Audio: They talk, we transcribe their transgressions
*Audio source: Focus on the Family Daily : Issues of Concern: July 2009 (07/09/09) [FOF]
- (:14 & :22) It's probably not the best idea to use the word "kill" when talking about the LGBT community's attempts to deal with violence and murder. It might remind folks that at the end of the day it is actual human lives we are talking about here, not just rhetorical hypotheticals.
- (1:05) Dobson's non sequitur about how the media reacts to his written comments has no bearing -- NO BEARING -- on the hate crimes debate. As long as he keeps passing off his antagonistic ideas about gays and progressives, there are going to be folks who don't like it. But criticism is not the same thing as punishment! When someone tries to haul him into court despite our country's possession of a first amendment, then we can talk (hint: that never will happen and virtually no progressive person wants it to!)
- (2:01) The media distorts the truth, Dr. Dobson? You mean like the way your own crew attempts to pass off an internal NARTH "study" as a respected "peer-reviewed" piece of science?
- (2:28) Despite Tony Perkins' claims, LGBT hate crimes have actually gone up in recent years, not down. In the last three FBI reports ('05, '06, and '07), incidents and offenses based on sexual orientation went up with every passing year. And yes, while it's true what Tony Perkins says about there being more crimes affecting religion than sexual orientation, what he neglects to mention is that (a) religion is ALREADY a protected class, and (b) there are other deserving protected classes like ethnicity/national origin that account for less reported incidents/offenses than sexual orientation, yet are currently protected in ways that sexual orientation/gender identity are not.
- (3:03) Yea, Tony, why don't you talk to the mother of a murdered gay kid to find out how this "power grab" could "forever change the landscape of America"!!!!!
comments powered by Disqus