RECENT  POSTS:  » Video: Hey, Focus on the Family's Citizenlink—get your egos out of our marriage equality! » Video: Hallmark features openly in love couple (who happen to be lesbians) » NOM's 'International Org. For Marriage' gets an Executive Director » FRC prays for judges, governors, legislators to ignore marriage equality rulings » Read: AFA plays innocent about making Bryan Fischer a known pundit; no one's buying it » Yes you will coexist with civil marriage equality, Tony Perkins; that's a demand, not a request » Report: The AFA has fired Bryan Fischer as Director of Issue Analysis » Video: These Alabama anti-gay protestors sound exactly like parody versions of Alabama anti-gay protestors » Audio: Activist judge Roy Moore gives rambling, unconvincing interview to Tony Perkins » NOM reveals plan for taking people's money even though they've clearly lost

02/11/2010

Video: Love for one sex vs. love for one sec

Buffalo, NY: 2/10/10:

Fighting for the right to marry [YNN]
(h/t: Towle)

If only this nation were a meritocracy based on cleverness.

I know this is meant to be a bit humorous and to point out the total irony of how ridiculous inequality is, but it totally breaks my heart just the same...is it so much to ask that we can be treated with the same kindness and dignity (and as such, be bestowed the same rights) as our straight neighbors and friends?

Posted by: Aya | Feb 11, 2010 2:31:09 PM

It's always a balance, Aya. You *should* be enraged. But if we can maintain sanity through laughter/irony, that's a good thing.

Posted by: G-A-Y | Feb 11, 2010 2:37:52 PM

I came *this* close to doing the same thing here in Phoenix - I'm glad these folks did it!

Posted by: DN | Feb 11, 2010 3:47:07 PM

This reminds me of the time my friend Amy married Dan Savage. During the ceremony they vowed never to live or sleep together and to continue their lives with their same sex partners. These were their marriage vows. And it was legal. It really does demonstrate how ridiculous our marriage laws are.

Posted by: SammySeattle | Feb 11, 2010 5:06:12 PM

This is exactly what the RRRW want to see. Us knuckling under pressure. I don't like this at all. I went to Canada to marry my husband and I will go to any lengths short of murder so everyone else finally gets that same right.

Posted by: Mykelb | Feb 11, 2010 9:52:38 PM

I think it totally rocks! It proves that "traditional marriage" can be shallow and meaningless, and the idea that keeping some loving, committed couples from marrying and having full equal rights under marriage "keeps traditional marriage so damn special" is completly baseless.

Thanks for posting this, Jeremy.

Posted by: Bonnie Half-Elven | Feb 12, 2010 1:03:17 PM