RECENT  POSTS:  » NOM spends six figures on North Carolina's Hagan/Tillis US Senate race » Idaho wedding venue can be discriminatory so long as it sticks to new business model » Sunday in Houston: Activists mad that churches were noted for their politicization head to a church—to politicize » Lisa Kudrow thinks my website title is modest, at best » Do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded mission of destruction? » MassResistance's hilarious fourteen-point plan for reinstating marriage discrimination: Get really, really nasty » Concerned Women For America finally learns to call out anti-gay rhetoric » 'Rivka Edelman' responds to me via one of the most bizarre comments I've ever read » Just going to another vendor isn't always easy, isn't good basis for sound policy » Pat Robertson: People who believe in fair nondiscrimination law are 'terrorists, radicals, and extremists'

10/10/2009

Video: And its gas mileage is equally awful

Spotted outside the Washington monument this afternoon:

Stay class, vehicular homo-cide!

I remember the truth truck from when it was here in Denver after SB 200 was signed into law by Governor Ritter (SB 200 was a state law here in Colorado that granted protection to people of differing sexual orientation or gender identity in regards to public accomodations and housing) and during the Democratic National Convention. I wonder who is financing this psychopath...

Posted by: Jessica Sideways | Oct 10, 2009 5:02:35 PM

Bumper sticker says: Don't bother knockin' if this hate wagon's rockin'

The same truck has shown up for a number of events here in San Diego. Be nice. They drove all the way from Colorado to DC to spew their biblical truth.

Posted by: Mike Tidmus | Oct 10, 2009 5:07:38 PM

:ppls like a Phelps manifestation, non?

Posted by: Stef | Oct 10, 2009 6:52:33 PM

looks*

Posted by: Stef | Oct 10, 2009 6:52:39 PM

No he said "Choose or perish." Oh wait, that was Ghostbusters.

Posted by: Tony P | Oct 10, 2009 7:53:58 PM

The time and money spent crafting this crap-mobile could have been spent helping women and children in Darfur or Filipinos who lost homes and loved ones from recent typhoons. What a pathetic waste.

Posted by: KZ | Oct 10, 2009 8:25:39 PM

I saw the truth truck parked near the Washington Monument, and a passenger was getting out. My boyfriend and I were holding hands and we smiled and waved. The man didn't say a word - just gave us one of the most contemptuous looks I've ever received.

And I bet they think they're spreading the love of Christ.

Posted by: PINGAS | Oct 12, 2009 8:42:03 AM

LOL! Good for you,PINGAS, atta boy! Show that wingnut that your love is nothing to be ashamed of!

Posted by: nikko | Oct 13, 2009 2:07:56 AM

I saw a few of these type trucks in my time in DC. In DC, these things are about as effective as Kerry / Edwards bumper stickers. DC votes 8-1 Democrat and is the most gay-friendly city I've been to.

I'm glad to have these ridiculous trucks in the District, because that means they're far away from people whose minds they might actually change.

Posted by: DN | Oct 13, 2009 10:03:48 AM