RECENT  POSTS:  » Video: To Focus on the Family's Citizenlink, a simple business request = 'home invasion' » Audio: Former senior NOM official says we'll have 50 state equality by 2015 » Video: Florida AG Pam Bondi advocates for delayed (and denied, if she had her way) justice » Audio: Michelle Duggar robocalls against LGBT nondiscrimination ordinance in Fayetteville, AK » AFA commentator equates homosexuality with blindness, paralysis » AFA's senior issues analyst (again) equates homosexuality with necrophilia, bestiality, incest, pedophilia » 'The nation's attic' to get some rainbow-hued light » Marriage equality's main legal opponents now outsourcing fearful visions to Hollowood » GLAAD: BarbWire.com: Making the anti-LGBT movement look more extreme by the day » Right on equal rights, from the right

04/13/2009

Video: Let the Domino's appall as they may

We of course never want to see anyone fired because they are gay. We do, however, fully support gays being fired if/when they do this:

At one time it was founder and former owner Tom Monaghan's socially conservative (read: anti-gay) work that served as the primary reason why gays might want to avoid this place. But ya know, nose-cheese and sneeze-lami have just replaced politics as modern reasons why one might instead choose Papa John's!

***OH SO MUCH MORE:

**UPDATE: From Domino's corporate:

Thank you for bringing these to our attention. I don’t have the words to say how repulsed I am by this – other than to say that these two individuals do not represent that 125,000 people in 60 countries who work hard every day to make good food and provide great customer service. I’ve turned this over to our security department. We will find them. There are far too many clues that will allow us to determine their location quite easily.

Regards,

Tim McIntyre

Vice President, Communications

Domino's Pizza, LLC

***

*Note: We should say that we fully understand that this is not a representative incident that speaks to the company's usual operations. But that out of the way, we should also say: FRICKIN' GROSS, MAN!

**UPDATE, 4/14: More from corporate:

Hi, Jeremy.

We just got off the phone with the franchise owner, who was absolutely dumbfounded by this. He has told us that he will be terminating their employment effective immediately. We suggested that he call them and get a written statement from them, asking them to “explain” (to the extent anyone can, really) their actions. We are also seeking legal counsel to see what kind of action we can take against them for damage to the brand.

You are welcome to use anything I’ve sent to you in the past 24 hours. I do want to thank you for bringing this to our attention…I just wish it hadn’t been posted so prominently on your web site…while it was certainly fair game, it does hurt the company and the thousands of people we employ in this country whether it’s intended or not.

Regards,

Tim

Tim McIntyre
Vice President, Communications
Domino's Pizza, LLC

We respond:

Hey Tim: Don't shoot the messenger, buddy!

*Note: Mr. Mcintyre has clarified, saying that he didn't mean to blame this site for posting the vids. He just meant to say that he wishes, in theory, that they had never come to light since they can lead folks to make unfair, blanket judgement of the company. And we actually agree with him on that point -- it is unfair for anyone to parlay this one incident into a sweeping attack against the chain as a whole.

**UPDATE, 4/15: Wow, this thing got big: Health officials inspect Conover Domino's [WCNC]

**UPDATE, 4/16: Domino's takes to the same video site that screwed them: Please think of cheesy bread, not snot [G-A-Y]

I really wish I could punch these two in the face. And maybe their manager for ineptitude.

Posted by: Anonymous | Apr 14, 2009 3:39:56 AM

My mother used to tell me, that you don't call dummies...dummies! But in this case... they are "sick" dummies, including the schmuck with camera! Somehow, this reminded me
when I was a jewelry salesman years ago... and the store where I worked, was held up. When the police arrested the culprits... among their possessions, was a polaroid picture they had taken... of the loot spread on a bed.

Posted by: jerry Pritikin | Apr 14, 2009 6:04:13 AM

Here's the streets-view of the place. Note the drive-through window.
If you spin around to the right you'll see the Jack-In-The-Box sign that is also visible from the drive-through window in the last 'making change' video.

