RECENT  POSTS:  » Video: Gee, with compelling videos like this one, I just can't imagine why the anti-gay right is losing in court » #TBT: Even after legal equality, Americans—and particularly religious Americans—struggle to accept certain marriages » Indiana threatens its commerce, tourism dollars, reputation, general welfare of its citizenry » Video: AFA prez expounds on organization's movement-destructive ad by adding even more religious fervor » NOM resorts to blatant lying in its 2015 #March4Marriage materials » NOM coalition partner: America will fall unless you March For Marriage » AFA helps SCOTUS see that opposition to *civil* marriage equality is all about religious fervor » Video: Did this Texas 'biblical marriage' rally assemble least diverse crowd in recorded human history? » About those children of fractured families who keep blaming same-sex parenting for their issues... » Ha! NOM uses ad for a desk to represent president's real office

05/11/2009

Video: 'Opposite Carrie-age'

HUH??!!...Nope doesn't do anything for me... and I am a Californian.

Posted by: LOrion | May 11, 2009 4:41:26 PM

I wasn't quite sure the point of it. To say that Carrie Prejean hasn't spoken with respect? I guess so...but I'm not sure.

Posted by: Bruno | May 11, 2009 6:22:08 PM

Yea, it's kind of odd (thus the reason why i posted it with no commentary or anything).

I think the problem is that they would LIKE to speak out unabashedly against Carrie's views but cant fully do so. Because as we all know, gay/anti-gay is still largely considered a two-sided debate, not a conversation in which one side is in the right.

Posted by: G-A-Y | May 11, 2009 6:53:54 PM

I can't tell if it's anti-Carrie or pro.

Posted by: reg | May 11, 2009 7:05:13 PM

Apparently the pageant officials said they wanted Carrie to be in this commercial with the others, so it's sort of a way of showing everyone how truculent and difficult Carrie's being by not responding to their request. That might actually work with the few people who see it.

Posted by: Bruno | May 11, 2009 11:10:36 PM

it IS anti-carrie:

Just a week after posing for a pro-gay marriage PSA, Moakler spent part of today shooting print and television spots for a new campaign, which she says was inspired by the Miss California controversy.
It's not exactly about gay rights, but…
"It's called 'I Believe,'" Moakler explained to me earlier today. "It's a campaign trying to show the diversity of California and really spreading equality. The Miss California Organization's slogan is 'The Beauty of California,' and that represents everything. That's what we try to celebrate in our organization."

Posted by: reg | May 13, 2009 4:37:35 PM