RECENT  POSTS:  » Caught ya: Far-right's latest marriage 'victim' edited website to make more solid legal case » Read: Wyoming to become our 32nd marriage equality state » GLAAD: Victory is what happens while you're busy making other plans » What fake victimization sounds like in Arizona » Federal judge strikes Arizona's discriminatory marriage ban; marriages should begin today! » NOM's latest desperation: Relying on hearsay James O'Keefe video to smear Democrat for 'secretly' not opposing equality » Shun-employment: NC state employee quits job to avoid happy gay couples » NOM wasted a lot of money on IRS "scandal," aint getting it back » State employees must actually perform duties state pays them to perform; shocking, I know » Frank Turek pushes same anti-reality rhetoric that led his movement to loss

06/12/2009

Stand with one poorly articulated, inaccurate answer about civil discrimination

Gag. me.:

Picture 23-31
StandWithCarrie.com [A National Organization For Marriage Project]

Yes, that's right: NOM, a political group, has set up a website all about a runner-up to the Miss USA crown (who was fired amid claims of insubordination).

And just to remind you, since it gets lost in the media shuffle: THIS is the stance to which the professional civil discriminators have fervently hitched their wagon:

"I think it's great that Americans are able to choose one or the other. We live in a land that you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage and, you know what, in my country and my family I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman. No offense to anyone out there but that's how I was raised and that's how I think it should be between a man and a woman."

Forget all the other ridiculousness: The answer itself is just baaaaaad!

But that's the anti-gay movement for ya: Where accuracy receives no premium, clarification means adding even more mud to the water, and like-minded poop knows no traces of a stench other than rosy. Stand with Caution.

**Complete Carrie Prejean archive

***MORE: This morning, Carrie spoke to Matt Lauer. She takes no responsibility for anything whatsoever:

Posted by: ForTheLove | Jun 12, 2009 9:49:19 AM

I think they have hitched their wagon to a seriously disturbed young lady. The ease with which she is manipulated seriously disturbs me.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Jun 12, 2009 11:23:57 AM

BTW - Towleroad has some very interesting leaked emails. I tell you "that girl ain't wrapped too tight".

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Jun 12, 2009 11:30:20 AM

Well, she has been auditioning (sparring) for that "martyrdom" sash, and now that she has no claim to the California one, her only play is to viciously, tenaciously and fraudulently dig her claws into the only ticket she has left - her claim of being oppressed. Hopefully, now that Trump can't get any more mileage (free publicity) out of the spoiled brat, maybe her ability to glom onto more than just her fifteen minutes will wither away as well.

But the fact that Ms. Prej (as obviously maladjusted and impetuous as she is) will more than likely become even more of a defamer of all things LGBT, can only help our cause. She is simply to "simple" to understand the intricate 'art of the con' the way that the grifters like Magaglagher and the other lying liars do. That, plus her inability to stick to the script, should ensure that any of her future attempts at twisting out truthiness-esque lies about us will end up benefiting us more than not.

Posted by: Dick Mills | Jun 12, 2009 11:33:42 AM

The only thing that she keeps repeating is that it was because of her answer. Well, duh, it was an ill formed and non-coherent answer. It's the one thing she about which she tells the truth.

Posted by: SammySeattle | Jun 12, 2009 12:44:47 PM

HuffPo says that she is in talks with Murdoch to join FOX news, how appropriate! She is a disturbingly inarticulate person who was launched by the Donald into the kind of PR train wreck that the media just can't stop watching. As GMA suggests, I think this firing was part of the plan all along. Look for Prejean in an upcoming celebrity apprentice.

Posted by: Michelle | Jun 12, 2009 1:45:49 PM

"Sign the Petition"

Ummmm, what petition? Who is it petitioning and what does it say?

Clearly, they have no idea what a petition is. Poor NOM, they just aren't all that bright, or they assume that we aren't.

Posted by: Timothy Kincaid | Jun 12, 2009 2:01:44 PM

If "it was because of her answer" had any truth behind it?
Donald would have fired her the FIRST time around.
But Donald kept her even after she lied about the semi-nude photos, which should demonstrate that this current fiasco IS NOT "because of her answer".

The religious right are just trying to pretend they are victims.

Posted by: foundit66 | Jun 12, 2009 4:23:41 PM

Ms. Gallagher seems to be quite fond of Carrie...
Maybe someday when gay marriage is legalized Maggie and Carrie can have loud deluded babies together.

Posted by: Ashton | Jun 12, 2009 6:58:23 PM

"i signed up with a fake e-mail. I made up a fake first name and fake last name that when read together poke some fun. First Name: "I Love", Last Name: "You Carrie""

I did too, but I used: First name: Go, Last name: Away, email: GoAwayCarrie@yahoo.com. I don't want them thinking anything else.

Posted by: Owen | Jun 12, 2009 7:22:36 PM

There is a word for People like Carrie Prejean and it's called; bad looser. She just can't accept she lost to Miss North Carolina for one reason alone being she is not as beautiful as Kirsten Dalton (Miss North Carolina)What a sad case of a bad looser Carrie Prejean really is...

Posted by: Anna | Jun 13, 2009 8:39:42 AM

Now she's apparently working with evangelical groups, where she will be supported and seen as a heroine. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but she is misinformed and frankly, fairly dumb. I do think it's kind of funny, if there has to be an anti-gay spokesperson, let it be a stupid blonde who will not be able to have any decent arguments. Perhaps it will help LGBT rights after all! I'm glad she lost the crown, I hope she fades into obscurity.

Posted by: Sydney | Jun 21, 2009 2:59:40 PM