RECENT  POSTS:  » What most people aren't getting about the fake non-troversies of the anti-gay right » 'Weekly Standard' asst. editor equates Tim Cook with man who pits God against him » Michigan pastors make unfortunate lifestyle choice; say they'll go to jail rather than not discriminate » PFOX's Quinlan says SBC leader's opposition to 'reparative therapy' is cruel » That Idaho wedding venue posts new 'rules and regulations'; will still perform non-Christian weddings » Another deceptive thing about NOM's duplicitous anti-Hagan ad » NOM trying to shape Arkansas politics without even learning state's abbreviation » Video: Focus on the Family staffer who calls homosexuality 'particularly evil lie of Satan' hangs out in Chicago's Boystown » Video: Another new NOM ad targets Sen. Mark Pryor (D-AR); uses James O'Keefe video as source » What the heck is 'NOM Victory Fund'?

04/13/2009

Video: Let the Domino's appall as they may

We of course never want to see anyone fired because they are gay. We do, however, fully support gays being fired if/when they do this:

At one time it was founder and former owner Tom Monaghan's socially conservative (read: anti-gay) work that served as the primary reason why gays might want to avoid this place. But ya know, nose-cheese and sneeze-lami have just replaced politics as modern reasons why one might instead choose Papa John's!

***OH SO MUCH MORE:

**UPDATE: From Domino's corporate:

Thank you for bringing these to our attention. I don’t have the words to say how repulsed I am by this – other than to say that these two individuals do not represent that 125,000 people in 60 countries who work hard every day to make good food and provide great customer service. I’ve turned this over to our security department. We will find them. There are far too many clues that will allow us to determine their location quite easily.

Regards,

Tim McIntyre

Vice President, Communications

Domino's Pizza, LLC

***

*Note: We should say that we fully understand that this is not a representative incident that speaks to the company's usual operations. But that out of the way, we should also say: FRICKIN' GROSS, MAN!

**UPDATE, 4/14: More from corporate:

Hi, Jeremy.

We just got off the phone with the franchise owner, who was absolutely dumbfounded by this. He has told us that he will be terminating their employment effective immediately. We suggested that he call them and get a written statement from them, asking them to “explain” (to the extent anyone can, really) their actions. We are also seeking legal counsel to see what kind of action we can take against them for damage to the brand.

You are welcome to use anything I’ve sent to you in the past 24 hours. I do want to thank you for bringing this to our attention…I just wish it hadn’t been posted so prominently on your web site…while it was certainly fair game, it does hurt the company and the thousands of people we employ in this country whether it’s intended or not.

Regards,

Tim

Tim McIntyre
Vice President, Communications
Domino's Pizza, LLC

We respond:

Hey Tim: Don't shoot the messenger, buddy!

*Note: Mr. Mcintyre has clarified, saying that he didn't mean to blame this site for posting the vids. He just meant to say that he wishes, in theory, that they had never come to light since they can lead folks to make unfair, blanket judgement of the company. And we actually agree with him on that point -- it is unfair for anyone to parlay this one incident into a sweeping attack against the chain as a whole.

**UPDATE, 4/15: Wow, this thing got big: Health officials inspect Conover Domino's [WCNC]

**UPDATE, 4/16: Domino's takes to the same video site that screwed them: Please think of cheesy bread, not snot [G-A-Y]

"Prank" or not - the damage is done. I've heard too many stories about the same thing happening for real. These two are idiots. Anyone defending them are not far behind.

Posted by: spinedge | Apr 14, 2009 6:26:10 PM

It's quite unfortunate that these individuals are trying to destroy the brand. The screens on the video look to gross for me to watch. I hope the vids get taken down, and this individuals learn that what they did is not right & may have very tough consequences.

Posted by: Bombchell in Atlanta | Apr 14, 2009 6:30:26 PM

Cracka-ass crackas.

Posted by: Undercover Black Man | Apr 14, 2009 6:31:43 PM

The is one of the many,many reason i cook at home,i can tell you right now this house will never order from domino's ever again.

Posted by: Rob | Apr 14, 2009 6:35:11 PM

i will never eat at dominos, again.

Posted by: notodominos | Apr 14, 2009 6:35:30 PM

I used to like DOminoes but after this video, there is no way I will ever buy there pizza again. I am truly sorry but I am so grossed out I can't eat it even if I watched them make it.

Posted by: Jymac@mac.com | Apr 14, 2009 6:39:01 PM

man, i'm starved now.

Posted by: Charlie Wilson | Apr 14, 2009 6:42:36 PM

They are from the south

What do you expect

Dumb ass red necks

Posted by: Up North | Apr 14, 2009 6:47:11 PM

I personally believe that these people should be locked up in jail for doing this firing is to good for them. What if somebody got sick germs is being passed from his nose among other things. That girl is even worst edging him on to DO these things me and my family will never eat at dominoes ever again in this life I PRAY.

Posted by: carol | Apr 14, 2009 6:49:44 PM

This happens in ALL restaurants. If you have ever eaten out, you've eaten spit, feces, snot, urine, dirt, and other gross items. They pay minimum wage and you get what you pay for. Why are you surprised?

Posted by: CassySim | Apr 14, 2009 6:53:31 PM

Somebody said it was just A prank but I guess washing his nasty ass with A sponge was just A prank give me A break. I wish the President could see this really. this have cause them A lot of customers believe it or not.

Posted by: carol | Apr 14, 2009 6:53:40 PM

the roo and the beeper. she's a manimou. she likes boogers and poopers. serve it up, Christie!

