Audio: Right-wing extremist continues to help our cause
Baptist Pastor Steven "I pray for Barack Obama to die" Anderson is back for more. This from Alan Colmes' radio show:
Things to remember:
- Pastor Anderson has called for our execution.
- Pastor Anderson falsely accused Rep. Barney Frank of being charged with molesting children.
- Pastor Anderson said he prays for the death of our president.
- Pastor Anderson told his congregation that he'd like to tell them to grab their rifles and hit the streets in opposition to gays (fifth clip).
- One of Pastor Anderson's congregants showed up at an Obama rally with a gun.
- Pastor Anderson was invited to speak at two of his area's TEA parties.
Are we paying attention yet?
I'll say it again. This is what all "pro-family" organizations want. They want us dead.
Posted by: Vegetable Soup | Aug 27, 2009 12:02:33 PM
I suppose that "praying" for the death of a president does not constitute a threat against the president simply because you only "prayed" it?
I suppose it is also just a coincidence there might be a connection between points #4 and point #5, Riiight!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: Bob Miller | Aug 27, 2009 1:27:52 PM
I'm really curious to know what stories he has in mind from the Bible involving gays. I grew up in a religious household, went to church twice a week, attended parochial school, and I can't remember anything that unequivocally involved gays, let alone condemned them. This guy does what every other anti-gay "Christian" does--takes a few verses here and there out of context as a way to justify his own prejudice, which, in any case, seems like it might have far more to do with Mr. Anderson's family history than any religious beliefs.
What I find really bizarre are his repeated assertions that gays are "recruiting" people through rape and molestation. Wouldn't that be the most self-defeating way to go about it? I mean, how many people who've been the victim of violence are eager to join up with their perpetrator? I seriously doubt that many victims of molestation by Catholic priests felt closer to the church as a result of their abuse.
Posted by: Rachel Snyder | Aug 27, 2009 3:24:43 PM
Yet another reason why I will be ecstatic to leave this sand pit.
Posted by: RainbowPhoenix | Aug 27, 2009 3:56:34 PM
Anderson's youtube account:
Posted by: nf | Aug 27, 2009 6:02:33 PM
Amen, Rainbowphoenix - you and me, both.
Posted by: DN | Aug 27, 2009 6:12:52 PMcomments powered by Disqus