom i will begin contacting if no "immedate" resolution.

let's get ready to rumble dominos, or settle up with me--immediately, i'm not greedy!

if anybody else have complaints on food establishments, we have an obligation to inform thy neighbor. don't you think so?

SINCERE,

CHIPPED TOOTH DOMINOS EX-CUSTOMER

Posted by: ET Bleu | Jun 23, 2009 6:15:38 PM

NBC Dateline did a special called "Dirty Dining" and their hidden cameras picked up sickening stuff on KFC, McDonalds, Taco Bell and other chains, so don't say things such is this is rare. If someone says it's doesn't represent all Dominos, okay, but don't say it's rare.

Posted by: Ham Bone | Jul 2, 2009 7:56:23 PM

I can't believe that people would do this. I mean it's just wrong. I've been in a job i didn't like before but i would never do anything like that. It's good to know that they went to jail for this.

Posted by: Domino's worker | Jul 6, 2009 2:43:42 AM

What ever happened to Kristy and Michael? Last I can find from any news reports was a court hearing in May and no word since. Anyone know what the outcome was?

Posted by: Mike | Jul 16, 2009 3:24:41 AM

Why would it ever be shocking that homosexuals do sick things? That is natural for them.

Posted by: Christopher Nelson | Jul 18, 2009 8:22:24 AM

This is not "Dominos". It's a couple imbeciles trying to make a name for themselves on the internet, and.. these kind of filthy things go on no matter which franchise you eat at.. that has an imbecile employed in it.

Posted by: Sharon | Jul 27, 2009 12:49:29 AM

I hung out with the girl in the video all day today. It was a prank, she just bought the camera and started shooting video. She had know idea that he was going to do that stupied shit. But it was funny at the time. The food was NEVER SENT OUT TO COSTOMERS!!! After it was recorded they thought it would be funny to put it on Youtube for laughs! But look where it got them. Jail,, there really not bad people.

Posted by: Joshua | Jul 27, 2009 6:41:22 PM

Hey all I am a former employee at dominos pizza in Virginia and I have to say this is disgusting but at the dominos i worked at my general manager used to pick pizzas and wings and stuff off the ground and send it out so she didn't have high food costs

Posted by: Jennifer | Sep 30, 2009 4:55:48 PM

Dominoes, thank god I never eat there and probably wont ever again

Posted by: Jay | Oct 4, 2009 1:56:59 PM

Wow, is it bad this made me hungry for dominos?

Posted by: bryan broadway | Oct 6, 2009 11:18:59 AM

I hope these two ass holes went to prison for a long time for this shit!

Posted by: David | Oct 11, 2009 8:01:45 PM

HAHA I do this at my work. I pee in people's drinks. I also wipe my shitty ass with hamberger buns.

Posted by: Tom | Oct 12, 2009 1:44:28 AM

This Is Horrible.
As A Domino's Employee I Am Disgusted.
We Wouldnt Even Think To Do A Thing Like That In Our Dominos and I Have Never Heard Of Any Of The Other Dominos In Our Area Doing Things Like That.
I Hope They Get What They Deserve!
Dont Let These Idiots Change Your View On A Great Pizza Franchise!

Posted by: Melissa | Oct 22, 2009 12:11:20 AM

That Dominos opened up after being closed for a few days (for sterilizing things). It opened back up but I guess this killed the business because there's now a for sale sign on it. Someone posted the video on YouTube.

Posted by: MY FATHER CAME FROM ARKANSAS! | Jan 20, 2010 7:10:48 PM

Sure they didn't send it out. I bet. Even doing that stuff and not sending it out then posting it on the world wide web is enough to make people sick. If she didn't know he was going to do that stupid shit, why didn't she turn off the camera? She was saying stupid shit right along with what he was saying and doing. Just him wiping his faggoty ass with that sponge and doing the dishes, ALONE, is enough.

Posted by: MY FATHER CAME FROM ARKANSAS! | Jan 20, 2010 7:13:29 PM

I just found this!! Kristy got kicked out of college because she's a registered sex offender!!!

Posted by: MY FATHER CAME FROM ARKANSAS! | Jan 20, 2010 7:23:29 PM

Yeah, so being a convicted sex offender is a good person.

Posted by: finkle is einhorn | Feb 19, 2010 11:47:49 AM