RECENT  POSTS:  » Congressional right wing's right-side-of-history whip count: 8–271 » NOM, Manhattan Declaration turn Unitarian's anti-slavery, anti-war into pro-discrimination anthem » Matt Barber and Peter LaBarbera tease America's coming anti-gay street revolts » FRC writer: We're not all the same, 'gay agenda' is 'dangerous for the wellbeing of this nation' » NBC analyst Tony Dungy says he wouldn't have drafted Michael Sam » NOM becomes even more of a generalized anti-LGBT animus organization » Sure, NOM—I'll play your game!! » Bryan Fischer: POTUS 'stood on the graves' of Malaysia Air victims 'to promote the legitimacy of sexual deviancy' » Legal profession made up of ideologues, demands legal ideologue » FRC's senior fellow for exporting/criminalizing gay people bemoan's discrimination's dwindling acceptance

06/05/2009

Prob not the smartest business decision...

Thanks, New Hampshire's Cornerstone Policy Research, for showing us a business that we no longer care to patronize:

Picture 6-203
Sign of the Times... [CPR Blog

Hmm. It's certainly an interesting use of business resources. Perhaps that "help wanted" notice is because their Director of Handling Political Matters in the Most Market-Savvy Way abruptly walked off the job?

But they are right: Voters very well may try to reacting in 2010 by removing lawmakers who are too pro-equality for their liking. Just please forgive us if in the meantime, we go elsewhere to remove our mold.

The biz who chose to run this sign:

Great Bay Facility Maintenance of Portsmouth, NH

New Hampshire equality types, boycott this joint!

Posted by: Bruno | Jun 5, 2009 2:51:33 PM

My mold removal joke would just be too easy.

Posted by: RainbowPhoenix | Jun 5, 2009 3:02:43 PM

As a part-time interior decorator who's had to contract businesses like this, let me just say they've shot themselves in the foot.

Posted by: GreenEyedLilo | Jun 5, 2009 3:20:48 PM

I've been thinking a little about the "Cornerstone" name. You know a cornerstone, that completely symbolic rock that gets installed when a monument is constructed, and which as time passes gets buried under history and completely forgotten, until some point in the future people tear down the now-outdated (and unpopular) structure, and marvel at how the passage of time renders all that we thought once permanent and unchanging as succeptable to evolution as everything else.

Or maybe I just hate the words "Policy Research" attached to any group trying to hijack the former and falisfy the latter.

Posted by: Sykler | Jun 5, 2009 3:53:42 PM

....they might want to rethink. Here this is from a Connecticut person who notes about his cousins neighborhood near Boston:
"Now…Their property values have sky-rocketed. They have gorgeous neighborhoods and a thriving little “downtown” area with great bakeries, natural food stores, food co-ops, and great little restaurants and coffee shops. It’s so nice and 5 minutes from the hubbub of Boston and on the T"

Posted by: LOrion | Jun 5, 2009 4:30:30 PM

I've alerted the racing community at Rockingham Park of this development. I also sent this to management:

As a member of the racing community at Rockingham Park and a strong supporter of many issues that face not only the racing community but minorities as well, I was appalled to see photos of your advertisements condemning the gay community of New Hampshire.

I will do all to which I am able to spread the word of your company's homophobia and christian hatred, as I'm quite sure the gay community in New Hampshire will have a tremendous lead in exposing your "cleaning, 'christian'" industry than I could ever hope to accomplish.

Have a great homophobic, christian hatred day.

Very sincerely yours,

Dale Snyder

Posted by: Dale | Jun 5, 2009 7:51:45 PM

Interesting - this business is just minutes from the home that I share with my partner (and fiance) in a very well-kept and historic neighborhood that is shared with other gay and lesbian neighbors. To think that a business owner would risk his/her livelihood to broadcast his opinion against an entire class of people. It's not a very smart business move, considering that Portsmouth is a VERY progressive city and the majority of the city (and state) population does not share this point of view. I am always open to a difference of opinion, but broadcasting it in this manner is not the best way to go about it.

Posted by: Barry Farrington | Jun 5, 2009 9:15:58 PM