RECENT  POSTS:  » Ruth Institute (former NOM affiliate): Same-sex marriage is as much of a wedge as interracial marriage bans » NOM finally admitting that marriage amendments are, in fact, bans » Kentucky's big anti-LGBT org hopes to pray away a fair court ruling on civil marriage » Iowa's governor sponsoring anti-gay Family Leader summit? » Head of Virginia's top anti-gay org: One mean email proves 'the left' is sexist, intolerant » Video: Ohio should be so lucky to have married couples as adorable as George Henry » GLAAD: Q&A with former 'ex-gay' activist Yvette Schneider: 'I’ve never met an 'ex-gay' man I thought was not still attracted to men' » Head of Virginia's anti-equality org: 'open season to discriminate against anyone who believes that children deserve a mom and a dad' » Force behind Virginia's marriage ban ably demonstrates animus behind it » NOM to show rest of world its impressive ability to exacerbate loss

05/11/2009

Video: 'Opposite Carrie-age'

HUH??!!...Nope doesn't do anything for me... and I am a Californian.

Posted by: LOrion | May 11, 2009 4:41:26 PM

I wasn't quite sure the point of it. To say that Carrie Prejean hasn't spoken with respect? I guess so...but I'm not sure.

Posted by: Bruno | May 11, 2009 6:22:08 PM

Yea, it's kind of odd (thus the reason why i posted it with no commentary or anything).

I think the problem is that they would LIKE to speak out unabashedly against Carrie's views but cant fully do so. Because as we all know, gay/anti-gay is still largely considered a two-sided debate, not a conversation in which one side is in the right.

Posted by: G-A-Y | May 11, 2009 6:53:54 PM

I can't tell if it's anti-Carrie or pro.

Posted by: reg | May 11, 2009 7:05:13 PM

Apparently the pageant officials said they wanted Carrie to be in this commercial with the others, so it's sort of a way of showing everyone how truculent and difficult Carrie's being by not responding to their request. That might actually work with the few people who see it.

Posted by: Bruno | May 11, 2009 11:10:36 PM

it IS anti-carrie:

Just a week after posing for a pro-gay marriage PSA, Moakler spent part of today shooting print and television spots for a new campaign, which she says was inspired by the Miss California controversy.
It's not exactly about gay rights, but…
"It's called 'I Believe,'" Moakler explained to me earlier today. "It's a campaign trying to show the diversity of California and really spreading equality. The Miss California Organization's slogan is 'The Beauty of California,' and that represents everything. That's what we try to celebrate in our organization."

Posted by: reg | May 13, 2009 4:37:35 PM