RECENT  POSTS:  » Scott Lively equates accurately noting his public record with inciting murder » Audio: Mark Regnerus doesn't think marriage equality has 'a lot of gas left' » Friday: NOM president shares the bill with 'ex-gay' activists » Today in 'um, yeah, obviously': Stunt marriages not confined to opposite-sex partnerships » Video: Brian Brown's fellow panelist gives insight into Moscow panel's extreme views on homosexuality, marriage » Video: TN man condemns gays with Leviticus billboards; oddly allows local Red Lobsters to remain open » Video: 'Ex-gay' speaker at upcoming ERLC summit equates talking to gay people with talking to cancer patients » GLAAD: Mainstream media is catching on to NOM's broader agenda » FRC's Values Voter Summit puts anti-gay bakers on a marriage panel; so we won, basically » GOP front group NOM raising money for a GOP US Senate

04/13/2009

Video: Let the Domino's appall as they may

We of course never want to see anyone fired because they are gay. We do, however, fully support gays being fired if/when they do this:

At one time it was founder and former owner Tom Monaghan's socially conservative (read: anti-gay) work that served as the primary reason why gays might want to avoid this place. But ya know, nose-cheese and sneeze-lami have just replaced politics as modern reasons why one might instead choose Papa John's!

***OH SO MUCH MORE:

**UPDATE: From Domino's corporate:

Thank you for bringing these to our attention. I don’t have the words to say how repulsed I am by this – other than to say that these two individuals do not represent that 125,000 people in 60 countries who work hard every day to make good food and provide great customer service. I’ve turned this over to our security department. We will find them. There are far too many clues that will allow us to determine their location quite easily.

Regards,

Tim McIntyre

Vice President, Communications

Domino's Pizza, LLC

***

*Note: We should say that we fully understand that this is not a representative incident that speaks to the company's usual operations. But that out of the way, we should also say: FRICKIN' GROSS, MAN!

**UPDATE, 4/14: More from corporate:

Hi, Jeremy.

We just got off the phone with the franchise owner, who was absolutely dumbfounded by this. He has told us that he will be terminating their employment effective immediately. We suggested that he call them and get a written statement from them, asking them to “explain” (to the extent anyone can, really) their actions. We are also seeking legal counsel to see what kind of action we can take against them for damage to the brand.

You are welcome to use anything I’ve sent to you in the past 24 hours. I do want to thank you for bringing this to our attention…I just wish it hadn’t been posted so prominently on your web site…while it was certainly fair game, it does hurt the company and the thousands of people we employ in this country whether it’s intended or not.

Regards,

Tim

Tim McIntyre
Vice President, Communications
Domino's Pizza, LLC

We respond:

Hey Tim: Don't shoot the messenger, buddy!

*Note: Mr. Mcintyre has clarified, saying that he didn't mean to blame this site for posting the vids. He just meant to say that he wishes, in theory, that they had never come to light since they can lead folks to make unfair, blanket judgement of the company. And we actually agree with him on that point -- it is unfair for anyone to parlay this one incident into a sweeping attack against the chain as a whole.

**UPDATE, 4/15: Wow, this thing got big: Health officials inspect Conover Domino's [WCNC]

**UPDATE, 4/16: Domino's takes to the same video site that screwed them: Please think of cheesy bread, not snot [G-A-Y]

Looks like the woman who made the video made a mistake in pursuing copyright claims on Youtube... She disclosed her full name in order to do so and as a result, Youtube pops up with a little helpful message telling us what it is.

Turns out she's a registered sexual offender. (For battery.)

Posted by: UhOh | Apr 16, 2009 1:48:31 AM

just dont eat fast food. Either that or some kick this guys face in. Whichever is easiest.

Posted by: Scott Ling | Apr 16, 2009 2:04:01 AM

As a customer I appreciate Tim's response and he clearly is concerned but something as important as this demands the direct public involvement of the President or CEO of the company.

What is Domino's doing to assure us that they will or can prevent this from happening again at other stores? What procedures are they going to put in place, training or even cameras? The people that did this are just STUPID. I care a lot less about them and their punishment (as they seem destine to be life losers) and more about how we will be protected.

