RECENT  POSTS:  » NOM spends six figures on North Carolina's Hagan/Tillis US Senate race » Idaho wedding venue can be discriminatory so long as it sticks to new business model » Sunday in Houston: Activists mad that churches were noted for their politicization head to a church—to politicize » Lisa Kudrow thinks my website title is modest, at best » Do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded mission of destruction? » MassResistance's hilarious fourteen-point plan for reinstating marriage discrimination: Get really, really nasty » Concerned Women For America finally learns to call out anti-gay rhetoric » 'Rivka Edelman' responds to me via one of the most bizarre comments I've ever read » Just going to another vendor isn't always easy, isn't good basis for sound policy » Pat Robertson: People who believe in fair nondiscrimination law are 'terrorists, radicals, and extremists'

07/24/2009

Video: On second thought, maybe she's not Anita Bryant

Carrie Prejean Sings with Bing [YT]
(H/t: Right Wing Watch)

Where's Simon Cowell when you need him?

Posted by: Dick Mills | Jul 24, 2009 1:33:02 PM

Ouch! But, hey, great hat.

Posted by: SammySeattle | Jul 24, 2009 2:22:38 PM

Ack! Seriously, sweetheart, don't quit your day job. Oh! Wait. What day job?

Posted by: Mike Tidmus | Jul 24, 2009 5:07:01 PM

Carrie Prejean is no Anita Bryant as evidenced by this priceless Anita quote:

"If gays are granted rights, next we'll have to give rights to prostitutes and to people who sleep with St. Bernards and to nail biters."

Carrie would never be able to string that many words together.

Posted by: WilliamM | Jul 24, 2009 6:05:00 PM

Well my headline reference was in relation to singing voice differences. But yea, Anita sure did have a way with quips, didn't she? I wonder if Carrie would be fast enough on her feet if, pastry chef forbid, she is hit in the face with a fruit pie.

Posted by: G-A-Y | Jul 24, 2009 6:16:57 PM

Do people still even use the word "fruit" as a derogatory term for homosexual? I don't think I've heard it used that way in many, many years.
I think by the '70's, Anita Bryant had more experience dealing with the public than Carrie Prejean has had. About 20 year's worth.
I don't hate Carrie-I just think she's ill-informed and a poor spokesperson for...well, anything. She'd really be better off just fading out of the spotlight and getting a real job.

Posted by: Bill S | Jul 25, 2009 6:02:22 PM

At least you did manage to resist blogging about the book deal. Though, Kent Jones on Rachel Maddow did a pretty good bit show about it. At least Ms. Prej hasn't been as quotable of late. She'll probably never live down the hyphenated "opposite-marriage" middle name.

By the way, JH, should we be referring to you as JHS? or JSH? or the old familiar JH? Could go with Jeremy Same-Marriage Hooper? But then you start getting into too many initials for cufflinks...

Posted by: Dick Mills | Jul 25, 2009 8:17:32 PM

I've been wondering about that too. And I'm still waiting for the picture of the doggy in his formal wear. Did you change your mind about dressing him up (or more likely, did HE?)

Posted by: Bill S | Jul 25, 2009 8:47:37 PM