RECENT  POSTS:  » Riiiiiiight, FRC. And 'Desperate Housewives' is still TV's hot new show, too » After death do us part: Indignity of Idaho's marriage ban threatens lesbian veteran's final wishes » NOM's Chair to Oregon: We have a right to tell courts our personal, conservative Catholic opinions! » Nice try, anti-equality movement, but the lesbian 'throuple' story makes our argument, not yours » Jonah Goldberg can't see the hornets' nest for its hornets » Video: Male on mail » Jodie Foster in 2013: 'I am'; Jodie Foster in 2014: 'I do' » AFA promotes its new app in only way it knows how » Robert Oscar Lopez says I perform 'psychological operations routine' on him when I quote his own words from his own web site » Matt Barber's ever-classy site suggests gay people are literally crushing fellow humans

04/13/2009

Video: Let the Domino's appall as they may

We of course never want to see anyone fired because they are gay. We do, however, fully support gays being fired if/when they do this:

At one time it was founder and former owner Tom Monaghan's socially conservative (read: anti-gay) work that served as the primary reason why gays might want to avoid this place. But ya know, nose-cheese and sneeze-lami have just replaced politics as modern reasons why one might instead choose Papa John's!

***OH SO MUCH MORE:

**UPDATE: From Domino's corporate:

Thank you for bringing these to our attention. I don’t have the words to say how repulsed I am by this – other than to say that these two individuals do not represent that 125,000 people in 60 countries who work hard every day to make good food and provide great customer service. I’ve turned this over to our security department. We will find them. There are far too many clues that will allow us to determine their location quite easily.

Regards,

Tim McIntyre

Vice President, Communications

Domino's Pizza, LLC

***

*Note: We should say that we fully understand that this is not a representative incident that speaks to the company's usual operations. But that out of the way, we should also say: FRICKIN' GROSS, MAN!

**UPDATE, 4/14: More from corporate:

Hi, Jeremy.

We just got off the phone with the franchise owner, who was absolutely dumbfounded by this. He has told us that he will be terminating their employment effective immediately. We suggested that he call them and get a written statement from them, asking them to “explain” (to the extent anyone can, really) their actions. We are also seeking legal counsel to see what kind of action we can take against them for damage to the brand.

You are welcome to use anything I’ve sent to you in the past 24 hours. I do want to thank you for bringing this to our attention…I just wish it hadn’t been posted so prominently on your web site…while it was certainly fair game, it does hurt the company and the thousands of people we employ in this country whether it’s intended or not.

Regards,

Tim

Tim McIntyre
Vice President, Communications
Domino's Pizza, LLC

We respond:

Hey Tim: Don't shoot the messenger, buddy!

*Note: Mr. Mcintyre has clarified, saying that he didn't mean to blame this site for posting the vids. He just meant to say that he wishes, in theory, that they had never come to light since they can lead folks to make unfair, blanket judgement of the company. And we actually agree with him on that point -- it is unfair for anyone to parlay this one incident into a sweeping attack against the chain as a whole.

**UPDATE, 4/15: Wow, this thing got big: Health officials inspect Conover Domino's [WCNC]

**UPDATE, 4/16: Domino's takes to the same video site that screwed them: Please think of cheesy bread, not snot [G-A-Y]

I worked at Domino's as a teenager (at the time, it was the best paying job in town for someone my age with no experience), and while I didn't agree with many corporate policies, I never saw anything like that... what the hellis WRONG with people??? and how frickin *stupid* are they that it didn't occur to them that they might get caught?!

Posted by: AliKat | Apr 15, 2009 8:22:08 AM

As hard as it is, to get a job, I cr=ertainly hope these two just won the lottery, Cause who is going to hire them now. Obviously, they are of age to know better( over 2 YRS old)
I am apalled at this! I am starting to work for a Pizza Company next week in Management, & I am sickened by such actions,

Posted by: LISA | Apr 15, 2009 8:46:32 AM

Good thing I live in NYC where I can see the pizza being made from start to finish!

Posted by: NYC | Apr 15, 2009 9:11:32 AM

Wow, well thats what you get with low wage slave jobs, but I hope these people are made famous in a bad way.

Posted by: Well Well Well | Apr 15, 2009 9:11:58 AM

hmmm.. i never eat dominos. i dnt really like big name places like that too much. pizza bars are better :)
can someone take one of the vids and edit it into something funny? ;)

Posted by: eva | Apr 15, 2009 9:12:48 AM

I have to say, I completely believe this is not representative of the Dominos Brand, HOWEVER, I will not be able to order from them for quite some time. I simply won't be able to stomach the visual in my head. I really hope there is some way the company is able take legal action, this really will hurt the brand. Shame on those workers.

Posted by: Dan | Apr 15, 2009 9:40:29 AM

something make me want to punch that woman in the face.

"i'm gay too!!"

yeah fuck you, you fucking dyke.

Posted by: derek | Apr 15, 2009 9:41:43 AM

Disgusting. These two should never be hired again ANYWHERE.

Posted by: Trott Felipe | Apr 15, 2009 9:42:53 AM

I have always said that white people are nasty animals, worthy of the name genuine and authentic non-affectation. Existing objectively in the world regardless of subjectivity or conventions of thought or language, a film based on real life, practical matters and concerns. Not to be taken lightly; serious: we are in real trouble, and the proof is in the pupping.

