RECENT  POSTS:  » MassResistance's hilarious fourteen-point plan for reinstating marriage discrimination: Get really, really nasty » Concerned Women For America finally learns to call out anti-gay rhetoric » 'Rivka Edelman' responds to me via one of the most bizarre comments I've ever read » Just going to another vendor isn't always easy, isn't good basis for sound policy » Pat Robertson: People who believe in fair nondiscrimination law are 'terrorists, radicals, and extremists' » In which another anti-gay group forces politicos to Gladys Kravitz our way into one family's divorce drama » In 2008, the AFA was the same on LGBT rights as President Obama; and I was a flying unicorn » The Hitching Post plot thickens in a truly remarkable way » On Rivka, Robert and their dirty, self-victimizing, anti-intellectual blame game » POTUS believes in fifty-state equality, happy with way it's playing out

07/07/2009

6/13/09: This is what marriage equality looks like

Where: Winvian in Litchfield Hills, CT

When: June 13, 2009

Who: 79 friends and family members, plus assorted talented chefs/officiants/artists

What: A celebration of two boys' right to love, peace, and equality:

Web-8-1

0123-1

Web-1
Screen Shot 2009-12-21 At 11.22.23 Am
Hooper-Shulman
Web-4

Web-3
*Yes, I cried. Like a baby.

Web-2-1
Picture 12-99

0006

Picture 14-87

Web-6
Picture 13-91

Web-10-1

Web-7
(Wedding Photos: Jacklyn Greenberg)

No religious freedoms were harmed in the making of these photos/videos.

**MORE: This was the gorgeous cottage (on Winvian's property) where we got to spend our wedding night/the night before:

Picture 10-131
200907071425-2
Picture 14-86
Picture 11-132Cott-2Fire-1Picture 12-96

**MORE: A few from the honeymoon:

200907071426-1
200907071425-1
200907071424-2
200907071427
200907071427-1
200907071428
200907071429

**MORE: And we take it all home to NYC, where our marriage earns full state-level recognition:

Nyshoot1-1
Nyshoot4-3
Nyshoot3-1
Nyshoot7-1
(NY Photos: Jacklyn Greenberg)

**EARLIER: Our autumnal Engagement Party.

****

*UPDATE: In the Winter of 2010, Jeremy and Andrew were honored to be first same-sex couple ever featured in Martha Stewart Weddings magazine.

"JH, did you get highlights?"

Ha! No, that's just my semi-greying hair glistening in the sunlight.

Posted by: G-A-Y | Jul 7, 2009 2:09:56 PM

*applauds* Blessings on your marriage, you two!

Posted by: theDeadCat | Jul 7, 2009 2:12:21 PM

When I was 17, one patch of my hair right in the front turned gray. I joke about it being the one dead spot. My mom thinks that Satan himself, branded me. I keep telling myself that it adds character and distinction.

Posted by: Dick Mills | Jul 7, 2009 2:22:07 PM

What a fantastic day. I especially like the video of Andrew singing to you while you're dancing. Sweet. Best, best, best wishes!!!

Posted by: SammySeattle | Jul 7, 2009 2:34:08 PM

Well Sammy, you will find few sweeter than my husband. An amazing man.

Posted by: G-A-Y | Jul 7, 2009 2:38:23 PM

Many happy congratulations! A wonderful example to the gay community and the world.

Posted by: Forky | Jul 7, 2009 3:11:02 PM

I confess I usually have a heart of stone, but this was beyond...well, words can't communicate how wonderful this is. Congratulations. :)

Posted by: Tom | Jul 7, 2009 3:21:58 PM

hooray!!! getting married myself in less than 2 weeks, in MA!

Posted by: Sara | Jul 7, 2009 3:26:54 PM

I'm so happy for you both. Congratulations.

Posted by: Sam | Jul 7, 2009 3:51:16 PM

Congratulations. Thank you for sharing these beautiful vids and photos. You are very lucky to have such supportive families and friends. May you have every happiness.

Posted by: Jay | Jul 7, 2009 3:51:54 PM

Congrats!!! You guys make a great couple and deserve all the best!