Concerned

Posted by: Concerned | Apr 16, 2009 2:05:30 AM

That's it. Dominos is a big NO NO for me for life. I can also assure Dominos management that I will personally make sure that maximum number of people see the filth exposed in these videos.

Posted by: Anon | Apr 16, 2009 2:26:32 AM

I can't believe I just watched this. Gross.

Posted by: Just Loverly | Apr 16, 2009 2:43:23 AM

I thought this was an anti-discriminatory website? So what if Dominos supports Israel... Why is everyone against Israel now?

Posted by: Amber | Apr 16, 2009 4:44:19 AM

Cool, does this mean I can take down any company I want with a uniform and a video camera? There's a lot of potential out there. Gotta love youtube.

Posted by: Frank Hardy | Apr 16, 2009 5:04:04 AM

Dear Concerned,

I shat in your pasta last night. Enjoy!

Posted by: Bob | Apr 16, 2009 7:11:57 AM

What pisses me off is that woman she is even more of a douche bag than he is coz she's all smiley and laughing as if their's nothing wrong.I dont hit women but in her case I want to beat her to a pulp she's so fucking ugly.How would they like it if someone did what they were doing in their food

Posted by: Christian Knight | Apr 16, 2009 7:32:51 AM

This behaviour resulted from his homosexuality!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Joakim Danung | Apr 16, 2009 7:42:14 AM

Animals like these should be shot on site.Dominoes was always crap in Australia anyway and now I can bet it will also go bankrupt because of these filthy animals behavior.These is no place in jail for them but the electric chair

Posted by: John | Apr 16, 2009 7:56:33 AM

Yes, what's left behind on a GAY man's ass is what you want anywhere NEAR you. This idiot should be prosecuted criminally.

Posted by: Shannon | Apr 16, 2009 8:50:55 AM

This smells like an advertising/PR stunt using negative publicity to ultimately remind people Dominos offers sub sandwhiches. My guess is the whole thing was a INTENTIONALLY CREATED fake by Domino's advertising agency CP+B. They specialize in guerilla stunts like this for some of their clients like Burger King and Mini Cooper. This whole 'supposed YouTube fiasco' made the Advertising Age site opening page this morning...showing how Domino's has already made a viral video apology, giving us a hit count, etc. The numbers are good with over 700,000. So how low the ad agency will stoop next time to sell their rather new sub sandwich offering is anyone's guess. The advertising agency fooled the media. Good work.

Posted by: James Hale | Apr 16, 2009 8:51:24 AM

Disgusting that two morons would stoop this low for a prank or whatever passes as entertainment in their sad, pathetic lives.

Congratulations on screwing up whatever passed as a life because it's over.

31 and 32 is way too old for this idiocy.
Jail them both.
Guaranteed that these two will be working menial low wage jobs forever.

Karma!

Posted by: MoZambeek | Apr 16, 2009 9:00:07 AM

This is the sort of behavior I would expect from sodomites.

Posted by: Christopher Witmer | Apr 16, 2009 9:37:37 AM

REPLY TO WHYERHEAD:

"At NO time was any food or any food preparation area contaminated. NO food was ever sent out to any customers."

ARE YOU AN IDIOT? SO we are to assume that the crap infested sponge that scrubbed the oven tray was thrown away huh?

"Cristie was only filming and had no idea of what Michael was going to do."

How can you NOT know what someone is doing when you have at LEAST5 - 10 minutes of several different disgusting acts? Wouldn't you think after the first one she'd realize he was doing nasty things? Get real.

Posted by: Neo | Apr 16, 2009 10:01:39 AM

I love the posting by 'whyerhead' defending them.
Say what you want, but no matter how much you clean the pan, it was still wiped with an ass sponge.
Whomever posted it is a moron and deserves to get in trouble.
You can believe all you want that they didn't send those orders out, but unless you were there, you'd never know.

