RECENT  POSTS:  » Video: Brian Brown's fellow panelist gives insight into Moscow panel's extreme views on homosexuality, marriage » Video: TN man condemns gays with Leviticus billboards; oddly allows local Red Lobsters to remain open » Video: 'Ex-gay' speaker at upcoming ERLC summit equates talking to gay people with talking to cancer patients » GLAAD: Mainstream media is catching on to NOM's broader agenda » FRC's Values Voter Summit puts anti-gay bakers on a marriage panel; so we won, basically » GOP front group NOM raising money for a GOP US Senate » Leave beloved children's author Beverly Cleary out of your dastardly agenda, NOM! » Video: Another hour, another anti-gay activist warning society of its impending, gay-initiated doom » Video: Target features gay dads in new ad #MadeToMatter » Brian Brown warns America: We probably won't survive gay people's marriages

11/02/2009

Video: Twas the night before [another day where gay lives are put to offensive vote]

Help us win: Protect Maine Equality -- NO ON ONE!

P.S. A bird pooped on me while I was recording this footage. No, I'm not joking. Thankfully the lovely Jenna Lowenstein was there to lend a hand while I dug wipes and Tide to Go out of my bag (yes, I'm that resourceful/annoying person who carries things like Tide To Go with me everywhere).

But ya know, I couldn't help but think that if it happened to someone on our opposition's side, they'd immediately issue a press release and film an ad about the incident, blaming "No on One" for the flying feces. ;-)

We all know that that little drop of poo was God's judgment against you. Don't deny it, Jeremy. You know it to be true.

Posted by: Brian | Nov 2, 2009 5:12:33 PM

It sounds twisted, but my Nana would have said that it will bring good luck.

Posted by: SammySeattle | Nov 2, 2009 6:04:07 PM

Actually, I see the bird poop as symbolic. The anti-gay propaganda has been one big stream of pooping on gay people from start to finish. Alas, it also takes more wet wipes to clean up.

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow!

Posted by: Baron Scarpia | Nov 2, 2009 6:49:39 PM

I wish I could have been at the rally, but I go to high school in Portland and couldn't miss my last class of the day. I made up for it by canvassing tonight for 4 hours, though!

Posted by: Caitlin | Nov 2, 2009 8:39:25 PM

I was so thrilled to meet Jeremy at the No on 1 rally today! But before I had a chance to get up to him and introduce myself, I noticed him dabbing Tide to Go all over his pants and cuffs and I thought to myself, "Hm, what a resourceful young man he is!" LOL.

Great to meet you, Jeremy! If you feel like joining us for phonebanking, I'll be at 533 Forest Avenue from 8:30 am until 8 pm tomorrow. <--- Just typing that out makes me feel like, holy shit, that is one f**king long day....but every minute, every phone call, every knock is important.

No on 1! 23 hours to go...

L

Posted by: Leslie | Nov 2, 2009 8:53:19 PM

See, I have proof :-) My husband and I call it my Jewish mother bag. I'm always there with wipes, Kleenex, Band-Aids, and much more.

Nice meeting you too, Leslie. I'll be all over tomorrow, but definitely in the campaign offices during some of the day.

Posted by: G-A-Y | Nov 2, 2009 9:12:14 PM

Tonight at the phonebank, a volunteer got a headache and who had Extra Strength Tylenol in her purse? (Yes, she took two and thanked me.) In addition to bandaids, throat lozenges, tissues, eye masks for sleeping, female hygienic supplies, emergency chocolate and ...last but not least, change for a dollar.

We No on 1 volunteers go above and beyond what anyone expects. LOL.

L