RECENT  POSTS:  » NOM finally admitting that marriage amendments are, in fact, bans » Kentucky's big anti-LGBT org hopes to pray away a fair court ruling on civil marriage » Iowa's governor sponsoring anti-gay Family Leader summit? » Head of Virginia's top anti-gay org: One mean email proves 'the left' is sexist, intolerant » Video: Ohio should be so lucky to have married couples as adorable as George Henry » GLAAD: Q&A with former 'ex-gay' activist Yvette Schneider: 'I’ve never met an 'ex-gay' man I thought was not still attracted to men' » Head of Virginia's anti-equality org: 'open season to discriminate against anyone who believes that children deserve a mom and a dad' » Force behind Virginia's marriage ban ably demonstrates animus behind it » NOM to show rest of world its impressive ability to exacerbate loss » Bryan Fischer: Marriage equality supporters are like baseball's legendarily winning team  

« Go back a post || Return to G-A-Y homepage || Haul tail to next post »

12/16/2009

Poll: ♪ Start spreading the [cash to pro-equality challengers] ♪

by Jeremy Hooper

New-York-gay-equalityA new Siena poll indicates that when it comes to the state Senate failing to support equality, more New Yorkers are pissed than they are pleased:

Forty-seven percent of voters were disappointed that the Senate rejected the bill to legalize same sex marriages in New York, compared to 41 percent who were pleased by the Senate’s vote. Liberals, young voters, Democrats and Jewish voters were most disappointed. Conservatives, Republicans, older, and African American voters were most pleased with the Senate vote. In August, 50 percent of voters told Siena that they supported the Senate passing the same sex marriage bill, with 44 percent then opposing Senate passage.
Siena College Poll: Plurality of Voters Disappointed Senate Rejected Same Sex Marriage Bill [Siena]

Which should be an especially troubling sign to those eight Democrats who went the anti-gay way. Even more so for those who will face primary opponents, as NY primary elections are famously filled with the state's more progressive voters.

Of course 47+ 41 only equal's 88%. Here's sincerely hoping that the other 12% were too sickened by the Senate's unprincipled fumble that they couldn't even muster an answer!

space gay-comment gay-G-A-Y-post gay-email gay-writer-jeremy-hooper


Your thoughts

comments powered by Disqus

G-A-Y Comments Policy


 
Related Posts with Thumbnails