Posted by: King4Day | Apr 16, 2009 10:05:26 AM

tht is gross they all need fired, and make them eat the food

Posted by: julie | Apr 16, 2009 10:39:05 AM

I see a lot of Domino's bashing here and I just wanted to remind everyone that if you think these types of incidents are limited to Domino's you are sadly mistaken. Stuff like this goes on at thousands of fast food restaurants every day. Don't think that by eating Pizza Hut instead you are safe.

Posted by: GetReal | Apr 16, 2009 10:41:32 AM

1. Isn't tampering with food a felony?
2. Dominos is soo screwed! There is no damage control for this sort of thing.
3. If I owned a Dominos Franchise, I'd sue these two jackasses and corporate.
4. The chick in the video is secretly in love with the dude. The dude thinks of her as his little sister.
5. I'll NEVER order dominos again, see this-> . This is me not ordering dominos now or ever again.

Posted by: D | Apr 16, 2009 10:52:13 AM

Dominoes is not the only restraunt that does this kind of stuff. Im telling you "ALL" fast food restraunts do it! "ALL" the ones I've worked at T.B, B.K, M.D, P.H. have done it, Let me tell you, what you've seen on THIS video "IS NOTHING" compaired to what I've seen people do. TRUST ME.

Posted by: leighann | Apr 16, 2009 10:53:47 AM

Sorry if my enghlish language ,not very good , but this story is incredible and this boy go ad Alcatraz ,or Sing sing , closed in for 15 years .

Posted by: umberto carillo | Apr 16, 2009 11:17:17 AM

I will be sure to never EVER EVER EVER eat Domino's pizza again. I will be sharing this info to friends as well and you can guarantee they will never EVER EVER EVER eat there again as well. This is disgusting and I'm sure it's going on else where. Management at this place is a joke! Reading the newspaper while these clown partake in this nonsense.

Posted by: Duane | Apr 16, 2009 11:37:31 AM

Doesn't it seem funny to see the VP of comm. make a comment aimed at making money off these morons rather than targeting the problem? It would have shown much more character on his part to tell us he would question the people who hired them and implement some new type of screening for employee's rather than tell us they are "seeking legal counsel to see what kind of action we can take against them for damage to the brand". If they would actually hire people who had honor and character (I.E. the money hungry VP of comm.) in the first place, things like this could be prevented. Just another corp. company with no honor. . .

Posted by: Bean | Apr 16, 2009 11:45:56 AM

Wow - I remember when I was a young wipper-snapper and they did this stuff regulary at Mickey D's - we would masturbate on the buns of the big whopper and give everyone a special sauce surprise!

Let these young creatives be.

Dominos is flattering themselves for thinking this hurt their brand image - to this I say - what brand image?

Their employees are mostly zit popping, booger eating, feces fetching, sausage smuggling rat bastards. Now that is the brand image of Dominos. By the way - dominos is a game played by poor Puerto Rican Spics!

Posted by: Scrotilious Testikleese | Apr 16, 2009 12:06:34 PM

Reply to Neo & King4Day:

I'm one of the Consumerist commenter's who helped track these idiots down. Why would I defend them unless someone was using my nickname without my consent. I've sent an email to G-A-Y asking for the original comment.. i'd never defend these idiots. I think what they've done is downright putrid and disgusting. I hope they spend the full year in jail, and are laughed out of any kind of public contact role.

Posted by: whyerhead | Apr 16, 2009 12:17:56 PM

I WILL NEVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM DOMINOES EVER AGAIN THEY MAYas well close there doors there done

Posted by: ROBERT | Apr 16, 2009 12:44:34 PM

Well not only is this obviously disgusting, but these people are 30 years old--according to the law they are adults! Even when I was 16 years old working in fast food, I never would have done something like this! It is just very immature that they would even find that humorous. I feel like Domino's should not be persecuted for this though. It could happen to any company. Eligibility for work is usually based on people's work ethic and friendliness. It would be impossible for a company like Domino's, that I assume would have a fairly large amount of employee turnover, to background check every single employee.

Posted by: Double D | Apr 16, 2009 1:44:11 PM

These people are despicable.

Posted by: ROC | Apr 16, 2009 2:14:12 PM

LMFAO a 31 year old working at Dominos. And a sex offender at that.

Posted by: Anna | Apr 16, 2009 3:26:39 PM