RECENT  POSTS:  » Lisa Kudrow thinks my website title is modest, at best » Do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded mission of destruction? » MassResistance's hilarious fourteen-point plan for reinstating marriage discrimination: Get really, really nasty » Concerned Women For America finally learns to call out anti-gay rhetoric » 'Rivka Edelman' responds to me via one of the most bizarre comments I've ever read » Just going to another vendor isn't always easy, isn't good basis for sound policy » Pat Robertson: People who believe in fair nondiscrimination law are 'terrorists, radicals, and extremists' » In which another anti-gay group forces politicos to Gladys Kravitz our way into one family's divorce drama » In 2008, the AFA was the same on LGBT rights as President Obama; and I was a flying unicorn » The Hitching Post plot thickens in a truly remarkable way

04/13/2009

Video: Let the Domino's appall as they may

We of course never want to see anyone fired because they are gay. We do, however, fully support gays being fired if/when they do this:

At one time it was founder and former owner Tom Monaghan's socially conservative (read: anti-gay) work that served as the primary reason why gays might want to avoid this place. But ya know, nose-cheese and sneeze-lami have just replaced politics as modern reasons why one might instead choose Papa John's!

***OH SO MUCH MORE:

**UPDATE: From Domino's corporate:

Thank you for bringing these to our attention. I don’t have the words to say how repulsed I am by this – other than to say that these two individuals do not represent that 125,000 people in 60 countries who work hard every day to make good food and provide great customer service. I’ve turned this over to our security department. We will find them. There are far too many clues that will allow us to determine their location quite easily.

Regards,

Tim McIntyre

Vice President, Communications

Domino's Pizza, LLC

***

*Note: We should say that we fully understand that this is not a representative incident that speaks to the company's usual operations. But that out of the way, we should also say: FRICKIN' GROSS, MAN!

**UPDATE, 4/14: More from corporate:

Hi, Jeremy.

We just got off the phone with the franchise owner, who was absolutely dumbfounded by this. He has told us that he will be terminating their employment effective immediately. We suggested that he call them and get a written statement from them, asking them to “explain” (to the extent anyone can, really) their actions. We are also seeking legal counsel to see what kind of action we can take against them for damage to the brand.

You are welcome to use anything I’ve sent to you in the past 24 hours. I do want to thank you for bringing this to our attention…I just wish it hadn’t been posted so prominently on your web site…while it was certainly fair game, it does hurt the company and the thousands of people we employ in this country whether it’s intended or not.

Regards,

Tim

Tim McIntyre
Vice President, Communications
Domino's Pizza, LLC

We respond:

Hey Tim: Don't shoot the messenger, buddy!

*Note: Mr. Mcintyre has clarified, saying that he didn't mean to blame this site for posting the vids. He just meant to say that he wishes, in theory, that they had never come to light since they can lead folks to make unfair, blanket judgement of the company. And we actually agree with him on that point -- it is unfair for anyone to parlay this one incident into a sweeping attack against the chain as a whole.

**UPDATE, 4/15: Wow, this thing got big: Health officials inspect Conover Domino's [WCNC]

**UPDATE, 4/16: Domino's takes to the same video site that screwed them: Please think of cheesy bread, not snot [G-A-Y]

If anyone thinks this stuff happens "all the time" you are wrong. I have worked in food service half my life and have come across only a few maniacs that have the gall to tamper with food and it's usually in retaliation for a bad tip or other problem. And of the ones who've gone that far, they don't last long because other employees will narc them out or the job just frustrates them too much and they quit.

This happening all the time is about as realistic is delivery drivers getting laid by lonely house wives all the time. You can't keep a kitchen that clean and have a staff of irresponsible idiots like that. I've seen the kitchens of local Taco Bell's and KFC's and am heavily disturbed food is made in such filthy dungeons.

The worst thing most employees will do if they don't like a customer is make the food late or shake up your soda.

Posted by: Tim | Apr 15, 2009 12:15:10 AM

health code violations? Law suits?

Posted by: Josh | Apr 15, 2009 12:15:41 AM

The kid is really cute though, and has a nice butt too.

Posted by: Gennadi | Apr 15, 2009 12:53:34 AM

These employees have "I WANT TO BE SUED, I LIKE A BAD REPUTATION!" written all over them.I still like Pizza Hut besides this place, but now im not certain and now am distacing myself more and more from it because of crap like this. But Subway SHOULD get everyone's choice because they prep the food right there in front of you, but im not certain before they bring it out in the prep-trays. It's also a very bad time for knuckleheads like this to be job-less, and I hope for them, FOR LIFE!