Posted by: dragon88 | Jul 7, 2009 4:11:46 PM

I got teary watching the ceremony too. It was truly sweet, and so was the clip of Andrew singing to you. Thank you so much for posting these!

Posted by: Bill S | Jul 7, 2009 4:28:09 PM

"No religious freedoms were harmed in the making of these videos."

LOL!

On a serious note, congratulations! Nice pictures and videos!

Posted by: KZ | Jul 7, 2009 4:47:59 PM

Congrats guys...Happiness and Love are always beautiful concepts:-)

-zak

Posted by: Zak | Jul 7, 2009 4:49:01 PM

Oh my god you guys are adorable!!! Congrats! And I loved your suits. :)

Posted by: Stef | Jul 7, 2009 4:49:45 PM

I can't believe that in all these comments, nobody's mentioned that we had a nun at our wedding :-)

Posted by: G-A-Y | Jul 7, 2009 4:50:18 PM

Thanks, Stef. I'm in mostly Paul Smith and Andrew's wearing mostly Theory (though I think his shirt is Zegna).

Posted by: G-A-Y | Jul 7, 2009 4:51:22 PM

Now THAT was one wonderful thing, you guys are gorgeous and everything was so beautiful!
I dare on living soul not to cry along with you boys.
Congratulations, may your love last forever and happiness be always with you.
Thank you for sharing this, it brightened the day for me and for all of us G-A-Y readers.

Posted by: Roger | Jul 7, 2009 4:55:16 PM

Wonderful, beautiful pictures etc. Congratulations once again. You make a lovely couple!

Posted by: John Ozed | Jul 7, 2009 5:11:41 PM

You guys are so adorable together. I am so happy for you. Congratulations!

Posted by: Jake | Jul 7, 2009 5:29:45 PM

That's sooo sweet. Here's wishing you both many, many years of happiness.

Posted by: jim casella | Jul 7, 2009 7:42:47 PM

It is absolutely beautiful to see you with your families during such an important moment in both of your lives. It gives me such hope for when I marry my love. Thank you for being here Jeremy, for Good As You and for all you do. I wish you both all the happiness in the world. To see everyone smiling and enjoying themselves while supporting your love and commitment warms me so much. Again, THANK YOU!

Posted by: Wayne | Jul 7, 2009 9:17:12 PM

Jeremy, a few of these video's made me freaking cry! I was so moved/touched beyond belief. I have no words. Congrats. :)

Jason

Posted by: Jason J. | Jul 7, 2009 10:42:14 PM

Beautiful, beautiful. Congrats to you both. I feel like I know you just from these videos.

May you have many, many years together as happy as you were on this wedding day.

Posted by: jOhn | Jul 7, 2009 11:05:35 PM

Just soooo sweet!!! Had to show all the office. Cant tell you how many folk here were touched by watching your vows (even my rather straight laced - but gay freindly - boss!)

Congrats you two and thanks for sharing your extra special day with us all.

I hope that your MARRIED life together is a happy and fulfilling one.

Greg

Posted by: Greg | Jul 8, 2009 1:17:05 AM

Oh mazel tov! That was so beautiful! I'm crying.

Posted by: Fran Edwards | Jul 8, 2009 9:33:41 AM

That was one beautiful wedding. Thank you for sharing these pictures with me. I'm so sorry I could not be there to share in your happiness.
Of course, i was blubbering like a baby (but not as much as you, Jeremy).

May the two of you have a wonderful life together and remain as happy as you obviously are today.

Love ya

Posted by: Marilyn | Jul 8, 2009 7:38:33 PM

Congratulations on making this gay couple of 36 years weep with joy for you and Andrew. Our hope is that your love and commitment to each other will remain strong and vibrant as you grow old together. Have a beautiful life!

Posted by: Dennis | Jul 8, 2009 8:45:24 PM

Andrew & Jeremy, thank you for sharing your special day and honeymoon pictures. One surprise for me was seeing the nun at the reception. For Jeremy I sincerely hope that your family was able to attend. Many happy returns

Posted by: Pete | Jul 8, 2009 10:29:46 PM

This was beautiful. Congratulations and may God give you many decades of happiness together.

Posted by: Todd | Jul 11, 2009 10:17:34 AM