RECENT  POSTS:  » Your anti-LGBT movement at work: Viciously denigrating stock photos of gay families » Maggie Gallagher's latest shows what a disservice she did to the *civil* marriage debate » Brian Brown apparently buying a new dinette set, misapplies purchase to marriage debate » Focus on the Family: Marriage equality activists are 'tyrants'; opponents are 'slaves' » Read: Zack Ford smacks back Ryan Anderson's love of tax-subsidized discrimination » God Hates Fads: Radical Bay State group pretends homosexuality is like skinny jeans » But does the Archbishop even believe in gay? » Video: Move over aliens, plagues, Sharknados—it's committed gays who'll soon kill Western Civilization » Nine former water-carriers for 'ex-gayness' join all credible scientists in denouncing 'ex-gay' propaganda » The operative word is 'yet'

04/13/2009

Video: Let the Domino's appall as they may

We of course never want to see anyone fired because they are gay. We do, however, fully support gays being fired if/when they do this:

At one time it was founder and former owner Tom Monaghan's socially conservative (read: anti-gay) work that served as the primary reason why gays might want to avoid this place. But ya know, nose-cheese and sneeze-lami have just replaced politics as modern reasons why one might instead choose Papa John's!

***OH SO MUCH MORE:

**UPDATE: From Domino's corporate:

Thank you for bringing these to our attention. I don’t have the words to say how repulsed I am by this – other than to say that these two individuals do not represent that 125,000 people in 60 countries who work hard every day to make good food and provide great customer service. I’ve turned this over to our security department. We will find them. There are far too many clues that will allow us to determine their location quite easily.

Regards,

Tim McIntyre

Vice President, Communications

Domino's Pizza, LLC

***

*Note: We should say that we fully understand that this is not a representative incident that speaks to the company's usual operations. But that out of the way, we should also say: FRICKIN' GROSS, MAN!

**UPDATE, 4/14: More from corporate:

Hi, Jeremy.

We just got off the phone with the franchise owner, who was absolutely dumbfounded by this. He has told us that he will be terminating their employment effective immediately. We suggested that he call them and get a written statement from them, asking them to “explain” (to the extent anyone can, really) their actions. We are also seeking legal counsel to see what kind of action we can take against them for damage to the brand.

You are welcome to use anything I’ve sent to you in the past 24 hours. I do want to thank you for bringing this to our attention…I just wish it hadn’t been posted so prominently on your web site…while it was certainly fair game, it does hurt the company and the thousands of people we employ in this country whether it’s intended or not.

Regards,

Tim

Tim McIntyre
Vice President, Communications
Domino's Pizza, LLC

We respond:

Hey Tim: Don't shoot the messenger, buddy!

*Note: Mr. Mcintyre has clarified, saying that he didn't mean to blame this site for posting the vids. He just meant to say that he wishes, in theory, that they had never come to light since they can lead folks to make unfair, blanket judgement of the company. And we actually agree with him on that point -- it is unfair for anyone to parlay this one incident into a sweeping attack against the chain as a whole.

**UPDATE, 4/15: Wow, this thing got big: Health officials inspect Conover Domino's [WCNC]

**UPDATE, 4/16: Domino's takes to the same video site that screwed them: Please think of cheesy bread, not snot [G-A-Y]

These people should be arrested and charged with a crime. Tampering with food is a crime and they should sit in jail for a few years to figure that out. If they don't like their jobs, QUIT. If they want better jobs, GET AN EDUCATION. I'm tired of low life's who do nothing to better themselves but blame their situation on everyone but them. Firing them is a given but they should be arrested and forced to defend themselves in a court of law. Not only that, they have done millions of dollars in damage to the company--that they are responsible for. If I were Domino's management I would pursue that in court.

Posted by: McLovin | Apr 14, 2009 8:05:54 PM

Hey Becky: You say you know these people and that it was a PRANK. You also say that "at no time" did any contamination occur. I'm pretty sure we all saw that pig wipe his *ss and then wipe that pizza pan with the same piece of paper. I'll tell you what: if I ever see either one of your friends on the street, their face is gonna look like pizza.

