RECENT  POSTS:  » Video: Voices from our pro-equality future (present?) » Anti-gay orgs continue to offend children of single parents, gay parents, more » Apple CEO gives 'substantial' sum to HRC's southern state project; may or may not have used ApplePay » Conservative proposes new way for vendors to tell gay customers they don't care for them » NOM versus David Koch » Anti-equality baseball player calls reporter 'a prick' for asking about his anti-equality advocacy » Audio: Josh Duggar defends discrimination, invalidates own point » Audio: AFA's Fischer names 'homosexual agenda' as 'greatest threat to liberty' in American history » Audio: AFA Radio caller calls for executing gays; FRC-employed host doesn't even challenge him, much less condemn » NOM president's other organization is 'in trouble' (his words) too

06/09/2009

Video: Wherein Pat Robertson tears apart another family countless more families

Eating shellfish is also an abomination, Pat!

Posted by: Bearchewtoy75 | Jun 9, 2009 4:40:51 PM

These lying liars are so accustomed to twisting and distorting their lies to mean whatever they want them to mean that they think that no one can see how illogical and hypocritical they are. And, the choir that the cacophony of shrill lying voices are singing to, don't question the lies... they just keep shelling out the millions of dollars that the swindlers bilk them for every year. It's quite a racket!

Posted by: Dick Mills | Jun 9, 2009 5:07:14 PM

My eagle eye detects that Pat is wearing more than one type of fabric. Big no-no under Leviticus.

Posted by: RainbowPhoenix | Jun 9, 2009 5:22:53 PM

"If someone's on the way to Hell, you've got to love them to rescue them."

Keep your twisted definition of "love," Mr. Robertson. I don't need that kind of "love" in my life.

For that matter, I'm just as convinced that YOU are wrong and I am right, so by your logic, I should be doing whatever I have to do to "love" you enough to "rescue" you from your errors, right?

Posted by: JWSwift | Jun 9, 2009 5:33:08 PM

I have come to view the religous right as the true evil in this world. Enviromentaly unfriendly, power hungry, greedy, keep the masses ignorant, I am always right and you will obey me!, I must control, or kill you in the name of god, my god is right and yours is wrong. I could go on, but I think I've made my point.

Posted by: jim | Jun 9, 2009 9:17:07 PM

made homosexuals because some male figure abused them!?? Seriously WTF? I am getting very sick of people like Pat saying that being gay is a "problem" or that it's caused by some form of abuse. I am gay and proud and came from a loving family, and the only abuse I've ever received is from bigots like Pat and Maggie Galliger and all those other "pro-family" types that think they can look down upon homosexuals because we are living our lives openly and without fear of who we really are. After all, isn't one of the lessons many parents attempt to teach their kids is to live your own life and be true to yourself?

Posted by: dragon88 | Jun 9, 2009 9:26:07 PM

jim, you get almost no disagreement from me on that. Religions have done little in the history of man other than to wage war with one another. And, if they aren't actually killing their counterparts (enemies??), then they are demeaning them in a contrived war of ideologies and supremacist rhetoric. It is exploitation of the basest (underbelly) of human emotions, fear and hate. To get one to love someone else takes a lot of work, and the potential for success is minimal.

To get someone to fear or hate someone else, especially when there is a perceived superiority is very easy. And that perceived superiority is easy to effect by stroking easily engorged egos - that only takes the barest minimum of effort. Especially when the intelligence of those you are seeking to influence takes a backseat to the quivering tingle of their emotions.

And, the lying liars learned a long time ago that they could eek out a pretty fat living by taking advantage of exactly that. Bishop Harry "Armageddon" Jackson that JH wrote about yesterday, on his "preacher's salary" (read: loot that he swindled morons out of), he has purchased multiple homes, and lives a rather extravagant life.. not exactly the model of what the "salt of the earth" are supposed to be. His lying liar ass sleeps on satin while millions of children go to sleep hungry, and on floors.

I have difficulty believing that a Jesus would be terribly pleased with a Harry Jackson. But, you've got to hand it to him, he does know how to turn a buck. And, to be clear, I live comfortably as well, but I don't hold myself up as some moral authority. And, I don't earn a living by deceiving morons, or by stroking their egos, or by turning them into supremacists, or by fostering fear or hate.

Posted by: Dick Mills | Jun 10, 2009 12:05:33 AM

Pat left out the possibility of being abused by a youth minister. I'm sure it was just an oversight.
So, what happens if, when Mama starts throwing Pat's scripture quotes at her son, the kid turns out to be more Biblically literate than Rev. Robertson (which is extremely likely)?
I wasn't molested by anyone as a kid. Wouldn't an experience like that be more likely to have the opposite effect anyway-leave you more repelled by that kind of intimacy?

Posted by: Bill S | Jun 10, 2009 5:44:33 AM