RECENT  POSTS:  » Jonah Goldberg can't see the hornets' nest for its hornets » Video: Male on mail » Jodie Foster in 2013: 'I am'; Jodie Foster in 2014: 'I do' » AFA promotes its new app in only way it knows how » Robert Oscar Lopez says I perform 'psychological operations routine' on him when I quote his own words from his own web site » Matt Barber's ever-classy site suggests gay people are literally crushing fellow humans » Bryan Fischer is on to our comic book villain–in-chief » Southern Baptist Theological Seminary's Al Mohler 'can't give' us acceptance; good thing we're not asking » NOM fails to trip up Oregon marriage case » Audio: Tony Perkins equates opposing equality with opposing Nazis

08/27/2009

Audio: Right-wing extremist continues to help our cause

Baptist Pastor Steven "I pray for Barack Obama to die" Anderson is back for more. This from Alan Colmes' radio show:

Things to remember:

Are we paying attention yet?

I'll say it again. This is what all "pro-family" organizations want. They want us dead.

Posted by: Vegetable Soup | Aug 27, 2009 12:02:33 PM

I suppose that "praying" for the death of a president does not constitute a threat against the president simply because you only "prayed" it?
I suppose it is also just a coincidence there might be a connection between points #4 and point #5, Riiight!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Bob Miller | Aug 27, 2009 1:27:52 PM

I'm really curious to know what stories he has in mind from the Bible involving gays. I grew up in a religious household, went to church twice a week, attended parochial school, and I can't remember anything that unequivocally involved gays, let alone condemned them. This guy does what every other anti-gay "Christian" does--takes a few verses here and there out of context as a way to justify his own prejudice, which, in any case, seems like it might have far more to do with Mr. Anderson's family history than any religious beliefs.

What I find really bizarre are his repeated assertions that gays are "recruiting" people through rape and molestation. Wouldn't that be the most self-defeating way to go about it? I mean, how many people who've been the victim of violence are eager to join up with their perpetrator? I seriously doubt that many victims of molestation by Catholic priests felt closer to the church as a result of their abuse.

Posted by: Rachel Snyder | Aug 27, 2009 3:24:43 PM

Yet another reason why I will be ecstatic to leave this sand pit.

Posted by: RainbowPhoenix | Aug 27, 2009 3:56:34 PM

Anderson's youtube account:

Posted by: nf | Aug 27, 2009 6:02:33 PM

Amen, Rainbowphoenix - you and me, both.

Posted by: DN | Aug 27, 2009 6:12:52 PM