RECENT  POSTS:  » Miami-Dade Circuit judge rules state marriage ban unconstitutional; stays ruling » Video: With marriage equality, Texas could put in a pool at the Alamo » CWA ably demonstrates ludicrousness of American Christian right's persecution complex » Video: CBS News hosts '50 Years Later, Civil Rights;' includes marriage equality, obviously » Audio: White House? Nah. But in race for most anti-gay House member, Bachmann a strong contender » Brian Brown is the victim, y'all. How many times does he have to tell you? » Congrats, gay activists—Bryan Fischer has found new group for his weekly 'Nazi' branding » Maggie Gallagher: Sexual orientation is 'more akin to religion' than to race » NOM is totally popular (*in Ethiopia) » What constitutes 'absolute pure evil' in the eyes of Liberty University dean?

04/13/2009

Video: Let the Domino's appall as they may

We of course never want to see anyone fired because they are gay. We do, however, fully support gays being fired if/when they do this:

At one time it was founder and former owner Tom Monaghan's socially conservative (read: anti-gay) work that served as the primary reason why gays might want to avoid this place. But ya know, nose-cheese and sneeze-lami have just replaced politics as modern reasons why one might instead choose Papa John's!

***OH SO MUCH MORE:

**UPDATE: From Domino's corporate:

Thank you for bringing these to our attention. I don’t have the words to say how repulsed I am by this – other than to say that these two individuals do not represent that 125,000 people in 60 countries who work hard every day to make good food and provide great customer service. I’ve turned this over to our security department. We will find them. There are far too many clues that will allow us to determine their location quite easily.

Regards,

Tim McIntyre

Vice President, Communications

Domino's Pizza, LLC

***

*Note: We should say that we fully understand that this is not a representative incident that speaks to the company's usual operations. But that out of the way, we should also say: FRICKIN' GROSS, MAN!

**UPDATE, 4/14: More from corporate:

Hi, Jeremy.

We just got off the phone with the franchise owner, who was absolutely dumbfounded by this. He has told us that he will be terminating their employment effective immediately. We suggested that he call them and get a written statement from them, asking them to “explain” (to the extent anyone can, really) their actions. We are also seeking legal counsel to see what kind of action we can take against them for damage to the brand.

You are welcome to use anything I’ve sent to you in the past 24 hours. I do want to thank you for bringing this to our attention…I just wish it hadn’t been posted so prominently on your web site…while it was certainly fair game, it does hurt the company and the thousands of people we employ in this country whether it’s intended or not.

Regards,

Tim

Tim McIntyre
Vice President, Communications
Domino's Pizza, LLC

We respond:

Hey Tim: Don't shoot the messenger, buddy!

*Note: Mr. Mcintyre has clarified, saying that he didn't mean to blame this site for posting the vids. He just meant to say that he wishes, in theory, that they had never come to light since they can lead folks to make unfair, blanket judgement of the company. And we actually agree with him on that point -- it is unfair for anyone to parlay this one incident into a sweeping attack against the chain as a whole.

**UPDATE, 4/15: Wow, this thing got big: Health officials inspect Conover Domino's [WCNC]

**UPDATE, 4/16: Domino's takes to the same video site that screwed them: Please think of cheesy bread, not snot [G-A-Y]

Saw this link somewhere, turns out the female in the video is a registered sex offender.

Posted by: ktd | Apr 15, 2009 12:24:12 PM

This video is really disgusting, I will never order another Domino's pizza ever. Before anyone does something like this again, I hope they think of the consequences and the lost of future business and jobs to the american people. In todays economy, we can't afford to risk any more jobs available to our people.

Posted by: Connie | Apr 15, 2009 12:24:15 PM

I think its really interesting that with the advent of easy, ubiquitous communication channels like YouTube, the power of maintaining a multi-billion dollar corporation's public image can be taken from the highly paid PR processionals and placed in the hands of juvenile, minimum wage employees.

How does a company protect itself from that?

Posted by: john | Apr 15, 2009 12:42:08 PM

Oh, and I guess the natural extension to that question is *should* brand image be left in the hands of a small group of individuals? That's the old/current way. Are we entering an age where, because of the freedom and pervasiveness of public communication, trying to completely control a company's image is a futile effort?

Posted by: john | Apr 15, 2009 12:44:36 PM

this is why i dislike queers as well as immigrants.

Posted by: tanko | Apr 15, 2009 1:04:31 PM

They look like hateros to me.

Posted by: Jack M | Apr 15, 2009 2:10:01 PM

if i find either of them i have a nice sharp machete ill wipe his ass with.

Posted by: blow me | Apr 15, 2009 2:17:15 PM

they screwed her... shes a sexual offender now. hahahah.

Posted by: anonymous | Apr 15, 2009 2:49:41 PM

Um, yeah this happened in Tennessee around 1990. and New York before that. That's what Dominoes is. Piss, boogers, turds and semen.

Posted by: Robbie | Apr 15, 2009 2:49:59 PM

oh here is the link btw...

Posted by: anonymous | Apr 15, 2009 2:50:55 PM

they seriously need to be prosecuted. then maybe idiots who think it's funny to follow in their footsteps will think twice. what the hell is going on with people today? and to think that is funny is just sick! their names should be posted everywhere and they should NEVER be allowed to work anywhere near food again. what would they do if they worked in a convalescent home? sick asses!!

Posted by: fay | Apr 15, 2009 3:00:40 PM

Okay first let me say this is gross. The whole butt sponge was just to much. And did anyone else think that girl was stupid as hell? I hope they get fired they dont deserve to work. I mean can people not make a honest living anymore???