A Domino's employing NASTY employees, a K-Mart and Jack in the Box burger joint. It's like the Bermuda triangle of filth. You can almost TASTE the nasty

Posted by: Grangoire | Apr 14, 2009 6:20:38 AM

Becky/Janet = Same IP address. Please don't present yourself as two people if you are really the same person.

But as for the substance of your comment? Well of course it was a "prank" in the sense that they were entertaining themselves. But the restaurant, food, uniforms, etc. are all very real. As far as we can tell, this is an actual work shift. So while it's comforting, if accurate, that the food did not actually go out, it changes nothing about the facts at hand.

They weren't just miming everything --actual things actually happened. What about the pan and sponge -- were both thrown away? And what happened to all this food, if not served? They just tossed it all? That seems weird.

So you see, it's only a "prank" insomuch that it was played for comedy. There are still very "real" questions about the content.

Posted by: G-A-Y | Apr 14, 2009 7:37:39 AM

There's a comment at the Consumerist with a bit more correspondence received from Tim McIntyre, containing mail from Cristie/Kristy (here: http://consumerist.com/5210648/dominos-rogue-employees-do-disgusting-things-to-the-food-put-it-on-youtube#c12074231 )

Regarding the identity of Becky/Janet being identical, I think we can go further and assume it is actually Cristie/Kristy covering her soon-to-be-fired ass.

From that Consumerist comment:

--- No food was ever sent out to any customer. We would never put something like that on you tube if it were real!!

From "janet" on the previous comment page of this article:

--- It was all a prank Im sure! Who would put something REAL like that on you tube?

Circumstantial, yes, but a somewhat distinct misspelling of "YouTube".

Posted by: Sophisticated Suzanne | Apr 14, 2009 11:10:17 AM

I am HORRIFIED and totally sick to my stomach after seeing these two geniuses.

Nasty, nasty, nasty. Fire their dumb asses.

Posted by: TJ | Apr 14, 2009 11:15:41 AM

Yeah... no food went out. I'm sure they boxed, stacked and labeled all those sandwiches and then after the video was done threw them away. Right.

Posted by: sfas | Apr 14, 2009 11:25:34 AM

You know I hope that whenever these people are seen in public they get the crap beaten out of them.

Posted by: Troy | Apr 14, 2009 11:52:58 AM

This totally discusts me. What was wrong with these fools?

I have to comment about the same IP address though. As a corporate network admin, there are lots of ways that multiple people could have the same IP address. Over 100,000 people could have the same IP address where I work.

Posted by: David | Apr 14, 2009 12:35:30 PM

Domino's may not be happy that you exposed this (and still have copies of the videos), but I hope it means that these dumbasses won't be working around food ever again.

I love the Internet! As far as I'm concerned, good job, Jeremy!

And if anyone thinks avoiding one particular restaurant makes you safe, you're deluding yourself. Domino's doesn't have a monopoly on these kinds of people.

Posted by: Bonnie_Half-Elven | Apr 14, 2009 12:58:04 PM

Domino's was always the 'last resort' pizza place anyway, but this is just too stupid to believe. I think all of us know these two defectives only represent themselves and don't speak for the entire company. And one more thing:
BLEEEEECCCCCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Posted by: David | Apr 14, 2009 12:59:55 PM

Well damn. I used to actually have Dominoes about once a month. However, since they aren't running surveillance to catch these kind of actions I think I will be passing from now on. You could get some potentially lethal diseases from people doing this type of thing...

Posted by: Eequentzuorcha | Apr 14, 2009 1:01:14 PM

OMG this makes me sick I will never order from Dominos ever again!

Posted by: Gabriel | Apr 14, 2009 1:33:47 PM

Hey Tim.. You do realize that these vids were pulled from YouTube right?

It doesn't get much more "prominent" than that. This guy's webpage.. the LEAST of your worries.

Posted by: DominosH8r. | Apr 14, 2009 2:10:40 PM

Nah... somehow, someway, it's got to be George Bush's fault.