Posted by: dagmar | Apr 14, 2009 6:55:33 PM

Don't think I'll be ordering from Dominoes for awhile.

Posted by: Angie | Apr 14, 2009 6:56:36 PM

I don't order Dominoes much ( prefer Pizza Hut ) but I think it is unfair to judge the entire organization by this a$$holes action. Just dump him - plenty of unemployed to take his place.

Posted by: ron | Apr 14, 2009 7:04:03 PM

I want to know where this store is.

This is just disgusting and these kids should be prosecuted.

How many jobs will it cost decent honest workers in other stores.

Give us the location so we can trust where we are eating.

Posted by: Jean | Apr 14, 2009 7:04:53 PM

Are you all really as gullible as you sound? Glad your outraged, but do you really think that in all of the Dominoes across this country that these are the only two employees doing this? Maybe they are the only two stupid enough to film themselves doing it, but c'mon! You can't honestly believe this doesn't happen daily in restaurants across the country. If you do then your blind.

Posted by: boot | Apr 14, 2009 7:06:37 PM

The Naples Daily News profiles Tom Monaghan, the founder of Dominos Pizza and ultra-right-wing Catholic activist behind the Thomas More Law Center and Ave Maria University who even built his own town where he could implement his hardcore beliefs.

Though he is not particularly well-known, Monaghan is a right-wing powerbroker and moneyman who early-on backed Sam Brownback until his campaign ended early in the primary season. He has since gone on to endorse Romney and ultimately McCain, but this election cycle has focused primarily on financing the state races of candidates who share his right-wing views

Posted by: I Barfed | Apr 14, 2009 7:07:10 PM

It's class action lawsuit time. Not against Domino's, but against these two jackasses. Especially that smarmy c***.

Posted by: Sam | Apr 14, 2009 7:11:13 PM

Well, I'll never eat Dominos again. Not only because of this, but because of the founder's anti-gay stance which I didn't realize. I also won't shop at Urban Outfitters either. The good news is this link led me to this site which I'd never heard of before.

Posted by: Conner B. | Apr 14, 2009 7:12:01 PM

Disgusting. I have not eaten at Domino's in a very long time, after some very bad experiences with the food quality. After seeing these videos I'll never eat at Domino's , !!NEVER!! Rather go to a McDonald's in an emergency situation and that's a sacrifice believe me !
For pizzas I'd rather go to my locally-owned pizzeria , although a bit more expensive, mind you, but they treat us very nice every time we go and use fresh ingredients.

Posted by: jenny | Apr 14, 2009 7:15:10 PM

You know, prank or not, it disgusted me to the point, I don't think I will ever order pizza (via delivery or pickup) again.

Sorry Dominos

Posted by: MrChip | Apr 14, 2009 7:18:54 PM

This happens in many places and they are just not stupid enough to post the videos. Spitting is very common..... So don't be rude when you go to any restaurant.....

Posted by: kev | Apr 14, 2009 7:19:32 PM

I live in Michigan where Domino's was founded, I do not see how they make it. There pizza is overpriced and not tasty, remember the 30 minute or less delivery that they had to stop since the drivers were speeding and getting in accidents, and supposedly if they were late it came out of they paycheck. although I did not verify this, but it was a big deal years ago... AVOID THE NOID.

Posted by: reedaleddy | Apr 14, 2009 7:22:01 PM

The level of intelligence is pretty apparent here, these fools actually show their faces. So Fools you are on MY Face Book and will be posted around the Globe, IU hope you’re mommy see’s this

You guys are dumb asses

Posted by: Chris Lanser | Apr 14, 2009 7:23:33 PM

Hello. I live in the same area of that specific Dominos that those two idiots work at. I live in newton. About 8 minutes away from the Dominos in Conover. Here is a link to our local news about this. http://www.wsoctv.com/news/19180375/detail.html#-

My roommate knows these two idiots. She is friends with a manager that works there. He was off from work when it happened and called us and told us what happend. We are friends with that manager and wont be ordering from there again unless HE makes our order from now on. Needless to say it will be a while before we eat from there.

Posted by: Norm | Apr 14, 2009 7:28:20 PM

oh hell no !! LOL i got to say though Dominos pizza is hella gross and taste like crap so it's no suprise that the emplyee's of this fine establishment would conduct themselves in such an obscene manner LOL @ any rate the gay dude showing his ass off in poople dishes has atleast that round poundable bubble butt going for him , humm he's what u would call gay butterface . ha ha ha

Posted by: savannammontgomery | Apr 14, 2009 7:29:29 PM

The Abu Ghraib of fast food.

Posted by: John Sellars | Apr 14, 2009 7:35:00 PM

I am never eating foot made by white people EVER AGAIN

Posted by: Proudblackman | Apr 14, 2009 7:57:36 PM

I will never ever eat at Dominos again. Strictly PIZZA HUT from now on. Corporate better do something....their stock is going to plummet.

Posted by: jackjack | Apr 14, 2009 8:01:51 PM

Hey, look--anyone who's worked in a restaurant knows that this kind of thing goes on all the time. I used to work at the Ambassador Hotel in Golden Valley, MN (it's now closed), and the cooks regularly wiped their *sses with $20.00 steaks, spit on food and sent food out that had been dropped on the floor. And if a customer sent food back to the kitchen because something was wrong with it, you can be positive it went back to the customer with something REALLY wrong with it. If you want good food without the spit, boogers or whatever, make it at home. Domino's isn't the only place that employs total pigs to work in their kitchen.

Posted by: Mark F | Apr 14, 2009 8:02:24 PM