RECENT  POSTS:  » PFOX's Quinlan says SBC leader's opposition to 'reparative therapy' is cruel » That Idaho wedding venue posts new 'rules and regulations'; will still perform non-Christian weddings » Another deceptive thing about NOM's duplicitous anti-Hagan ad » NOM trying to shape Arkansas politics without even learning state's abbreviation » Video: Focus on the Family staffer who calls homosexuality 'particularly evil lie of Satan' hangs out in Chicago's Boystown » Video: Another new NOM ad targets Sen. Mark Pryor (D-AR); uses James O'Keefe video as source » What the heck is 'NOM Victory Fund'? » Video: NOM reminds North Carolinians that they, Thom Tillis forced state into unconstitutional mess » Actually no, kindness does not demand making people mad at you » Another evangelical leader comes out against so-called reparative therapy

05/20/2009

When FRC calls, don't pretend you're not home-o!

This July 5, The Family Research Council is asking evangelicals nationwide to fall on their knees and pray that our nation rejects, among other things, LGBT rights progression. They are calling it:

200905200851-1
Call 2 Fall [A FRC project]

In reaction to the egregious way that the religious right continues to present LGBT lives and loves as things from which America should be saved, we launched this natural response:

200905200851-3

Feel free to screen both our and FRC's call, then determine which God anti-gayness leads you towards: The almighty or the porcelain one!

**Dan Savage is calling on readers to create more and dirtier parodies. Have at it, kids.

I'm not going to SAY what it looks like that stick figure in the first picture is doing. But I'm sure I'm not the only one who's THINKING it. ;)

Posted by: Bill S | May 20, 2009 9:06:31 AM

Well . . . many of us, including the Christian closet cases, have surely felt the CALL 2 FALL on our knees, but definitely not to pray.

That graphic could almost be a poster promoting an event at a bath-house.

Posted by: Richard Rush | May 20, 2009 9:47:21 AM

Yea, Bill -- I abstained from going there. But someone who's feeling bawdier could certainly have a field day :-)

Posted by: G-A-Y | May 20, 2009 9:47:48 AM

Love it...where ever your mind is going.
Another flash of creative cleverness Jeremey.

Posted by: Bob Miller | May 20, 2009 11:47:21 AM

Oh! Good! If there is one thing that has been scientifically proven (time and time again), it's that prayer is the least effective of the weapons in the arsenal of the fundies. On the other hand, when you take stock of all of the other (actually deadly) weapons that they stockpile, the fact that the jackasses at FRC are stoking the flames of indignation that the pious kindle is incredibly irresponsible.

Posted by: Dick Mills | May 20, 2009 11:50:28 AM

A better response is A CALL TO FAIL

Posted by: Mad Professah | May 20, 2009 2:01:22 PM

I misread that as "CALL 2 FAIL".

I like my version better.

Posted by: Jordi H. | May 20, 2009 3:28:33 PM

I came to this site as well as many others searching. I have been an out/proud lesbian for years now. Im searching because I feel like I desperately need a faith based connection with God. Am I not allowed to be saved and be gay? Is there no common ground? Will I have to be "ex" gay? If any one can help, has constructive advice... im desperate...

Posted by: kami | May 20, 2009 5:32:29 PM

Kami, please try http://www.whosoever.org. The owner is a very kind and thoughtful lesbian Christian. I'm sorry you're feeling so bad, but there are lots of good places for you to talk.

As for the graphic...Bill, my mind went right "there", too! Your graphic's good, though, Jeremy!

Posted by: GreenEyedLilo | May 20, 2009 7:03:04 PM

Kami, it's perfectly acceptable to be both gay and saved. Do not let anyone tell you otherwise.

My advice is to go to some local pro-gay churches, they will be able to help you greatly in this matter. 83

Posted by: Clicky the Fox | May 20, 2009 8:15:47 PM

You have GOT to be kidding me.

Posted by: Kaye | May 23, 2009 1:55:35 AM