RECENT  POSTS:  » Video: Voices from our pro-equality future (present?) » Anti-gay orgs continue to offend children of single parents, gay parents, more » Apple CEO gives 'substantial' sum to HRC's southern state project; may or may not have used ApplePay » Conservative proposes new way for vendors to tell gay customers they don't care for them » NOM versus David Koch » Anti-equality baseball player calls reporter 'a prick' for asking about his anti-equality advocacy » Audio: Josh Duggar defends discrimination, invalidates own point » Audio: AFA's Fischer names 'homosexual agenda' as 'greatest threat to liberty' in American history » Audio: AFA Radio caller calls for executing gays; FRC-employed host doesn't even challenge him, much less condemn » NOM president's other organization is 'in trouble' (his words) too

10/20/2009

Well I guess that's what I get for registering at Bed Bath & Beyond Disgusting Rhetoric

Very few people RSVPed "no" to my recent wedding. But then again, I didn't invite Jared Jenkins and family:

Screen Shot 2009-10-20 At 9.12.29 Am-2
*Comment was left here, on this writer's wedding album: 6/13/09 [G-A-Y]

Do we think he'll still send a gift?

**RELATED: Don't forget the pre-wedding condemnation that Peter LaBarbera sent my way: Because a toaster would have been too sane [G-A-Y]

Ad Hominem fallacy? Check.
Ad Nauseum fallacy? Check.
A poor grip on the English language? Check.
Ignoring one's own religious teachings just to bash the gay guy? Check.

A classic case of Internet douche-baggery, better known as "trolling". It's absolutely pathetic. Not only that, but someone who's seemingly anti-gay is hanging around a gay-centric website. Sounds pretty queer to me, don't you think?

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone". Don't forget this, Jared. You can't pick and choose which parts of your religion you want to follow. You are a sinner just like everyone else, and are no better nor worse than the rest of us.

Posted by: Tyler | Oct 20, 2009 9:57:32 AM

I just went and watched your wedding video and now I am sobbing. How can anyone -- ANYONE -- watch that think it is correct to deny two people who are so very much in love the right to be married? From the Bangor Daily News..."It is hard to see how allowing more people to marry will weaken marriage. Instead, it seems the strong desire of gay and lesbian couples to be married, rather than declared domestic partners, shows the value and importance of marriage."

We have fourteen days til the election here in Maine. Please, everyone, do what you can to help us. Donate, volunteer -- we will win this fight so there can be more couples like Jeremy and Andrew pledging their love forever.

L

Posted by: Leslie | Oct 20, 2009 10:07:24 AM

If he did send a gift, would you open it? LOL

of course I don't need to tell you that you shouldn't let someone's ignorance spoil your blessed event. I know you know that already ;p

Posted by: a. mcewen | Oct 20, 2009 10:07:30 AM

'The most disgusting and perverted thing that I've seen in my lifetime'?

Mr Jenkins doesn't get out much, does he? I assume he's unacquainted with the Holocaust and other such atrocities. He's certainly unacquainted with good manners and rational argument.

And by the way, belated congratulations to both of you on your marriage!

Posted by: Baron Scarpia | Oct 20, 2009 10:18:42 AM

I'm sorry to say this but I do enjoy when homophobes finds this website and leave comments about "you need to repent" or "God would never bless this union" and so on. It just shows how much hate they have for anyone living differently from what they says is normal and how ignorant they are about love.

Posted by: Sam | Oct 20, 2009 10:40:39 AM

In lieu of this recent comment, I'd like to take a momentary sojourn out of lurkdom to extend my extremely hearty congratulations for your marriage. <3

Posted by: Mari | Oct 20, 2009 10:43:32 AM

Don't be sorry, Sam. I love the comments too :-)

Thanks for the warm wishes, everyone. On the post-wedding front: I have some exciting news that I'll be able to share very soon. Stay tuned.

Posted by: G-A-Y | Oct 20, 2009 11:16:45 AM

Wherever that guy is going for eternity, I don't want to be there.

Posted by: dave31175 | Oct 20, 2009 11:26:43 AM

Jeremy: Do not feed the troll!

Jared: Jeremy's union is the most disgusting and perverted thing you've ever seen? I'm sorry you were so offended. (http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Offended)

Posted by: PINGAS | Oct 20, 2009 11:33:41 AM

Oops, that link was fucked. Here: http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Offended

Posted by: PINGAS | Oct 20, 2009 11:36:44 AM

Eh, not really worried about troll feeding, PINGAS. As far as I'm concerned, he can keep right on talking. In fact, I'll give him the space :-)

Posted by: G-A-Y | Oct 20, 2009 11:37:39 AM

In reading that comment I was wondering what century we're in? I remember being a kid and seeing comedy-westerns where some clueless preacher came into a scene saying very much the same thing. "REPENT! REPENT!" while holding a bible. And they were always portrayed as fools. Back then I thought it was just a joke. Now I know people like that really do exist.

Or maybe he was trying out for a part in a movie...

BTW Jeremy, your wedding pics are simply darling!

Posted by: Julie M. | Oct 20, 2009 11:57:21 AM

Jeremy: I don't post here much, but I do try and keep up with the blog when I can. Just wanted to thank you for steering everyone to your wedding photos. They're great. I wish you and the hubbie the best. :-)

Posted by: Jjohn | Oct 20, 2009 12:29:27 PM

Didn't you get the memo? "Perverted" and "Wicked" are the new "Sick". Of course, "Sick" was the new "Bad" a couple of years ago. "Bad" being the new "Awesome" from back in Dubya's teenage years. It's all generational, and it is becoming more difficult to stay current on urban slang vernacular!

Posted by: Dick Mills | Oct 20, 2009 2:34:50 PM

I have to agree with Tyler - this is the work of a troll.

The best way to deal with Internet trolls is to ignore them. They get their jollies by stirring the pot, causing anger and strife; by reacting so publicly, you're giving them exactly what they want.

And your wedding pictures are beautiful. Congratulations! Enjoy your marriage and forget about idiots who would say such rude things. :-)

Posted by: outoutout | Oct 20, 2009 8:02:34 PM

OOO: I appreciate the concern. Sincerely. But anyone who knows this site knows that taking this piss out of this king of stuff is what we do. I don't put anything into categories (troll, legit, etc). It's all anti-gay silliness, and it all gets addressed.

If this person wants to get mileage out of my posting, by all means -- let him. Let him publicize how he happened to be on a gay site, and was just so enraged by the queerness around him that he had to demonize a stranger's wedding and eternal future. It would only be good for our cause.

Posted by: G-A-Y | Oct 20, 2009 8:17:32 PM

When I first came out to myself and immediate family, comments and beliefs like Jenkins' made me livid. Seven years later, I tend not to care so much. I don't need Jenkins' precious approval. Jeremy doesn't either. This person needs to get a life and leave us queers alone.

And again, congrats, Jeremy!

Posted by: KZ | Oct 20, 2009 10:58:36 PM