Posted by: Ray | Apr 14, 2009 3:16:02 PM

Make them eat the food they did this too... that would be far better than only firing them.

Posted by: Ray | Apr 14, 2009 3:22:58 PM

WOW that is beyond repulsive, Im not eating at Domino's ever again, shouldnt they have cameras in the kitchen to see if the employees are doing their job correctly and under the health laws???? if they had cameras in there these morons wouldn't do that because they would be afraid of getting caught by their manager, but since there are none they think they can spit on people's food and make funny videos and everything will be okay. Disgusting, again, Im not eating at Dominos ever again and I will tell about this to all of my friends and family memebers. THANK YOU for this.

Posted by: Leo | Apr 14, 2009 3:23:47 PM

Dominos drivers are the worst. They run you off the road and honk at you when you are even driving safely. This talks of bigger issues with the company. BOYCOTT Dominos. No wonder people get sick when they eat that food.

Posted by: Domino Hater | Apr 14, 2009 3:28:09 PM

this is so disgusting! What is wrong with these people? Obviously they wanted to lose their jobs, there can be no other explanation for their actions. Putting these videos on the internet for MILLIONS of people to potentionally watch they had to have known they would get caught and be terminated. If they hated their job that much they should have put their two weeks in instead of acting like nasty pigs. Wiping a sponge on your bare behind and then using it to wash dishes?! I hope Dominos takes legal action so that if there are any other people doing these things they will cease when they see what kind of trouble it can get them into. I suggest they should install security cameras on every part of the store so nothing like this is ever possible to happen again. Sick!

Posted by: britney | Apr 14, 2009 3:50:26 PM

I really don't care if it was a prank or not ( and, frankly I doubt that it was). These people should be fired and I truly hope this follows them for a few years as potential employers examine their past behavior. Disgusting, infantile and malicious.

Posted by: Booker | Apr 14, 2009 4:05:01 PM

eww, and I was going to order Domino's last night

Posted by: Angela T | Apr 14, 2009 4:23:52 PM

I love the extra care these employees put into the food. It looks delicious. They should put nose mucous in the menu I would glady pay extra for it. Those 2 employees should be commended for their creativity.

Posted by: Robert | Apr 14, 2009 4:24:15 PM

I hate Domino's pizza anyway. It is crap. There are plenty of really good pizza places where I live that aren't part of some corporate chain. For the wages they pay, I am not surprised at this.

Posted by: Jimmi | Apr 14, 2009 4:25:07 PM

These people are disgusting and should be shot in the face. But first, they should be tied up and forced to eat shit and boogers and loogies and everthing else that's horrible that the human body can create. They should be forced to lick the cheese from between the fatrolls of a giant, sweaty fat bitch. To the two people this video is about: I fucking hate you and so does the world. Just die.

Posted by: Scott | Apr 14, 2009 4:58:56 PM

they did it because they are gay

Posted by: | Apr 14, 2009 5:08:07 PM

What a typical example of american cooking!

Posted by: Fred | Apr 14, 2009 5:23:46 PM

I blame this on gays.

Posted by: | Apr 14, 2009 5:27:25 PM

I see - you only patronize the kind of pizza joints that pay their kitchen staff really well.

Yeah...me too.

Posted by: SayWhut? | Apr 14, 2009 5:38:53 PM

I just vomited a little. :(

Posted by: Dan | Apr 14, 2009 5:46:08 PM

I would SUE these stupid retards for damage to YEARS of BRANDING for a business, who, like it or not, makes a very good product and profit. It's idiots like these who think the world owes them something. We DO. Some time in the slammer and making them eat eachother's body excretions!

SICKENING.....

I will continue to order from Domino's because there can NOT be more than TWO people this GROSS in the world. BY THE WAY THE 'MESSENGER' SHOULD BE SUED FOR AIDING AND ABETTING THESE FUCKS.

Posted by: Robert | Apr 14, 2009 6:17:42 PM