RECENT  POSTS:  » NOM #March4Marriage coalition partner, religious liaison: 'Homosexuality is behavior and choice...immoral' » Mike Huckabee blatantly lies about something no civil marriage activist is seeking » Video: Man who once called for ban on gay teachers promotes #March4Marriage; because of course he does » FRC Senior Fellow: We are prepared to 'give our lives' to fight same-sex marriage (i.e. 'our eternal destruction') » Questions 'Face The Nation' should ask Tony Perkins (but likely won't, sadly) » Gorgeous clip from PFLAG Canada recognizes the many marriage memories that never were » On marriage, FRC prays SCOTUS will 'rule in the fear of the Lord' » AFA's new desperation: Marriage equality will turn bible into 'Mein Kampf' » Stop me if you've heard this one: Gay men throw reception for Ted Cruz; Cruz doesn't act as super anti-gay as usual » When will NOM stop denigrating single parents and their children?

02/11/2010

Video: Love for one sex vs. love for one sec

Buffalo, NY: 2/10/10:

Fighting for the right to marry [YNN]
(h/t: Towle)

If only this nation were a meritocracy based on cleverness.

I know this is meant to be a bit humorous and to point out the total irony of how ridiculous inequality is, but it totally breaks my heart just the same...is it so much to ask that we can be treated with the same kindness and dignity (and as such, be bestowed the same rights) as our straight neighbors and friends?

Posted by: Aya | Feb 11, 2010 2:31:09 PM

It's always a balance, Aya. You *should* be enraged. But if we can maintain sanity through laughter/irony, that's a good thing.

Posted by: G-A-Y | Feb 11, 2010 2:37:52 PM

I came *this* close to doing the same thing here in Phoenix - I'm glad these folks did it!

Posted by: DN | Feb 11, 2010 3:47:07 PM

This reminds me of the time my friend Amy married Dan Savage. During the ceremony they vowed never to live or sleep together and to continue their lives with their same sex partners. These were their marriage vows. And it was legal. It really does demonstrate how ridiculous our marriage laws are.

Posted by: SammySeattle | Feb 11, 2010 5:06:12 PM

This is exactly what the RRRW want to see. Us knuckling under pressure. I don't like this at all. I went to Canada to marry my husband and I will go to any lengths short of murder so everyone else finally gets that same right.

Posted by: Mykelb | Feb 11, 2010 9:52:38 PM

I think it totally rocks! It proves that "traditional marriage" can be shallow and meaningless, and the idea that keeping some loving, committed couples from marrying and having full equal rights under marriage "keeps traditional marriage so damn special" is completly baseless.

Thanks for posting this, Jeremy.

Posted by: Bonnie Half-Elven | Feb 12, 2010 1:03:17 PM