Posted by: Mark F | Apr 14, 2009 8:06:15 PM

what do you expect from a chain founded by some trashy Christian nut? Shithead begets shit

Posted by: K Harden | Apr 14, 2009 8:20:30 PM

Well, duh. Everybody I've ever known who's ever worked at Dominos did this.

Posted by: jeffw | Apr 14, 2009 8:29:24 PM

They both shud be put on trial. it's so unacceptable. I would not do this to my worst enemy

Posted by: requiem4ajerk09 | Apr 14, 2009 8:30:40 PM

What location did this occur. I do not see any reference to state/city. Anyone who knows, please provide so that I'll ensure to totally avoid the place. Right now, though, I'm so turned off by Domino's, thus in my mind, the brand being tarnished is an understatement. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.---Mercy

Posted by: mercy | Apr 14, 2009 8:36:21 PM

Becky, who do you think you're fooling. "Cristie" was a willing participant, she egged him on and her words were as bad as his actions. And we're really supposed to believe that food wasn't sent out. Come on. What you've said amounts to "who are you going to believe, me or your lying eyes?" Sorry, but I believe my eyes. Unfortunately for Domino's and the fast food industry, so do most people who watched these videos.

Posted by: Sickened | Apr 14, 2009 8:48:43 PM

Why anyone would eat pizza at any one of these chains -- Domino's, Papa John's, etc. -- is beyond me. They have nothing to do with real, authentic pizza.

Posted by: Red Rooster | Apr 14, 2009 8:49:23 PM

Good bye Dominos!!!! I was a faithful customer.
I need to learn how to make my own pizza now. Thats playiny with our money and our health.

Posted by: Emma plili | Apr 14, 2009 8:58:31 PM

I do not think these videos are real. NO ONE can be that stupid as to put these videos on You Tube.

Posted by: YLG | Apr 14, 2009 8:59:36 PM

That girl is a Registered Sex Offender

lollercoasters!

Posted by: Gorf | Apr 14, 2009 9:00:14 PM

I will never spend my money in Dominos.

Posted by: Linucus | Apr 14, 2009 9:05:12 PM

See what no child left behind does to you ?

Posted by: Tuta | Apr 14, 2009 9:10:31 PM

Some of you guys are a bunch a dumb asses I mean this is a serious issue. People eat out everywhere, so that mean anyone of us could be eating something people put their bodily fluids on. To me this is a big deal and it is not a racial issue or a religious issue. These are the people of our future and if they are contaminating peoples food that is wrong. People don't know how to think anymore, just like they sad "they are lazy" well guess what life only gets harder and if you don't apply yourself you will get stuck with that low paid job. An even if it was a prank it is still wrong what if it was sent out who is at fault there. I don't care joke or not they should never have done that, they were stupid and being stupid comes with consequences. No one should go unpunished for something like that. All people eat there even children, also even if it was a prank that is wasting food and there are starving people in the world. Poor waged slaves, yeah right, it is minimum wage so take it out on someone else not the people that eat at you fucking restaurant.

Posted by: pssdff | Apr 14, 2009 9:23:28 PM

If I can't see you fix it, I won't be ordering it...any place.
Home cooking is better, anyway,

Posted by: L LG | Apr 14, 2009 9:43:18 PM

I have two big problems with the way people are responding to this issue.

1. Yes, these people probably make minimum wage but that in no way gives them the right to endanger the health of the customers. What do I expect from people making minimum wage? I expect them to do their jobs with integrity. If they can't even handle that then don't don't even deserve minimum wage.

2. The owner of the Domino's brand may be a nutbar, but Domino's is a franchising company. This is most likely an independently owned restaurant. Just because the head of the company holds views that you disagree with the brand still likely employs people who agree with your views. Should they be put out of work? Companies aren't supposed to be cohesive ideological behemoths.