Posted by: ElStuddo | Apr 15, 2009 1:06:36 AM

that's what you get when you eat fast food. I spit in all the bid macs i make too. Enjoy, America!

Posted by: duane | Apr 15, 2009 1:46:59 AM

One can only hope they spend the rest of their lives checking their food, wondering what someone may have put in it to get them back. Truly disgusting human beings.
Public flogging comes directly to mind.

Posted by: Grimmer | Apr 15, 2009 1:51:50 AM

This is truely disgusting. These people are complete scumbags. Dominoes and other fast food chains need to take this very seriously. It is a public health threat And just plain disgusting. I will be eating at home from now on unless I go to a place where they Prepare the food infront of my eyes. Restaurant kitchens should be under surveilance and have somebody watching to make sure nothing like this ever happens.

Posted by: johnk | Apr 15, 2009 2:13:30 AM

I don't care as long as they're not hurting animals, now who would take food from such creeps?? I would throw anything i ordered in their faces they look so creepy, like perverts

Posted by: pitty | Apr 15, 2009 2:15:47 AM

DISGUSTED: I am absolutely disgusted and sick to my stomach watching this ferral behaviour!

This has so put me off pizza , i am never going to dominos again. Even though(Kristy the girl filming claims these sandwiches were never sent out to customer's ,) I don't beleive it for one minute, they sure as hell were sent out ! How many more pizzas and sandwiches are infected with toxic filth by employees ? That's it Pizza huts are OFF my list for good!

Posted by: Kathy | Apr 15, 2009 2:21:28 AM

Ok i can see doing that to a rude customer but if that guy didn't do anything to them then thats some really fucked up shit.

Posted by: Justin | Apr 15, 2009 2:29:55 AM

It seems highly likely, even certain that they will face felony charges related to tampering with food. I expect they have gone a ways toward ruining their lives. I believe they should serve some jail time. They are the dregs of society.

Posted by: Jon | Apr 15, 2009 2:37:59 AM

I'm glad these vids were posted. THANK YOU.
Don't we, as patrons of dominoes have the right to know what goes on in the back of the kitchen??

these deranged heartless psychos, will have a hard time finding a job in their sad young future.
They deserve what they get.

Posted by: Elle | Apr 15, 2009 2:46:49 AM

a PRANK?

I recall seeing a strange male breathing on food that was going to be consumed by a patron.
A prank?

Then they just wasted dominoes money just to play these idiotic pranks.

Posted by: Elle | Apr 15, 2009 2:53:12 AM

You know what's sad about this?
That these completely disgusting people can find jobs, and I can't find a single one and I'm 17! I value work, I would never EVER do this let alone bring a camera to work. Bad judgment for hiring these people don't even value their jobs!

Posted by: Alisha | Apr 15, 2009 2:53:29 AM

Guys, apparently consumerist only contacted a regional VP in charge of that specific Dominos's pizza store. The head office does not have a clue this incident happened nor provided any public apology concerning to this matter. Hearing from internet users like us, the regional VP actually pulled the video from the youtube himself to keep the head corporate in the dark. He obtained the video's login information before firing the now, ex-employees.

Below is a list of individual email contacts of Domino's top management. Also, I've grouped them together for you to copy and paste to send all in the bottom.

Please help and protect consumers like us and let their corporate headquarter know.

(Regional VP in discussion Tim McIntyre) +1-734-930-3563, tim.mcintyre@dominos.com
(Executive Vice President of Communications) Lynn Liddle, +1-734-930-3008 (email's below)

David A. Brandon David.brandon@dominos.com

Executive Vice President and Chief Information Officer

L. David Mounts David.mounts@dominos.com
Executive Vice President, Supply Chain Services

Kenneth B. Rollin Kennth.rollin@dominos.com
Executive Vice President, General Counsel

Asi M. Sheikh Asi.sheikh@dominos.com
Executive Vice President, Team U.S.A.

James G. Stansik James.stansik@dominos.com

Dennis F. Hightower Dennis.hightower@dominos.com
Director

Mark E. Nunnelly Mark.nunnelly@dominos.com
Director

Robert M. Rosenberg Robert.rosenberg@dominos.com
Director

Copy and paste below to send to all:
David.brandon@dominos.com;Wendy.beck@dominos.com;Patrick.doyle@dominos.com;Scott.hinshow@dominos.com;Micheal.lawton@dominos.com;Lynn.liddle@dominos.com;Christopher.mcglothlin@dominos.com; David.mounts@dominos.com; Kennth.rollin@dominos.com; Asi.sheikh@dominos.com; James.stansik@dominos.com; Russell.weiner@dominos.com; Patricia.wilmot@dominos.com; Andrew.balson@dominos.com; Diana.cantor@dominos.com;vernon.hamilton@dominos.com; Dennis.hightower@dominos.com; Mark.nunnelly@dominos.com; Robert.rosenberg@dominos.com

Posted by: pizzalover | Apr 15, 2009 3:31:04 AM

ha! this would be the shit if they were targeting deserving customers.. random people now thats just fucked up.. firing wont hurt and they didnt really do anything illegal. if u get pissed about this, trust me its not as bad as what the government is putting in food

Posted by: brian | Apr 15, 2009 3:41:32 AM

i am NEVER NEVER NEVER eating at dominos or any other fast food place after this.

absolutely disgusting.

