RECENT  POSTS:  » Audio: Listen to this ADF spinmeister and his anti-gay spin » Report: US District judge won't deny justice to gay Coloradans; might delay it, though » AFA to POTUS: End your 'love affair with homosexuality,' give anti-gay Christians entitlement instead » Congressional right wing's right-side-of-history whip count: 8–271 » NOM, Manhattan Declaration turn Unitarian's anti-slavery, anti-war into pro-discrimination anthem » Matt Barber and Peter LaBarbera tease America's coming anti-gay street revolts » FRC writer: We're not all the same, 'gay agenda' is 'dangerous for the wellbeing of this nation' » NBC analyst Tony Dungy says he wouldn't have drafted Michael Sam » NOM becomes even more of a generalized anti-LGBT animus organization » Sure, NOM—I'll play your game!!

05/11/2009

Video: 'Opposite Carrie-age'

HUH??!!...Nope doesn't do anything for me... and I am a Californian.

Posted by: LOrion | May 11, 2009 4:41:26 PM

I wasn't quite sure the point of it. To say that Carrie Prejean hasn't spoken with respect? I guess so...but I'm not sure.

Posted by: Bruno | May 11, 2009 6:22:08 PM

Yea, it's kind of odd (thus the reason why i posted it with no commentary or anything).

I think the problem is that they would LIKE to speak out unabashedly against Carrie's views but cant fully do so. Because as we all know, gay/anti-gay is still largely considered a two-sided debate, not a conversation in which one side is in the right.

Posted by: G-A-Y | May 11, 2009 6:53:54 PM

I can't tell if it's anti-Carrie or pro.

Posted by: reg | May 11, 2009 7:05:13 PM

Apparently the pageant officials said they wanted Carrie to be in this commercial with the others, so it's sort of a way of showing everyone how truculent and difficult Carrie's being by not responding to their request. That might actually work with the few people who see it.

Posted by: Bruno | May 11, 2009 11:10:36 PM

it IS anti-carrie:

Just a week after posing for a pro-gay marriage PSA, Moakler spent part of today shooting print and television spots for a new campaign, which she says was inspired by the Miss California controversy.
It's not exactly about gay rights, but…
"It's called 'I Believe,'" Moakler explained to me earlier today. "It's a campaign trying to show the diversity of California and really spreading equality. The Miss California Organization's slogan is 'The Beauty of California,' and that represents everything. That's what we try to celebrate in our organization."

Posted by: reg | May 13, 2009 4:37:35 PM