Posted by: Carla | Apr 15, 2009 3:05:32 PM

That is messed up. I think this all happens in south a lot as i used to live there. Not anymore. Where I live, all the pizza places have clear view as to watch the workers do everything they do. I personally think the worker at our local domino's are much professional than this. The girl in this video need to be a girl, not be a no-respect person. Any normal girl would find this disgusting. If any girl thinks that this is funny, get the hell away from me. I'm a guy btw.

Posted by: nik | Apr 15, 2009 3:14:15 PM

I don't think the company should just be concerned with it being posted on just this website. If you look up "Dominos Employees" it is posted up all over Youtube.

Posted by: JarethsMommy | Apr 15, 2009 3:50:50 PM

As no one else has mentioned this, the "manager...in the back reading the paper, like he always does", is the larger problem for the Dominoes organization. Perhaps if he/she had been actually "managing" these people, they would learn to respect their careers. Obviously, the manager, who gets paid more than the staff, doesn't even respect his own career. Why should they respect theirs.

Also, while I'm at it, the employer/employee relationship in the US has been trashed by short-sighted upper managers who only cares about quarterly earnings reports. If corporate America still viewed employees as one of three consituencies (i.e., customers, employees, stockholders)this type of job could actually be considered a "career". Until corporate boards wake up to the missing leg (employees) on the three legged stool, organizations will continue to crumble.

Posted by: mark | Apr 15, 2009 4:16:38 PM

Too late. I've already made a blanket judgment. It's ironic that I went on a 4 mile walk yesterday and I was thinking of buying some Dominoes but I din't because I am trying to live a healthier lifestyle. While I haven't given up fast food completely, I WILL NOT be eating Dominoes. Its not to say that I'm naive enough to think that it doesn't happen at other places, but for me and many like me its always out of sight, out of mind. What I saw on those videos was enough for me. I cannot imagine ever eating their food again. I'd look at it and be reminded on the nastiness I ust saw. I wrote corporate and told them so.

Posted by: Candy | Apr 15, 2009 4:40:35 PM

dumb bitch couldnt even read

Posted by: andrew | Apr 15, 2009 5:30:00 PM

it s disgusting what you r doing for the pizza ...i did not see more..but i think your really coucou

Posted by: SALOME | Apr 15, 2009 5:45:41 PM

c est honteux de votre part de ce que vous faites c est degueulasse shame on you

Posted by: SALOME | Apr 15, 2009 5:47:34 PM

it s so disgusting what your doing in the pizza ... i don t need to see more -shame on you- you r mean people , c est degueulasse hope one day people do that to you espece de pork

Posted by: SALOME | Apr 15, 2009 5:58:37 PM

Ms. Hammond has some nerve claiming copyright privileges when she posted the videos in the first place, plus she really is a sex offender. See what happens when you give them a second chance? She's living amongst good citizens and helping to contaminate their food as well as molest their children. Don't they have sex offender ordinances in NC???

Posted by: Candy | Apr 15, 2009 5:59:42 PM

even for a joke Cristie had not to do that your mean and disgusting people that s all

Posted by: SALOME | Apr 15, 2009 6:01:27 PM

go in hell both for spitting on the pizza and... putting stuff on your nose before serving people ... all your doing , it s not really< funny. what mean people you are boy- disgusting, nauseating

Posted by: SALOME | Apr 15, 2009 6:10:09 PM

I hope he goes to prison and finds a big man named buba, to ream out his ass, daily..

Posted by: gigi | Apr 15, 2009 6:16:03 PM

only way to prevent this is to get off your ass and make your own goddamned food.

Posted by: rob | Apr 15, 2009 6:24:19 PM

i can't believe these are the kinds of people that I am competing for work for.

Posted by: reaps | Apr 15, 2009 6:28:16 PM

At a time when there are so many decent people looking for employment these idiots abuse their opportunity to make a living. I realize that food service does not pay well, however, it is a job. These two idiots need to be pursued to the farthest extent of the law. Shame on you!

Posted by: Charlie | Apr 15, 2009 6:33:43 PM

These two idiots are now in jail under a $7,500.00 bond and could face 4 months up to 1 year in jail..

Posted by: Carla | Apr 15, 2009 7:07:09 PM

This is sick! I have never seen anyone in my life be so discusting. If my kids/family had eaten there... I would sue the idiots in the movie, plus the dominoes. Where was the manager??? This had to take some time to make these videos. Why was a camera brought in? Thank God the camera was aloud in this case, but... red flag!!!
And too, who thinks this was a prank??? hello!!! It is on video... dummies. If you watched the same thing I saw, some *SShole whipped his *SS WITH A SPONGE, THEN WASHED A PAN. What did he do with that pan? trash it? Sure HE DID!
It was just on my news saying the food was sent out to costumers. I feel so sorry for the ppl who ate this nastiness.. imagine the kids! OMG,Im soooo mad!
Restuarants need cameras! The managers need to pay attention!
I feel better eating at Kobes or Makotes, I can see what their doing with my food there.
I hope these ppl pay big for what they have done!
This place should have shut down, I WOULD NEVER EAT THERE!

Posted by: Shelley | Apr 15, 2009 7:20:16 PM

Restuarants need cameras! The managers need to pay attention!
I hope these ppl pay big for what they have done!
This place should have shut down, I WOULD NEVER EAT THERE!

Posted by: Shelley | Apr 15, 2009 7:20:33 PM