RECENT  POSTS:  » Concerned Women For America finally learns to call out anti-gay rhetoric » 'Rivka Edelman' responds to me via one of the most bizarre comments I've ever read » Just going to another vendor isn't always easy, isn't good basis for sound policy » Pat Robertson: People who believe in fair nondiscrimination law are 'terrorists, radicals, and extremists' » In which another anti-gay group forces politicos to Gladys Kravitz our way into one family's divorce drama » In 2008, the AFA was the same on LGBT rights as President Obama; and I was a flying unicorn » The Hitching Post plot thickens in a truly remarkable way » On Rivka, Robert and their dirty, self-victimizing, anti-intellectual blame game » POTUS believes in fifty-state equality, happy with way it's playing out » But your subjective view of 'real' marriage is factually irrelevant, Ryan

08/19/2009

Audio: This 'culture war' is all fun and games until someone seeks to execute you

Steven-AndersonFeeling good about America's seemingly growing acceptance of LGBT people, even among people of deep faith? Yea? Well here, let us ruin that for you.

These lil' bits o' theological charm come from Steven L. Anderson, a Baptist preacher based in Tempe, AZ. If you're a gay decent person, be prepared to be appalled. If you're Barney Frank, be prepared to prepare a defamation lawsuit:

*MANY, MANY MORE: Faithful Word Baptist Church

*UPDATE: MSNBC picks up on this, highlighting Stephen's claim that he "is gonna pray for Barack Obama to die and go to hell..so that our country can be saved."

*UPDATE2: More audio clips, plus evidence that Stephen spoke at his local TEA party: Steven Laid Bare [G-A-Y]

Pure nut. He recently had to be tazed and arrested at a border patrol checkpoint because he refused to follow the orders of an officer. The State should take away his children to a safer place.

Holier than thow...

Posted by: simon | Aug 24, 2009 7:44:55 PM

I lasted 2:19, or a minute after I started to feel nauseous.

He should be in jail.

Posted by: sb | Aug 25, 2009 12:14:12 AM

He has his personal blog here http://sanderson1611.blogspot.com/

Posted by: Abi Chrisopher | Aug 25, 2009 1:10:53 AM

Dear No-College-Degree Pastor Crazy McCrazy bin Crazy:

It's "sodomitical filthy animal," not "sodomite filthy animal."

Posted by: WestCanuck | Aug 25, 2009 9:43:05 AM

Posted by: misc | Aug 25, 2009 12:24:28 PM

the saddest part of this whole thing - is that - there were/are CHILDREN in his audience listening to this Bile!

Posted by: Disgusted American | Aug 25, 2009 12:34:55 PM

I loved the fact he couldn't pronounce the word "Infectious"

Posted by: Simon | Aug 26, 2009 1:00:35 AM

How large is this guys congregation? I had never heard of him until my horrified daughter sent me this link. Is it me or could he be another Jim Jones? Jim Jones ranted against gays but as time unfolded the truth; he was not only bisexual but a heinous sexual pervert.

Does Rev. Mental Illness have plans to purchase property in a foreign land?

Posted by: Sondra | Aug 26, 2009 10:12:43 AM

It is important to remember that most mainline Protestant denominations do not discriminate or preach this sort of rancorous hatred for homosexuals. The gospel of Jesus Christ is one of love not hatred so those who preach hate in the name of Christ are the true hypocrites. I pray that all the churches will come to the same realizations that the congregational, Methodists, Lutherans, and many Presbyterian churches have come to. That God loves all of God's children. Christianity should not be known as a religion of hatred, but a religion of love.

Posted by: John Allen | Aug 26, 2009 10:24:04 AM

I have no idea who the idiot talking is, but he deserves the dead penalty for being so stupid! gosh...

Posted by: Wtf? | Aug 26, 2009 4:37:31 PM

He reminds me of Pastor Deacon Fred.

Posted by: Brent | Aug 26, 2009 5:05:12 PM

Wow. And I'm of the same species of him?

Posted by: Adbad | Aug 26, 2009 5:25:29 PM

"The State should take away his children to a safer place. "

Indeed? And we all know how the State™ knows all, and knows what is best for us serfs.

Posted by: seekeronos | Aug 27, 2009 2:09:56 PM

It is appalling the things some ministers preach in the name of Christ. While I believe you should preach what the Bible teaches, you need the whole picture. All of us as sinners deserve death, not just some segment of society. Christ died for all of us. I am part of the "hate the sin, love the sinner" crowd mentioned earlier. But we should hate all sin, including the hatefulness of men like this. You will never convince someone to come to Christ with such venomous diatribe. I am by no means perfect, but anyone who preaches like this is a hypocrite in my eyes. He could get the point across in a much less hateful manner instead of pushing people away from God and the church.

Posted by: DL | Aug 31, 2009 10:18:26 AM

This nut is a few dead bodies away from being the next Jim Jones or David Koresh....

Posted by: Don Brown | Sep 1, 2009 2:45:05 PM

He's not worth hating, he's too freaking insane. I pity him if anything, as long as he doesn't actually hurt anyone.

Posted by: Melody | Oct 25, 2009 9:32:53 PM

This guy is a closet case! I saw his family blog: it looks like he'll have at least two gay sons!

Posted by: Ed-M | Feb 21, 2010 1:19:45 AM