Posted by: William | Apr 15, 2009 9:49:49 AM

Don't take it out on the customers (unless they are assholes), sabotage the business.

Posted by: Fake Name | Apr 15, 2009 10:04:30 AM

Morons, all they had to do was stick ingredients on a pie, run it through an oven and stick it in a box. Even that proved to be above their ability.

Perhaps they can find jobs as toilet cleaners after they have answered to a judge for their crimes. That may satisfy the young man's anal fixation if prison does not satiate it.

Posted by: gus | Apr 15, 2009 10:07:51 AM

is this all these hill billies do with there lives ?

Posted by: john | Apr 15, 2009 10:11:21 AM

these people should get charged with disorderly conduct or endangering public health or something so when they apply to any new job (God forbid its a restaurant)they have to check and explain the "yes" box when asked if they've ever been convicted of a crime. this is disgusting and really disappointing.

Posted by: giax | Apr 15, 2009 10:20:50 AM

I'll never be able to order Domino's again and not think of this. The damage to the brand in my family's eyes is distroyed, just like the lives of the two dumb asses who did this.

Posted by: S Smith | Apr 15, 2009 10:21:24 AM

Dominoes founder is a religious extremist cult leader no different from Iran's Ayatollahs. I would never buy their pizza, anyway.

Posted by: Thomas Mc | Apr 15, 2009 10:45:46 AM

Domino's is f_cking disgusting.

The pizza sucks. it sucks, it's terrible and disgusting, it's not pizza, it's not real cheese, the sauce is very sugary, the bread (can't be called "crust") is like a supermarket hoagie roll.

plus patrons of this company are supporting the Catholic Reich and diminishing the rights of men and women worldwide.

Posted by: Brian | Apr 15, 2009 10:48:33 AM

the naivety of the average man in the world is truly astounding. if you had any idea how most of the food you eat was made... well lets just say America's weight problem would be drastically reduced. and im honestly appalled by the comments about things being gross or nasty, if you eat processed foods, you are more than likely eating foods that have preservatives that slow or even halt the enzymatic process. if you dont understand what this means, you are part of the problem our species is having today. thanks, and remember you cant learn while you are speaking.

Posted by: chimmeychango | Apr 15, 2009 10:51:46 AM

does anyone know the peoples names? last too?

Posted by: b | Apr 15, 2009 10:52:46 AM

I'll never eat dominoes again. How do scrub my mind of this?

Posted by: sanmar | Apr 15, 2009 10:54:49 AM

Why are you making a big deal about him being gay?

Posted by: | Apr 15, 2009 11:18:42 AM

I swear to god if I saw these ***** out............

Posted by: Stlouisx50 | Apr 15, 2009 11:23:41 AM

These are such cute HIGHLARIOUS videos! They both are phenomenal actors!
Its comical how people think that because you're inbred redneck hillbillies living in bumf*ck loser land that they would do anything that they wouldn't do in their own home!
There is nothing wrong with comedy, anus hole comedy, body excrection comedy, or any other type of comedy!
These two are to be commendended for bringing humor to an otherwise humorless society.
Also note that no homeless people or animals were hurt by ANY of this.

Posted by: Alvin Steffey Dallas Fashion is my LIFE | Apr 15, 2009 11:26:18 AM

Kristy Lynn Hammonds is a registered sex offender, still on probation in NC: http://ncfindoffender.com/details.aspx?SRN=016454S11

Posted by: Sandy | Apr 15, 2009 11:30:35 AM

And this is why I try to always eat at home so I can cook my own food. Lets face it if your working at a fast food establishment your either a teenager or a total loser that can't get a decent job. It's very rare when someone at a similar establishment is intelligent and actually cares about their job. Whether this was a joke or not these people should without a doubt be fired and also prosecuted for whatever the law allows, this is sick.

Posted by: Heather | Apr 15, 2009 11:33:13 AM

@BUMBLB3...and this proves what? So what they have a good and clean rating. That have nothing to do with the 2 NASTY workers. You sound so stupid. That just like saying a rapist is a good preacher and father...he still a rapist. Just like the 2 workers is discussing. I will never eat dominoes pizza again. I'm sure this will be happening at many other pizza places; just to out do this one. NASTY, just plain NASTY!!!

Posted by: BabygirlPebbles | Apr 15, 2009 11:44:54 AM

another reason to cook your own damn food at home, people, besides the savings!

Posted by: hubert | Apr 15, 2009 11:54:58 AM

I will never eat fast food again.

Posted by: totally grossed out | Apr 15, 2009 11:55:53 AM

bet they gave the poster of this video money to keep quiet

Posted by: Time | Apr 15, 2009 11:57:58 AM

@BabygirlPebbles .... what are you talking about, you idiot? I was adding additional proof that the Domino's was the Domino's in question by cross-referencing the photo with the website. I wasn't trying to say they are clean because of the rating. But thanks for coming out!

Posted by: BUMBLB3 | Apr 15, 2009 12:11:07 PM

Does this guy look familiar?

Posted by: Christina | Apr 15, 2009 12:21:05 PM