Posted by: Really, people? | Apr 14, 2009 9:57:34 PM

I was looking forward to a Domino's pizza on Thursday evening to celebrate the end of Passover. Guess not.

Posted by: Dave | Apr 14, 2009 10:25:11 PM

Watching this really pissed me off. I can,t believe anyone will do this to other people that did not do anything to them. This is not about the company , it is about the individual who work there and behave like this. But this is a reminder that this happen in a lots of place not just Damino pizza. I guess it is a risk to eat out.

Posted by: Raf | Apr 14, 2009 10:40:32 PM

It just sucks for all those they work at Domino's that are going to lose customers. I know they're people that work well and make the customers food without having to do something like this. It's a shame two people just had to go and ruin the name.

Posted by: Joe | Apr 14, 2009 10:40:49 PM

Well, I'm sure these individuals will be fired from Dominos, BUT, what will stop them from just moving to the next fast food place, and doing the same again!!! As a sign of how serious their actions are, their ID's should be sent to each and every restaurant or fast food chain, to be banned from ever working in the food industry again! There are millions of unemployed people in the US, who deserve these jobs, far more than these two.

This is shocking!! I wonder how this justifies, being funny!!!

Posted by: BabyJ | Apr 14, 2009 11:00:34 PM

Dont think any1 will trust teens workin in pizza shops anymore - this is just 1 that got court.

Posted by: Gary | Apr 14, 2009 11:18:52 PM

How do young people get to be like this...bad parenting, just plain stupid, or what? I don't understand it!

I've never bought a Domino's pizza and sure won't now, I've started making my own.

Charges should be brought against these two and stiff fines. Wonder if this will happen?

Posted by: wanda cummings | Apr 14, 2009 11:29:44 PM

Domonies. I will never never never buy any Domonies food again. These people should get charged for tampering with food, and destroying the Domonies good name. Shame Shame.

Sorry but I could never eat at domonies again after seeing that. :(

Posted by: colin | Apr 14, 2009 11:46:48 PM

This is FUCKING SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!...
I WILL NEVER, EVER EAT OR ORDER FROM DOMINO'S EVER, EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It makes me SICK 2 even THINK that I ORDERED FROM U GUYS 2 WEEKS AGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
U guys service SUCKS ASS anyway!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
c(: ------ *GAGGING!!!*

Posted by: Shelly | Apr 14, 2009 11:48:29 PM

Wtf. I can understand (not really but kinda) doing stupid shit to a customers food who was an ass to you, but their could have been kids eating that crap. I'll stick with papa murphy's, you get to watch them make your food.

Posted by: Marley | Apr 14, 2009 11:52:05 PM

I hope she rots in jail! I am sure she is on probation because she is a registered sex offender! http://ncfindoffender.com/details.aspx?SRN=016454S11

Posted by: Sexy Shelby | Apr 14, 2009 11:54:18 PM

dirty fucking pricks

Posted by: ezy-e | Apr 14, 2009 11:57:06 PM

Fake sneeze? He still poked his finger in it. I doubt they are good enough "actors" for this to be fake. Like they are going to make a whole new sandwich or cheesybread when it's quite clearly on the make line and they've wasted that much time already. The excuse of it being fake only comes up as they don't want to be charged with tampering with food.

They are morons and they've been busted. Now they have to answer for it. The only way to prove it was fake is either from unedited parts of the video or store surveillance if they have it.

Posted by: Tim | Apr 15, 2009 12:00:41 AM

even if it was a jokee theirrr dickheads for puting it on youtubee .. thats the stupidestt thingg.. obviously they were going to get in shitt and lose their jobs. so they deserve wat they get ! by all means.

Posted by: shanniiiceeee | Apr 15, 2009 12:08:37 AM

Total scumbags... The girl, Kristy Hammonds is a registered sex offender on 24 months of probation. I don't think this will end well for her.

Posted by: Darin | Apr 15, 2009 12:09:39 AM