RECENT  POSTS:  » 'WaPo' conservative columnist: 'Strident' marriage equality opponents have lost » If John Eastman's allowed to intervene in Oregon, I submit his endorsement of this very anti-gay book » I apparently can fly; cool, I've always wanted to! » Starving selves to stop others' happiness: Virginia edition » NOM-aligned organization claims God will soon punish us for pro-equality rulings » GLAAD: The rise of toxic terminology: Losing anti-LGBT movement turns to corrosive labeling » Founder of anti-gay Boy Scouts alternative links sexual orientation, adultery; earns merit badge in ill-intended comparisons » 'Playbill' to let the two previously unaware playgoers in on Broadway's love for gays » New record: Anti-gay activist Ralph Reed contradicts self in less than minute » Read: NOM's guide to pressuring lawmakers to ban marriages (while pretending you're doing something good and positive instead)

07/24/2009

Video: On second thought, maybe she's not Anita Bryant

Carrie Prejean Sings with Bing [YT]
(H/t: Right Wing Watch)

Where's Simon Cowell when you need him?

Posted by: Dick Mills | Jul 24, 2009 1:33:02 PM

Ouch! But, hey, great hat.

Posted by: SammySeattle | Jul 24, 2009 2:22:38 PM

Ack! Seriously, sweetheart, don't quit your day job. Oh! Wait. What day job?

Posted by: Mike Tidmus | Jul 24, 2009 5:07:01 PM

Carrie Prejean is no Anita Bryant as evidenced by this priceless Anita quote:

"If gays are granted rights, next we'll have to give rights to prostitutes and to people who sleep with St. Bernards and to nail biters."

Carrie would never be able to string that many words together.

Posted by: WilliamM | Jul 24, 2009 6:05:00 PM

Well my headline reference was in relation to singing voice differences. But yea, Anita sure did have a way with quips, didn't she? I wonder if Carrie would be fast enough on her feet if, pastry chef forbid, she is hit in the face with a fruit pie.

Posted by: G-A-Y | Jul 24, 2009 6:16:57 PM

Do people still even use the word "fruit" as a derogatory term for homosexual? I don't think I've heard it used that way in many, many years.
I think by the '70's, Anita Bryant had more experience dealing with the public than Carrie Prejean has had. About 20 year's worth.
I don't hate Carrie-I just think she's ill-informed and a poor spokesperson for...well, anything. She'd really be better off just fading out of the spotlight and getting a real job.

Posted by: Bill S | Jul 25, 2009 6:02:22 PM

At least you did manage to resist blogging about the book deal. Though, Kent Jones on Rachel Maddow did a pretty good bit show about it. At least Ms. Prej hasn't been as quotable of late. She'll probably never live down the hyphenated "opposite-marriage" middle name.

By the way, JH, should we be referring to you as JHS? or JSH? or the old familiar JH? Could go with Jeremy Same-Marriage Hooper? But then you start getting into too many initials for cufflinks...

Posted by: Dick Mills | Jul 25, 2009 8:17:32 PM

I've been wondering about that too. And I'm still waiting for the picture of the doggy in his formal wear. Did you change your mind about dressing him up (or more likely, did HE?)

Posted by: Bill S | Jul 25, 2009 8:47:37 PM