Posted by: Donna | Apr 15, 2009 3:41:57 AM

ha! this would be the funny if they were targeting deserving customers.. random people now thats just mess'd up.. firing wont hurt and they didnt really do anything illegal. if u get pissed about this, trust me its not as bad as what the government is putting in food

Posted by: brian | Apr 15, 2009 3:42:24 AM

i reckon it is dominos fault to that something of this magnitude has happened as in most fast food chain outlets now have cctv to watch over staff and customers to prevent bad behaviour as such as this. obviously they decided it wasent nesacery to have cctv as a mis fortune of this poor customers had to endure eating the crap. i think what ever happens the company its self also should take responsability of this situation. and not let it happen again like banning the use of cameras in thier fast food chains and instal cctv cameras so that if this happens again by some one else it can be prevented. and i hope the induviduals responsable get there camera conviscated and a prision term of no less than 3 years each and comunity service of scrubbing the streets for 2 years and a prevention order stopping them from getting a job for at least 10 years and a £2.000 fine i think that would be more than fair.ittl teach the dumb k*nts that we dont take sh*t from any one.

Posted by: jason | Apr 15, 2009 3:53:09 AM

There is no doubt that this is absolutely repulsive, but do you people honestly believe this doesn't happen in thousands of food service establishments throughout the world everyday? Come on!

Posted by: Fuck Off | Apr 15, 2009 4:08:06 AM

If this was a 'prank' and not real. Then maybe they should just get on with their jobs and do what they're paid to be doing. Not taking the mick out of the company and wasting time making ridiculous videos. These people should definitely be fired at least!

Posted by: Vix | Apr 15, 2009 4:28:50 AM

This is more then Gross but I also know it happens more then We all think it does and I think When an Employee is found out for doing such things, they should be sent to Jail, Do Community Service (NOT FOOD SERVICE, DUH) and have it on there work record for LIFE, Cause they will do it again. What the heck is wrong with People? I know you don't get paid much but dang it pays the bills and it seemed like He was working while he was playing so it wasn't like he didn't care, it was kinda like her egging him on, He is NOT a Leader, He is a Follower and it's plain gross to see 2 people doing such a sick thing to someone's food. Hope someone is doing it to them right now

Posted by: Julie Ann | Apr 15, 2009 4:48:34 AM

ughh i feel sick

Posted by: . | Apr 15, 2009 4:54:13 AM

Becky, how dumb. Even if it was prank has the history of videos that have gotten leaked and gotten people into trouble not proven ANYTHING to anyone? Whether food was sent out or not (which no one can now prove so that statement is void), employees were certainly not doing what they were supposed to be doing and certainly not behaving in an appropriate manner on work premises... furthermore, you just blatantly admitted that food was wasted for absolute stupidity. It's a privilege, but these two have abused the privilege.

Posted by: dmdv | Apr 15, 2009 6:11:48 AM

lol

Posted by: Alleystir | Apr 15, 2009 6:13:12 AM

that really made me sick, u fellows really need not work in anything to do with food , its a shame really , i will not be buying pizzas from dominos now as every time i place an order all i can c is your stupid face wearing those shirts. sorry dominos but u really need to screen the people u get to work for u...... sik, sik, sik

Posted by: trina | Apr 15, 2009 6:16:10 AM

Normally I hate when an example is made of someone, as far as punishment goes, but I think in this case - Domino's NEEDS to make an example and make a giant lawsuit out of this and do so in public. It would stop it from happening so much. You have to remember - for every video you see like this, it happens 100 times and no one films it.

Posted by: Disturbed | Apr 15, 2009 7:11:31 AM

I was highly entertained by the whole fiasco.

Posted by: Angela Channing | Apr 15, 2009 7:43:47 AM

o m g this is disgusting....i had to run to the bathroom and puke!

Posted by: Brian | Apr 15, 2009 7:47:36 AM

REALLY?! This is horrible! It really makes you wonder about the food you eat. I never thought I'd have to worry about who made my food - but apparently you do.

Posted by: Steven | Apr 15, 2009 8:02:12 AM