'The American right wing has gone off the rails, into the bushes, and off the cliff'
Don't call us flaming lefties for the above headline. Because the quote doesn't come from this here site. It comes from Charles Johnson, the onetime right-aligned blogger of Little Green Footballs, who, like an ever-growing number of Republicans, has been driven to the left by the frighteningly unhinged voices that have hijacked the conservative cause:
Why I Parted Ways With The Right
1. Support for fascists, both in America (see: Pat Buchanan, Robert Stacy McCain, etc.) and in Europe (see: Vlaams Belang, BNP, SIOE, Pat Buchanan, etc.)
2. Support for bigotry, hatred, and white supremacism (see: Pat Buchanan, Ann Coulter, Robert Stacy McCain, Lew Rockwell, etc.)
3. Support for throwing women back into the Dark Ages, and general religious fanaticism (see: Operation Rescue, anti-abortion groups, James Dobson, Pat Robertson, Tony Perkins, the entire religious right, etc.)
4. Support for anti-science bad craziness (see: creationism, climate change denialism, Sarah Palin, Michele Bachmann, James Inhofe, etc.)
5. Support for homophobic bigotry (see: Sarah Palin, Dobson, the entire religious right, etc.)
KEEP READING: Why I Parted Ways With The Right [LGF]
The far-right will surely call him a turncoat. But when the coat seems more hellbent on protecting discontent than protecting its wearer from the winter, it's far better to go cold turkey than to embrace the overheat.
And far be it for the social conservatives to decry someone for "going rogue."
The far right is why 40% of Americans now identify as "Independent" voters.
Posted by: Mykelb | Dec 2, 2009 10:31:24 AMcomments powered by Disqus